04-22-2017, 04:23 PM
User Info
Just curious what everyone thinks about the Wolfman razors. I have been trolling his website hoping to find something for sale
for a few weeks now. I have also subscribed to his Twitter feed but have seen nothing. I am hoping to find a top quality modern razor but these seem too hard to come by.

Troy

2 122
 04-22-2017, 04:30 PM
User Info
He hasn't had a twitter update in almost a month. Wolfman makes a wonderful razor but if you are looking for a modern razor NOW, I would look at Above the Tie and Timeless. They are just as nice shave wise. The Wolfman is machined to perfection though.

9 118
 04-22-2017, 04:31 PM
User Info
You may want to consider Timeless Razors.

48 5,715
 04-22-2017, 04:34 PM
  • eengler
  • Administrator
  • South Dakota, USA
User Info
If your set on a Wolfman it's worth the wait. There are many other top tier contenders to try while your waitingSmile

59 4,383
 04-22-2017, 04:49 PM
User Info
I own couple of Wolfman and if you ask me, it is worth every penny. No other razor come close to the finish of Wolfman. Keep an eye on twitter account. One more point to make is, James, the guy behind Wolfman is real gentleman and please to do business with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17 254
 04-22-2017, 05:03 PM
  • iShave
  • Calgary
User Info
Yup Wolfman is worth the wait... his polish razor are something else, the WRH-1 is the best handle I ever laid my hands on... he hasn't had a update for a bit, that just means ones coming soon!

1 429
 04-22-2017, 05:09 PM
User Info
There is no equal in the world of stainless razors. Buying new can take awhile, and you need to stay on top of Twitter, that is to say always have a credit card within reach. If you don't mind second hand, there are fair deals to be had on occasion from members here.

158 1,016
 04-22-2017, 05:28 PM
User Info
Thank you for all of the great information.
When they do become available, I know they sell quick. Would I be better off buying just a head or handle, or go for both at same time?

2 122
 04-22-2017, 05:36 PM
  • Bony
  • New York , USA
User Info
Absolutely is worth the wait. I was lucky to snag one razor from his March release . Just be patient and you need to be signed on Wolfman website when he tweets. Put any style head or handle in the cart and pay immediately, with PayPal ,after you get confirmation , email him what exactly you want.
I don't know James in person but looks like he's real gentleman and most important stand behind the quality of his work. His razors are peace of art and if you check there are lot of threads here at TSN all with praise . Good luck !

10 415
 04-22-2017, 05:40 PM
User Info
I haven't had every modern razor.

I've had a lot of razors. Absolutely nothing else is as precisely made and flawlessly finished as a Wolfman. Nothing I've seen. 

Worth is subjective. Lots of blade holders will get the job done. All a matter of taste I suppose. 

I especially appreciate the very low profile of the Wolfman. If you have a mustache you might not notice. A lot of other razors are tricky in tight spots. Like getting your sideburns just right.

One other thing that I always notice is the threads on the head and handle are perfectly smooth. Smooth like nothing else. No other razor handle or head fit together like Wolfman. It's something. 

At the end of the day it is just a razor though.

7 1,313
 04-22-2017, 06:41 PM
  • EricM
  • Encinitas, CA
User Info
It's worth the hassle.  Other than a BBS-1 no other razor has matched what I get out of a Wolfman.  YMMV.

Eric

46 931
 04-22-2017, 06:43 PM
User Info
I think it is worth the wait.  The craftsmanship and the quality of the shave are really top notch.  My Wolfman is truly the best razor I own and I can't recommend it enough.
Steve

0 441
 04-22-2017, 07:00 PM
User Info
I wasn't impressed, especially when you consider the range of options from so many currently available razors, without the hype. I thought the Wolfman was average and a bit rough.

73 4,269
 04-22-2017, 07:24 PM
User Info
Thank you for all of the help everyone. I am going to try and get one when available.

Troy

2 122
 04-22-2017, 07:54 PM
User Info
On the one hand, it's just a tool.  There are other head designs you may find you prefer.  That said, a Wolfman is like a piece of jewelry.  It's the Rolex Daytona of DE razors.

11 967
 04-22-2017, 07:56 PM
User Info
(04-22-2017, 07:54 PM)surfshaver Wrote: On the one hand, it's just a tool.  There are other head designs you may find you prefer.  That said, a Wolfman is like a piece of jewelry.  It's the Rolex Daytona of DE razors.

Ymmv Wink

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

73 4,269
 04-22-2017, 08:01 PM
User Info
I would say wolfman razors are not a hype at all . In last 10 years I've seen on this and many other forums , many razors are so hyped and were no where close to what James brings to the table.

I would say, when very specific group of members on all forums start singing same tune about any product, be it a razor, soap,cream be aware of that product. Most of the time it is hype.

17 254
 04-22-2017, 08:11 PM
User Info
Just to be clear: Wolfmans have a specific head design -- the low profile, open-notch design which I believe began with the Gillette NEW, then Tech series, then now used on several modern razors.  This "flat" head design is useful under the nose, and seems to have a wider range of effective cutting angles than other designs.  But I have other head designs-- the Muhle 89 and the RRBS -- that I find very good as well.  Not everyone finds the Wolfman design to their taste, which I totally understand.

11 967
 04-22-2017, 08:15 PM
  • iShave
  • Calgary
User Info
James will also adjust the aggressiveness, so if you buy it and want it milder or more aggressive that's not an issue. I really like my Wolfman, it's perfect... how it shaves, looks, feels in your hand... it's really the Rolex of DE razors.

1 429
 04-22-2017, 08:17 PM
  • ARGH
  • Boston, MA
User Info
IMHO Wolfman razors are worth every penny one would pay for them. I tried almost every contemporary SS razor and the quality of James' razors is second to none. The only razor that shaves as well for me as WM is Blackland Blackbird, though the quality of WM is more superior.

111 1,400