04-26-2017, 02:50 PM
User Info
Gents,

Now that the Paradigm has been released and many of you have purchased, I thought I'd create this thread for reviews and impressions of your shiny new razor.  NOTE: for those participating in the Mini-Tour, please continue to post your reviews in that thread.

Let's hear from ya!!   Thumbup

73 4,269
 04-26-2017, 03:13 PM
User Info
Good idea to start this thread Billy.

48 5,717
 04-26-2017, 03:16 PM
  • ddk13
  • Nebraska
User Info
Was hoping to do so tonight, but the usps has different ideas.  Looking forward to tomorrow's shave.

42 581
 04-26-2017, 03:20 PM
User Info
I ordered the Paradigm on Monday and was surprised to see it arrive at my door on Wednesday, going from California to Florida. The razor is a handsome article. I would have preferred a shinier finish, but the satin finish, much like that on my titanium bicycle frames is fine. Resembles an ATT stainless in finish to my eye. This was my first shave with a titanium razor and it did not feel too light. It isn't a Timeless all steel, but has some heft to it. The first thing that impressed me was there is no play when loading a blade. The tabs are machined perfectly holding the blade snugly and perfectly centered.
[Image: P1020843.jpg]
As you can see, the ends of the blade are covered by the top cap, but this is no problem as the reveal of the blade is symmetrical so no fiddling with the ends to split the difference is required..
[Image: P1020844.jpg]
I'm no expert on blade gap, but this model is somewhere in between aggressive and mild. I would say it is just about right for me.
[Image: P1020845.jpg]
Now I have been shaving since about 1962 or '63. Started out with Gillette DEs and I know how to shave. This razor delivered a shave comparable with any of the 'heavy hitters' I have the pleasure of shaving with including Wolfman, Timeless, Blackbird, among many others. Knowing what I know now if I had it to do over I would not hesitate to buy it again. BTW, this was my first purchase from Bullgoose, and I wouldn't know Phil if I fell over him, so this is my honest and straight up assessment of this razor. I received no perks, discounts or favors for this review.
[Image: P1020846.jpg]
If you've come this far and are still reading, I did two passes with a new Astra SP. Using MDC brain bucket and a Simpson Tulip 3. Hot water, washed my face, lathered up and went for it. The blade angle was intuitive, and I had no problems with the handle being slick. The arrow designs, the shape of the handle, had it feeling very secure in my hand. Some of the feedback was audible, some was silent, but the razor/blade combo was smooth with no irritation and a BBS shave after my usual two passes. I'd say my beard is mild on the cheeks and tough on the neck/jawline, and the knob of the chin. The razor performed flawlessly. That's about it, if you have the extra $ I offer a high recommendation for this razor.

7 223
 04-26-2017, 03:40 PM
User Info
Nice review, Jimmy! As for this being your first purchase from Phil, I'd say you launched that relationship with a bang!!   Cool   Be sure to post further impressions as more shaves and blades come along.

73 4,269
 04-26-2017, 04:17 PM
  • eengler
  • Administrator
  • South Dakota, USA
User Info
Thanks for sharing your thoughts Jimmy. I enjoyed the photos as well.

59 4,385
 04-26-2017, 04:39 PM
User Info
Nice review and pictures  Jimmy.

48 5,717
 04-26-2017, 04:55 PM
  • Agravic
  • Super Moderator
  • Pennsylvania, USA
User Info
OK
Paradigm razor is legit
BBS in 2 1/2 passes
Slightly more aggressive than standard Wolfman but smooth
Nice light weight and evenly balanced

102 18,552
 04-26-2017, 05:06 PM
User Info
Damn you USPS, making me wait one more day. My 2 day growth was waiting for its mower!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10 198
 04-26-2017, 05:09 PM
User Info
(04-26-2017, 05:06 PM)Chaturvedi.ankit Wrote: Damn you USPS, making me wait one more day. My 2 day growth was waiting for its mower!!

My own arrives tomorrow so I'm trying to figure out why Florida got a razor faster than Texas.  Tongue  Eusa_whistle

73 4,269
 04-26-2017, 05:10 PM
User Info
(04-26-2017, 05:09 PM)TexBilly Wrote:
(04-26-2017, 05:06 PM)Chaturvedi.ankit Wrote: Damn you USPS, making me wait one more day. My 2 day growth was waiting for its mower!!

My own arrives tomorrow so I'm trying to figure out why Florida got a razor faster than Texas.  Tongue  Eusa_whistle

Yeah I am in Texas too, USPS needs to understand how distance works

10 198
 04-26-2017, 05:14 PM
User Info
(04-26-2017, 04:55 PM)Agravic Wrote: OK
Paradigm razor is legit
BBS in 2 1/2 passes
Solid feedback, Ravi!  Hope you enjoy it even more going forward.

