08-18-2012, 08:36 AM
User Info
Quick question for the Dovo Shavette users:
What is the purpose of the metal tab at the bottom of the scales?

I closed the razor with the blade inside the black holder and the little tab notched the edge. The blade is hitting the tab when razor is closed and I am told by the vendor that it is my fault for not using the razor properly.

For all Shavette users, do you store the razor with the blade in and keep the razor open or take the blade out after each shave ?

I could post pictures as well.

Thanks.

7 358
 08-18-2012, 12:26 PM
User Info
Hi, I have exactly the same shavette as you, but no problems with the "metal tab".
On my shavette the little tab is bent so it lies parallell with the scales. (Perhaps not so easy to describe). And there no risk that it should have any contact with the blade.
I guess it is something wrong with your shavette.
As for storage, there is no problem to store the razor with the blade in.
When it comes to the purpose of this tab, I have no clue...
Hope this may be of some help to you!

0 54
 08-18-2012, 01:22 PM
User Info
(08-18-2012, 12:26 PM)kalleolle Wrote: Hi, I have exactly the same shavette as you, but no problems with the "metal tab".
On my shavette the little tab is bent so it lies parallell with the scales. (Perhaps not so easy to describe). And there no risk that it should have any contact with the blade.
I guess it is something wrong with your shavette.
As for storage, there is no problem to store the razor with the blade in.
When it comes to the purpose of this tab, I have no clue...
Hope this may be of some help to you!

Thank you kalleolle. Are you using the red holder (for regular Gillette DE half blade) or the black holder (for the longer blades)?

7 358
 08-18-2012, 03:08 PM
User Info
I have both the red and the black holder. No problem with any of them.

0 54
 08-18-2012, 05:31 PM
User Info
Here is a picture of the tab inside the scales:
[Image: IMG_4231.jpg]

Here you can see the tab in relation to the black holder:
[Image: IMG_4234.jpg]

7 358
 08-18-2012, 11:19 PM
User Info
It looks like the tab is pointing up more than the tab on my shavette.
Perharps you could try to press it downwards so it is almost parallell to the scale.
Another thing to check: when my shavette is closed, the top of the blade holder is 3 to 4 mm above the top of the scale. If it should go further down then this could also make the tab hit the blade.

0 54
 08-19-2012, 07:55 PM
User Info
(08-18-2012, 11:19 PM)kalleolle Wrote: It looks like the tab is pointing up more than the tab on my shavette.
Perharps you could try to press it downwards so it is almost parallell to the scale.
Another thing to check: when my shavette is closed, the top of the blade holder is 3 to 4 mm above the top of the scale. If it should go further down then this could also make the tab hit the blade.

Can you check what makes the blade holder stop above the top of the scale and not go all the way down?

7 358
 08-19-2012, 10:14 PM
User Info
I think it is the distance between the walls of the scales,
at the point where the point of the blade holder goes down in the scales.

0 54