05-20-2017, 03:41 PM
User Info
I didn't know AOS wasn't tallow based anymore. I bought a three pack. Sandalwood doesn't really do it for me, but it's a reliable soap so I'll throw a few in the back of the closet.

0 9
 Yesterday, 04:55 PM
User Info
(05-19-2017, 06:07 PM)daveinsweethome Wrote:
(05-17-2017, 10:53 AM)EJaggerMan Wrote: AOS Sandalwood is the soap that got me into all this fun. It is definitely my favorite Sandalwood. It's a must try.

some people are easy to hook.  it  was their balm sandlewood that hooked me

Dave thanks now I've gotta use that soap tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 830
 9 hours ago
User Info
Help!!! I just ordered two tallow Lemon refill pucks... Tongue

36 3,590
 9 hours ago
User Info
(9 hours ago)primotenore Wrote: Help!!! I just ordered two tallow Lemon refill pucks... Tongue

How is the lemon? The only one I've tried is the Sandalwood

0 830
 6 hours ago
User Info
Though both tallow and non-tallow versions are singularly lemon, the tallow version is slightly more natural (scented with EO only).

0 350
 5 hours ago
User Info
(9 hours ago)EJaggerMan Wrote:
(9 hours ago)primotenore Wrote: Help!!! I just ordered two tallow Lemon refill pucks... Tongue

How is the lemon? The only one I've tried is the Sandalwood

The Lemon is my favorite (although I have never tried the lavender). Not a strong scent, but noticeable.

36 3,590
 4 hours ago
User Info
I'm really surprised no one has mentioned how Valobra made AoS tallow Sandalwood. There's a reason for it's continued praise, and why people still buy it and Valobra hard soaps, because they're that damn good.  

Having just used a NOS puck of AoS Sandalwood yesterday, I can confidantly say it's performance is up there with the best artisan soaps out today. Which is crazy, given the price and just how long ago this hard soap was made.

0 27
 3 hours ago
User Info
(4 hours ago)elRook Wrote: I'm really surprised no one has mentioned how Valobra made AoS tallow Sandalwood. There's a reason for it's continued praise, and why people still buy it and Valobra hard soaps, because they're that damn good.  

Having just used a NOS puck of AoS Sandalwood yesterday, I can confidantly say it's performance is up there with the best artisan soaps out today. Which is crazy, given the price and just how long ago this hard soap was made.
This Forum has a terrific search engine.

http://shavenook.com/search.php?action=results&sid=8b95d3bcf4f4fd81ca256a95c367f99d&sortby=lastpost&order=desc

36 3,590
 3 hours ago
User Info
(3 hours ago)primotenore Wrote:
(4 hours ago)elRook Wrote: I'm really surprised no one has mentioned how Valobra made AoS tallow Sandalwood. There's a reason for it's continued praise, and why people still buy it and Valobra hard soaps, because they're that damn good.  

http://shavenook.com/search.php?action=results&sid=8b95d3bcf4f4fd81ca256a95c367f99d&sortby=lastpost&order=desc

I meant specifically in this thread, but will apologize if I somehow missed it.  That and the OP asked if anyone had any experience with it, which again, I was pretty surprised by the lack of mentioning it's origins.

0 27
 3 hours ago
User Info
(3 hours ago)elRook Wrote:
(3 hours ago)primotenore Wrote:

I meant specifically in this thread, but will apologize if I somehow missed it.  That and the OP asked if anyone had any experience with it, which again, I was pretty surprised by the lack of mentioning it's origins.
No apology necessary. As a less-frequent poster, I wanted to make you aware of an excellent tool available to members.

36 3,590
 2 hours ago
User Info
Just to clarify — though made by Valobra — the soaps are slightly different in that Potassium Cocoate is not included in AoS, whereas it is in Valobra (and C&S).

0 350
 2 hours ago
  • Nero
  • Saving Through Spending More
  • le montagne
User Info
Interesting, because I find the AoS and C&S to be closest together, and the Valobra branded ones to be the odd man out.

55 2,350
 2 hours ago
User Info
(2 hours ago)ask4Edge Wrote: Just to clarify — though made by Valobra — the soaps are slightly different in that Potassium Cocoate is not included in AoS, whereas it is in Valobra (and C&S).

(2 hours ago)Nero Wrote: Interesting, because I find the AoS and C&S to be closest together, and the Valobra branded ones to be the odd man out.

That I did not know.

36 3,590
 1 hour ago
  • Mouser
  • Forest City, Florida U.S.A.
User Info
Being made by the same manufacturer in no way means its made the same. It goes through a whole bid process in which the company asking for the bid has specs to be met.

7 2,196