73 4,269
 04-26-2017, 05:14 PM
User Info
Jimmy,

I didn't see a pen in the pictures. 

Great review. 

I'm curious about the weight. I have handles that weigh more than the total razor here. I think I've gone so far to bigger and bigger handles that I got away from just paying attention to the shave somewhat and thinking more about not dropping my razor on my toe.

Did the titanium hold heat? I swish my razor between passes in hot water and sometimes it can be too hot for me with stainless. 

Also, does it change color when wet? I have a couple titanium handles. Some get darker like concrete does when wet but one doesn't. It's high polished. Just curious.

7 1,314
 04-26-2017, 05:36 PM
  • Agravic
  • Super Moderator
  • Pennsylvania, USA
User Info
(04-26-2017, 05:14 PM)TexBilly Wrote:
(04-26-2017, 04:55 PM)Agravic Wrote: OK
Paradigm razor is legit
BBS in 2 1/2 passes
Solid feedback, Ravi!  Hope you enjoy it even more going forward.

Yes.

Attached Files Image(s)

102 18,552
 04-26-2017, 05:41 PM
User Info
(04-26-2017, 05:14 PM)bakerbarber Wrote: Jimmy,

I didn't see a pen in the pictures. 

Great review. 

I'm curious about the weight. I have handles that weigh more than the total razor here. I think I've gone so far to bigger and bigger handles that I got away from just paying attention to the shave somewhat and thinking more about not dropping my razor on my toe.

Did the titanium hold heat? I swish my razor between passes in hot water and sometimes it can be too hot for me with stainless. 

Also, does it change color when wet? I have a couple titanium handles. Some get darker like concrete does when wet but one doesn't. It's high polished. Just curious.

Yes indeed, I did get the pen. I clean forgot when I was putting the photos together.  Smile For those who don't know, Bullgoose included a ball point pen with their logo on it in the package along with the razor. Nice touch.

7 223
 04-26-2017, 07:25 PM
  • Rob W
  • Central IL, USA
User Info
Here is my feed back on this razor. The razors I have been using for most of my shaves of late are the Wolfman SB SS with a Darwin handle(85gm) and the Asylum Evolution DE(77gm). The Paradigm Ti is 68gm but seems like it feels lighter than that compared to the other two razors. For me this razor is more aggressive than the Wolfman but also as smooth as both razors. My shave ended up being 2 passes with some small touch up. I wish I had a Wolfman Ti to compare it with, but that is one razor I have not been able to get so far. After one shave, I am very pleased with this razor. I am not sure it will displace the Wolfman SB as my current go to razor but after some more shaves time will tell.

4 632
 04-26-2017, 11:53 PM
User Info
(04-26-2017, 07:25 PM)Rob W Wrote: Here is my feed back on this razor. The razors I have been using for most of my shaves of late are the Wolfman SB SS with a Darwin handle(85gm) and the Asylum Evolution DE(77gm). The Paradigm Ti is 68gm but seems like it feels lighter than that compared to the other two razors. For me this razor is more aggressive than the Wolfman but also as smooth as both razors. My shave ended up being 2 passes with some small touch up. I wish I had a Wolfman Ti to compare it with, but that is one razor I have not been able to get so far. After one shave, I am very pleased with this razor. I am not sure it will displace the Wolfman SB as my current go to razor but after some more shaves time will tell.
Thanks for the review. The SS wolfman is about $250. This razor is still $150 more. For that I would want at least a better shave from the paradigm to justify the extra cost even though it is Ti. But for those who do choose to spend $400 Good for them and let them enjoy their purchase. It is wonderful to have choices.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

19 571
 04-27-2017, 07:57 AM
User Info
Received mine today.  Guess what razor will be used for today's shave?   Angel

73 4,269
 04-27-2017, 08:16 AM
  • bullgoose
  • The Enabler
  • Redondo Beach, California, U.S.A
User Info
(04-27-2017, 07:57 AM)TexBilly Wrote: Received mine today.  Guess what razor will be used for today's shave?   Angel

Biggrin  Excellent!

46 18,076
 04-27-2017, 09:45 AM
  • motto
  • Copenhagen, Denmark
User Info
On its trip from the US to Denmark my Paradigm Razor has past the big pot and made it to Amsterdam. When it comes to Copenhagen, Customs will take some time (and cost some money) but I am really looking forward to get my hands on this one. In the meantime, I am reading your reviews with interest so please keep sharing your impressions here, gents.
Best Regards
Marco

7 196