05-23-2017, 05:56 AM
User Info
(05-23-2017, 05:54 AM)TheLegalRazor Wrote:
(05-23-2017, 05:01 AM)jfim88 Wrote: First shave here today!

[Image: 514cad346198ca139a93041c905b3b7f.jpg]

Very good shaver. It's very smooth and comfortable but efficient. Pretty similar to my two WR1 in 0.67.

Guerrilla is a good addition.

Nice picture Jose!

Thanks you Ricardo!

3 1,010
 05-23-2017, 08:28 PM
  • greyhawk
  • Southern California
User Info
I shaved with mine twice and ended up passing it on to someone else.
Positives for me: great finish, very comfortable and close shave, liked the geometry, good blade feel, easy to clean (I disassemble and wipe down carefully after each shave), liked the thick handle.
Negatives: handle too short and slick.
Bottom line: I have a ton of great razors and, as good a shaver as it is, it didn't crack my rotation.

60 843
 05-24-2017, 03:25 AM
User Info
I emailed James 2 weeks ago and haven't heard anything yet. How long has it taken some of you guys to hear back from him?

7 148
 05-24-2017, 05:05 AM
User Info
I've had 2 shaves so far with the Guerrilla razor using a Shark super chrome blade and it is a powerful whisker whacker yet smooth as silk.  I love this razor!!  The only negatives I see are that the posts are shallow so there is no room for shims if you want to shim it and the handle is a bit fat and squat, but I like it anyway.   A very efficient shaver I would place more towards medium aggressive than mild, which is perfect for my coarse beard. Great job James!

1 72
 05-24-2017, 05:36 AM
  • ARGH
  • Boston, MA
User Info
(05-24-2017, 03:25 AM)Paperboy35 Wrote: I emailed James 2 weeks ago and haven't heard anything yet. How long has it taken some of you guys to hear back from him?

15 days for me - I emailed James on May 8 and just yesterday received his reply and an invoice shortly thereafter.

111 1,393
 05-24-2017, 05:45 AM
User Info
1st shave in the books since receiving this 2 weeks ago. Phenomenal shaver, extremely smooth and almost effortless. IMO this is smoother than his other wolf man products. The razor doesn't clog up very easily which is very nice and is just smooth as butter. My chin takes a bit more blade buffing than the s2 I've been using lately, but the finish shave is BBS and very irritation free. The posts really lock in the blade nicely, and there's a very minute learning curve to assembling the razor, but its not a terrible inconvenience. You can still loosen the handle and rinse out the razor without complete disassembly. I didnt think I'd like the handle but I really do. Its very well balanced, I really love the dimples James uses on the end of the handle for my pinky and the lack of knurling doesn't effect me at all. When wet the handle almost gets a grippy feel to it, I'm assuming this is due to the machined finish. The girth of the handle is also quite nice and the first I've had of this size besides a ti jurgen he mp el. 

Overall the razor is a complete winner. I'm fully satisfied with my purchase whether this becomes another wolf man unobtanium or just a regular stocked item.

Edit: fit and finish on the razor reminds you this is a wolfman product. The only difference is the lack of removing the machine marks, big deal. Gorgeous piece of equipment

26 753
 05-24-2017, 06:39 AM
  • garyg
  • Great Lakes
User Info
(05-24-2017, 03:25 AM)Paperboy35 Wrote: I emailed James 2 weeks ago and haven't heard anything yet. How long has it taken some of you guys to hear back from him?

I wrote on May 5, received his email asking if I wanted one on the 17th.  James mailed it that same day after I had paid.  The razor arrived US Customs Chicago on the 22nd, cleared customs this morning (24th) and into the USPS system with an estimated delivery on the 27th, though I'm hoping for Friday.

42 456
 05-24-2017, 06:44 AM
User Info
(05-24-2017, 05:45 AM)Safelysimpson Wrote: 1st shave in the books since receiving this 2 weeks ago. Phenomenal shaver, extremely smooth and almost effortless. IMO this is smoother than his other wolf man products. The razor doesn't clog up very easily which is very nice and is just smooth as butter. My chin takes a bit more blade buffing than the s2 I've been using lately, but the finish shave is BBS and very irritation free. The posts really lock in the blade nicely, and there's a very minute learning curve to assembling the razor, but its not a terrible inconvenience. You can still loosen the handle and rinse out the razor without complete disassembly. I didnt think I'd like the handle but I really do. Its very well balanced, I really love the dimples James uses on the end of the handle for my pinky and the lack of knurling doesn't effect me at all. When wet the handle almost gets a grippy feel to it, I'm assuming this is due to the machined finish. The girth of the handle is also quite nice and the first I've had of this size besides a ti jurgen he mp el. 

Overall the razor is a complete winner. I'm fully satisfied with my purchase whether this becomes another wolf man unobtanium or just a regular stocked item.

Edit: fit and finish on the razor reminds you this is a wolfman product. The only difference is the lack of removing the machine marks, big deal. Gorgeous piece of equipment

Dustin, I feel the same way about the Guerrilla.

