06-20-2017, 06:01 AM
User Info
(06-20-2017, 05:54 AM)Jeff2011 Wrote: My intention was to pick up a Blackland d.e.....but, having found this thread (and having a brilliant mmoc shave this morning) I think my mind has been changed. 

The MMOC has always treated me well as long as I respected it. A little off and it is harsh. 

I think the Sabre will be brilliant.

The Sabre is definitely toned down and more refined compared to the MMOC. No harshness whatsoever.

0 522
 06-20-2017, 06:03 AM
  • Agravic
  • Super Moderator
  • Pennsylvania, USA
User Info
(06-20-2017, 06:01 AM)Blackland Razors Wrote:
(06-20-2017, 05:54 AM)Jeff2011 Wrote: My intention was to pick up a Blackland d.e.....but, having found this thread (and having a brilliant mmoc shave this morning) I think my mind has been changed. 

The MMOC has always treated me well as long as I respected it. A little off and it is harsh. 

The Sabre is definitely toned down and more refined compared to the MMOC. No harshness whatsoever.

Icon_popcorn

102 18,418
 06-20-2017, 06:11 AM
User Info
Almost forgot. Production on the first group of Sabres is complete. Waiting on them to arrive for QC and then we'll get going! Again, more Sabres are in production so if/when these first 100 or so sell out it isn't the case that we have to wait for production to begin again. It shouldn't be more than 2-3 weeks until we are resupplied.

0 522
 06-20-2017, 06:36 AM
  • iShave
  • Calgary
User Info
You can remove if shane, there going to sell out fast

0 362
 06-20-2017, 06:43 AM
User Info
(06-20-2017, 06:36 AM)iShave Wrote: You can remove if shane, there going to sell out fast

Smile

Good thing we have plenty lined up then! Several hundred heads are running right now. Strangely enough the handles are actually the choke point due to machine availability. Working now on getting them squeezed in sooner to drop the wait time for resupply.

0 522
 06-20-2017, 06:54 AM
  • chamm
  • Expert on nothing
  • Central Ohio
User Info
(06-20-2017, 06:01 AM)Blackland Razors Wrote:

I have a MMOC, and to my face, it is very different from the Sabre. I can get a great shave with the MicroMatic, but I have to be constantly aware of the blade, and be especially careful when going ATG, or else it's a bloodbath. The Sabre is a lot more "mindless." I've found that I can get cuts and irritation with the Sabre, but I have to be especially careless to do so. With the. MicroMatic, it is the exact opposite.

As to the face feel of the shave, the closest razor I've experienced in terms of smoothness/closeness is the OneBlade loaded with a de-spined GEM blade. The Sabre is a very similar feel, minus of course the spring-loaded head. (And a couple hundred bucks... ?)

I give very high marks to the Sabre. It is a very different razor from the Blackbird. The thicker, more rigid blade lasts much longer, and is extremely smooth. The Blackbird requires a little more finesse, but I can get an ever-so-slightly closer shave. I'm not a straight-razor user, but I think it's somewhat akin to a wedge vs. a hollow grind on the blade. Or maybe a cruder analogy would be a fillet knife vs. a cleaver.

If you get a good shave from a MicroMatic, I think you'll be extremely pleased with the Sabre.

22 821
 06-20-2017, 07:32 AM
User Info
(06-20-2017, 06:54 AM)chamm Wrote:
(06-20-2017, 06:01 AM)Blackland Razors Wrote:

I have a MMOC, and to my face, it is very different from the Sabre. I can get a great shave with the MicroMatic, but I have to be constantly aware of the blade, and be especially careful when going ATG, or else it's a bloodbath. The Sabre is a lot more "mindless." I've found that I can get cuts and irritation with the Sabre, but I have to be especially careless to do so. With the. MicroMatic, it is the exact opposite.

As to the face feel of the shave, the closest razor I've experienced in terms of smoothness/closeness is the OneBlade loaded with a de-spined GEM blade. The Sabre is a very similar feel, minus of course the spring-loaded head. (And a couple hundred bucks... ?)

I give very high marks to the Sabre. It is a very different razor from the Blackbird. The thicker, more rigid blade lasts much longer, and is extremely smooth. The Blackbird requires a little more finesse, but I can get an ever-so-slightly closer shave. I'm not a straight-razor user, but I think it's somewhat akin to a wedge vs. a hollow grind on the blade. Or maybe a cruder analogy would be a fillet knife vs. a cleaver.

If you get a good shave from a MicroMatic, I think you'll be extremely pleased with the Sabre.

Good info. Thank you. I really want both....having tried straights (too bloody and not patient enough), and a.c. blades (too wide).....  I am in good shape on d.e. s, and looking forward to using the Sabre.

0 3
 06-20-2017, 11:30 AM
User Info
(06-20-2017, 06:11 AM)Blackland Razors Wrote: Almost forgot. Production on the first group of Sabres is complete. Waiting on them to arrive for QC and then we'll get going! Again, more Sabres are in production so if/when these first 100 or so sell out it isn't the case that we have to wait for production to begin again. It shouldn't be more than 2-3 weeks until we are resupplied.

Don't forget to polish one for me lol Smile

7 421
 06-20-2017, 11:36 AM
User Info
I will be very satisfied with a machined version as my SB looks fabulous.

116 12,877
 06-21-2017, 06:04 PM
User Info
I've already posted this in the other Sabre thread, but I want cover all the bases. The Sabre will become available this Saturday, June 24th, at 12pm noon ET and will begin shipping on Tuesday. This razor has been in the works for almost a year and I couldn't be more excited to get it into your hands!

0 522
 2 hours ago
User Info
Just ordered mine!! Can't wait!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 644
 2 hours ago
User Info
Sabre ordered. Thanks Shane!

31 7,997
 2 hours ago
User Info
Thanks, gents! You may notice that your notification states a shipping date in May. Please disregard. Orders will ship on Tuesday.

0 522
 1 hour ago
User Info
Order placed!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

18 535
 1 hour ago
User Info
I ordered mine !

0 17