05-04-2017, 05:22 AM
User Info
I'm new to wet shaving and have caught the bud. I'm now using better products and betting better therefore enjoying my new hobby.

I now have 4 brushes and I'm sure there will be others. A Simpson chubby maybe the next one if anyone is selling? Anyway could anyone recommend and brush stands for 4 plus brushes.

I'm based in the U.K.

1 2
 05-04-2017, 05:43 AM
User Info
You may want to  consider whether to get a brush stand.  It's not really necessary.  After thoroughly rinsing your brush, gently shake out any excess water and strop the brush on a towel a few times. Then stand the brush to air dry.

50 5,907
 05-04-2017, 08:13 AM
User Info
While you don't need a brush stand to dry brushes you might want to to store / display them. Take a look on etsy, I've seen several multi brush stands on there.

2 38
 05-04-2017, 04:46 PM
User Info
I think Triton Chicago has a 4 brush stand. I don't own it, so can't tell you much about it. That said, I am pretty sure I have seen one in their line, but I am not sure of the availability for someone in the U.K. I think their line is carried at Q Brothers, so you may want to check out their website.

0 1
 05-04-2017, 05:29 PM
User Info
Some brush makers recommend hanging the brush for drying. I've been hanging mine the 40+ years I've been using shaving brushes. I have 2 individual stands. One for a larger knot, one for a smaller knot. After rinsing and shaking out the brush I hang it overnight, then select a different one from the herd the following day, and stand yesterdays on end. So though I have a dozen brushes, I only need two stands to take proper care of the herd. Not necessarily the 'right' way, but it is my way.  Smile

7 233
 05-04-2017, 08:35 PM
User Info
I would recommend not getting a brush stand. Now you won't see me fight tooth and nail on this topic and I don't think anything less of the people who tell you to get a brush stand. I will give you a couple thoughts and suggestions on brush care. One of my most expensive brushes and new favorites came with a brush stand. It is actually really cool and yes I do use it. 

BUT, the brush stand has no effect on how well my brush is maintained. (1) Don't soak your knot it overly hot water even though you can break this rule Wink (2) do a very thorough rinse so no soap resides in the knot base or at the tips (3) whip out or towel dry your knot so you rid the knot of excess water.

If I do those 3 things, my brush should be pretty good. If I flip my brush over and hang after the 3 steps above, I don't get much benefit. I am not saying it is useless but I am simply saying I could burn the knot hair, leave soap in the knot, and let the brush rest sopping wet, and flipping it upside down wouldn't really address those concerns.

At the end of the day, I think most brush stands will fit between the knot and handle. Sometimes you are lucky and can get a handle to fit into the stand so it doesn't touch the hair. Or a handle that is so thick such as a Chubby 2 or 3 may require a special (wider) opening for a stand.

Most importantly, get what you want and what you think you will use. Nothing worse than buying something that you think you will like and you actually never even use it and confirm if it works.

79 1,316