16 603
 05-24-2017, 07:20 AM
User Info
(05-24-2017, 06:44 AM)chiefthunder Wrote:
(05-24-2017, 05:45 AM)Safelysimpson Wrote: 1st shave in the books since receiving this 2 weeks ago. Phenomenal shaver, extremely smooth and almost effortless. IMO this is smoother than his other wolf man products. The razor doesn't clog up very easily which is very nice and is just smooth as butter. My chin takes a bit more blade buffing than the s2 I've been using lately, but the finish shave is BBS and very irritation free. The posts really lock in the blade nicely, and there's a very minute learning curve to assembling the razor, but its not a terrible inconvenience. You can still loosen the handle and rinse out the razor without complete disassembly. I didnt think I'd like the handle but I really do. Its very well balanced, I really love the dimples James uses on the end of the handle for my pinky and the lack of knurling doesn't effect me at all. When wet the handle almost gets a grippy feel to it, I'm assuming this is due to the machined finish. The girth of the handle is also quite nice and the first I've had of this size besides a ti jurgen he mp el. 

Dustin, I feel the same way about the Guerrilla.

Happy to hear, Jorge, its a wonderful piece and a great way for everybody to try James' razors. Congrats again on the wedding and wonderful groomsman gifts you put together, truly epic

26 753
 05-24-2017, 08:00 AM
User Info
(05-24-2017, 05:36 AM)ARGH Wrote:

15 days for me - I emailed James on May 8 and just yesterday received his reply and an invoice shortly thereafter.

Good to know. Thanks!

7 148
 05-25-2017, 04:56 PM
User Info
Got my guerilla today. Will be using it over the weekend, let's see how it goes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10 196
 05-25-2017, 05:14 PM
User Info
Used mine for the third time today and definitely love it! I like having to change up my style with a shallower angle. Makes me feel like a very seasoned shaver! Anyway, great shave with a 2 pass BBS. Used the same wave Windrose 98mm handle today and really enjoyed that combo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 697
 05-25-2017, 06:16 PM
  • SCOV
  • Minnesota
User Info
(05-24-2017, 06:39 AM)garyg Wrote: I wrote on May 5, received his email asking if I wanted one on the 17th.  James mailed it that same day after I had paid.  The razor arrived US Customs Chicago on the 22nd, cleared customs this morning (24th) and into the USPS system with an estimated delivery on the 27th, though I'm hoping for Friday.

Do you live next door to the Chicago post office?  Mine cleared customs May 23, departed Chicago post office 4:00pm May 24, I live a 6 hour drive from Chicago in Minnesota.  Expected delivery is Tuesday May 30.

My email for the razor was May 2.  I may have been skipped as polite "add me to list" email - 2nd email May 5.  Either way, happy with the response and wait time (at least form Wolfman to Chicago)

4 258
 05-25-2017, 07:43 PM
  • garyg
  • Great Lakes
User Info
(05-25-2017, 06:16 PM)SCOV Wrote:
(05-24-2017, 06:39 AM)garyg Wrote: I wrote on May 5, received his email asking if I wanted one on the 17th.  James mailed it that same day after I had paid.  The razor arrived US Customs Chicago on the 22nd, cleared customs this morning (24th) and into the USPS system with an estimated delivery on the 27th, though I'm hoping for Friday.

Do you live next door to the Chicago post office?  Mine cleared customs May 23, departed Chicago post office 4:00pm May 24, I live a 6 hour drive from Chicago in Minnesota.  Expected delivery is Tuesday May 30.

My email for the razor was May 2.  I may have been skipped as polite "add me to list" email - 2nd email May 5.  Either way, happy with the response and wait time (at least form Wolfman to Chicago)

I'm about 4 hours east of the Windy.  Tracking says here tomorrow (it is already in the Motown this afternoon)

42 456
 05-26-2017, 03:59 AM
User Info
My reply was on the 24th, & I emailed on the 9th, so James is steadily working through all the emails.

1 151
 05-26-2017, 04:42 AM
User Info

Took 2 weeks for him to contact me.

117 12,953
 05-26-2017, 10:26 AM
User Info
Just finished shave #4 with the Guerrilla using a Gillette 7'oclock platinum(black).  Very smooth razor.  No problems with grip on the handle(but then I put my little finger under the handle to support my grip). 

The standard for a mild razor for me is the pre-war tech.  I can use any of the blades that are on the sharper side of the spectrum(nacet, feather, pol silver etc) and get a really smooth shave with it.  The new razor matches the tech in efficiency but is smoother so I really like it.  Thinking about getting one more as a spare.

0 134
 05-26-2017, 11:09 AM
User Info
I applaud James for responding to his emails, even though there might be a few hours/days/weeks response time, he still takes care of his customers. The finishes on his products are incomparable and the shaves off his razors are as smooth as butter. I respect James for his efforts and I truly can't wait to see how his business grows in a few years.

24 687
 05-31-2017, 02:28 PM
User Info
I did not care for the stock handle, but fortunately, that is a simple fix.

[Image: dCRVyaZ.jpg]
[Image: ZAXnLGG.jpg]

1 53