05-08-2017, 01:59 PM
User Info
Definitely looking forward to your thoughts Matt.

41 5,113
 05-08-2017, 02:14 PM
User Info
Mine arrived as well.  The scent reminds me of YSL Rive Gauche, which is to say it smells FANTASTIC.  Happy shaving later this evening.  Biggrin

73 3,969
 05-08-2017, 02:54 PM
  • Nero
  • Saving Through Spending More
  • le montagne
User Info
(05-08-2017, 02:14 PM)TexBilly Wrote: Mine arrived as well.  The scent reminds me of YSL Rive Gauche, which is to say it smells FANTASTIC.  Happy shaving later this . evening.  Biggrin

I haven't sniffed it, but I know Rive Gauche is supposed to be in the same vein.
Fantastic, in any event, is correct!

55 2,418
 05-08-2017, 02:58 PM
  • Nero
  • Saving Through Spending More
  • le montagne
User Info
I am shocked Ravi hasn't been in the conversation thus far.

55 2,418
 05-08-2017, 04:54 PM
User Info
OK, first shave with Royal Fougere is in and I am impressed on multiple levels.

As mentioned, the scent is wonderful - I'd be content just sniffing it for a while - and I can't imagine anyone not enjoying it.  The soap practically loaded itself onto my Shavemac Silvertip 2-band.  So quickly so, I had to force myself to load as long as I normally do.  Thick, creamy lather that really didn't need to be built once I began face lathering.  The lather was plenty slick, VERY cushioning and could have lasted for 6 passes (but I stopped at three).  Post-shave properties seem very nice - especially since I normally shave with two passes.  I finished off the shave with German Pitralon and, yep, YSL Rive Gauche EdT.

Fantastic job, Phil!  This is a big winner and I can't wait to try my Vetiver Bourbon as well.  Gents, you need to get this.

73 3,969
 05-08-2017, 06:17 PM
User Info
(05-08-2017, 04:54 PM)TexBilly Wrote: OK, first shave with Royal Fougere is in and I am impressed on multiple levels.

As mentioned, the scent is wonderful - I'd be content just sniffing it for a while - and I can't imagine anyone not enjoying it.  The soap practically loaded itself onto my Shavemac Silvertip 2-band.  So quickly so, I had to force myself to load as long as I normally do.  Thick, creamy lather that really didn't need to be built once I began face lathering.  The lather was plenty slick, VERY cushioning and could have lasted for 6 passes (but I stopped at three).  Post-shave properties seem very nice - especially since I normally shave with two passes.  I finished off the shave with German Pitralon and, yep, YSL Rive Gauche EdT.

Fantastic job, Phil!  This is a big winner and I can't wait to try my Vetiver Bourbon as well.  Gents, you need to get this.

Billy, I haven't tried this scent but I have used the Asylum Frankincense & Myrrh extensively.  I agree with your assessment of the performance of the soap.

41 5,113
 05-09-2017, 12:35 PM
User Info
Royal Fougere and Vetiver Bourbon are on the way!

13 968
 05-13-2017, 09:59 AM
  • YomD
  • France
User Info
(05-08-2017, 04:54 PM)TexBilly Wrote: OK, first shave with Royal Fougere is in and I am impressed on multiple levels.

First try today and same feelings!
The scent is wonderful and the performance is very high!
It's my first Asylum and definitely not the last!
Congrats Phil

12 78
 05-13-2017, 04:54 PM
  • bullgoose
  • The Enabler
  • Redondo Beach, California, U.S.A
User Info
(05-13-2017, 09:59 AM)YomD Wrote:

First try today and same feelings!
The scent is wonderful and the performance is very high!
It's my first Asylum and definitely not the last!
Congrats Phil

Thank you YomD. I am glad that it reached you safely and that you are enjoying it.

45 17,748
 05-18-2017, 05:34 PM
User Info
Received Royal Fougere today.  I haven't used it yet, but the scent is indeed an excellent interpretation of Trumper Wild Fern and Penhaligon's English Fern.  A definite winner for Asylum.

41 5,113
 06-09-2017, 06:15 AM
  • YomD
  • France
User Info
I've received the AS today and the scent is very very close to the soap! This scent is definitely my favorite one with the original English Fern!
Thanks Phil for creating such amazing product!
My software acquisition disorder is gone :-)

12 78
 06-09-2017, 07:16 AM
  • bullgoose
  • The Enabler
  • Redondo Beach, California, U.S.A
User Info
(06-09-2017, 06:15 AM)YomD Wrote: I've received the AS today and the scent is very very close to the soap! This scent is definitely my favorite one with the original English Fern!
Thanks Phil for creating such amazing product!
My software acquisition disorder is gone :-)

Excellent! Biggrin  I am glad to hear it.

45 17,748