05-02-2017, 06:18 PM
  • Teiste
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • Salt Lake City,UT
User Info
[Image: c25013fd951427f206424bf47c62e3d3.jpg]

Slickness.Thats the word that comes to my mind when I think about this cream.Extreme slickness.

I know that some good soap artisans are working in bringing quality shaving creams to the market , and one of these is Wet Shaving Products.

[Image: ec9f2ca68f03de6a8dd6b337fedda9c6.jpg]

This cream comes in a plastic tub , with 5 oz of shaving cream on the inside.The plastic tub is much bigger than the regular WSP aluminum tins.

For many years I thought that a shaving cream was nothing more than soap which contains more water and hence that "creamy" consistency.Well , while that could be "true" , to obtain that creamy consistency is not as easy as adding more water and that's it.

This cream has the same consistency than the brand new U.K. shaving creams on a tub.Nothing more and nothing less.Im sure would get harder as the time goes by , but right now , that's it's consistency.

And making lather with it is very easy , as we would expect from a shaving cream.Here is a pic using the Semogue BC synthetic.I simply dip the brush tips on the cream :

[Image: 1032ea9e13c8bbf49a078495f18bc9e5.jpg]

And 50 seconds later , and no water added , this is the lather I got from it :

[Image: e5c835a57f02831006643a91c4c289ca.jpg]

This cream contains Argan oil and Aloe Vera (don't know the other ingredients) and have been designed to be slick.Lee , the guy behind WSP , shaves with a straight razor and he enjoys a slick , protective lather.This lather , as the good lather from shaving creams , is slick.

The "cushion" is right , not as thick as the lather from a tallow shaving soap.But , again , is designed to be slick.

Skin care properties are good.The Argan Oil creates a layer of protection that it can be noticed it.Well , I guess is the Argan Oil , since I don't know all the ingredients.But that layer of protection is there.I can compare it like the lather I get from the Alvarez Gomez shaving cream.

It's scent is more pronounced than the tallow soap version , but I must admit it's more sweet than the soap.Is not a overpower scent by any means , but you can notice it eight away when you open the lid.

The sweet note , while not feminine , is not for me.But I'm looking forward to try this cream with the Mahogany , Fougere Noir and Barbershop scent.

If you are looking for an extra slick shaving cream , this might be for you.If you are looking for a cream , U.K. style , this might be for you.

And if you don't like a slick lather or shaving creams , you still have amazing options out there.

88 7,214
 05-02-2017, 06:53 PM
  • bullgoose
  • The Enabler
  • Redondo Beach, California, U.S.A
User Info
Lee sent me a tub of this cream as well and I concur... it is good stuff!

46 18,065
 05-02-2017, 07:44 PM
User Info
I know that Lee has been working on a cream for a while.  I'm glad that this project has progressed to this point and that the results are good.  I also like that WSP has moved to larger, plastic tubs.

47 5,688
 05-02-2017, 07:44 PM
User Info
I have never tried any of Lee's products but it seems like he has time to continue trying out new things and growing his product line. Congrats to him on creating a functional shave cream. I should give him an order sometime soon!

79 1,295
 05-02-2017, 07:47 PM
User Info
(05-02-2017, 07:44 PM)zaclikestoshave Wrote: I have never tried any of Lee's products but it seems like he has time to continue trying out new things and growing his product line. Congrats to him on creating a functional shave cream. I should give him an order sometime soon!

His Formula T tallow soap base, which is also used in the Asylum line of soaps, is excellent.

47 5,688
 05-02-2017, 07:56 PM
  • bullgoose
  • The Enabler
  • Redondo Beach, California, U.S.A
User Info
(05-02-2017, 07:44 PM)TheLegalRazor Wrote: I know that Lee has been working on a cream for a while.  I'm glad that this project has progressed to this point and that the results are good.  I also like that WSP has moved to larger, plastic tubs.

Only for the creams I believe.

46 18,065
 05-02-2017, 10:53 PM
User Info
Looks like some good stuff, when will we be able to get our hands on it?

1 127
 05-03-2017, 06:47 AM
  • Mouser
  • Forest City, Florida U.S.A.
User Info
His soaps, both the veggie Rustic and the tallow Formulae "T" are very good and not just "for the money" good, but good.

7 2,279
 05-03-2017, 09:31 AM
  • Nero
  • Saving Through Spending More
  • le montagne
User Info
(05-03-2017, 06:47 AM)Mouser Wrote: His soaps, both the veggie Rustic and the tallow Formulae "T" are very good and not just "for the money" good, but good.

Agree... and under-hyped.  (referring to Formula T... and will also find out in a day regarding Rustic, being delivered today but I've already shaved)

55 2,533