04-22-2017, 05:28 AM
  • chazt
  • Bayside, NY
User Info
Yep, ER knots are great. I'm so pleased with the 26 and 28 sizes. They have for me, a near perfect combination of density, backbone, flow-through and soft tips. My preference is the bulb shape.

7 2,441
 05-02-2017, 03:44 AM
User Info
I have the exact bethlahem olive wood, 28mm Manchurian as the op. Pretty good brush right out of the gate. First experience with a Manchurian and I have to say when I got a couple days growth and need something to exfoliate good. I reach for this brush. Besides the wood is really unusual to see in person. Love it and great communication with elite. One off requests no problem.

1 41
 01-11-2018, 01:05 PM
  • bijou
  • Chicago Illinois
User Info
I would like to applaud Bob for the unique woods he gets in, his superior craftsmanship in creating outstanding wooden, resin, stone and metal handles.

I have six of Bobs wooden handles and one resin. Because Bob is very versatile, in which I mean you can either get one of Bobs knots in his handle or you can have him set another vendor's knot in his handles or you can just buy a handle and sit on it until you see a knot that you want to be set into that handle (this is something that I do). Also Bob will custom make a handle if you desire. The latest addition to Bobs Elite brand is his logo which appears on his newest handles which enhances his handles and completes his brand.

[Image: 5pR8c2Q.jpg] Spalted wood with Elites Manchurian knot 26 x 53

[Image: 4JLoZxZ.jpg] L- Jerusalem wood with a Romera knot 27 x 53, R- Bloodwood Elite Manchurian 24 (26) x 51.5

[Image: kfeWS1V.jpg] [Image: ptiMlx8.jpg]
[Image: EebRUk7.jpg] Both handles are Amboyna Burl

[Image: OHmu7MA.jpg]
Ironwood TGN 24  

[Image: y7yyX3Y.jpg]
New Elite logo

Sorry about this, this photo was taken a while back. The brush on the left is a Doug Korn with a Elite Manchurian 24 (26), the bush on the right is a Bob Quinn with a Elite Manchurian 24 (26)
[Image: PBaFKOD.jpg]

52 504
 01-11-2018, 02:40 PM
  • chazt
  • Bayside, NY
User Info
Great looking brushes, Steven! Bob sure makes beautiful and highly functional tools. The coin logo in the handle is a nice touch. A while back I recall Bob saying he preferred letting his work speak for itself rather than adorning it with extraneous distractions. This is tastefully done.

I still use my ER brushes frequently. Enjoy your shaves Smile

7 2,441
 01-11-2018, 03:45 PM
  • bijou
  • Chicago Illinois
User Info
(01-11-2018, 02:40 PM)chazt Wrote: Great looking brushes, Steven! Bob sure makes beautiful and highly functional tools.  The coin logo in the handle is a nice touch. A while back I recall Bob saying he preferred letting his work speak for itself rather than adorning it with extraneous distractions. This is tastefully done.

I still use my ER brushes frequently. Enjoy your shaves Smile
Thanks Charlie, all the best to ya

52 504
 01-11-2018, 05:22 PM
User Info
Beautiful quality brushes Steven.  I have long been an admirer of Bob Quinn's work.

51 6,630
 01-11-2018, 07:29 PM
  • bijou
  • Chicago Illinois
User Info
(01-11-2018, 05:22 PM)TheLegalRazor Wrote: Beautiful quality brushes Steven.  I have long been an admirer of Bob Quinn's work.

Thanks Ricardo i,m lucky that they were still available

52 504