05-04-2017, 07:05 PM
  • Nero
  • ACV is my new BFF
  • le montagne
User Info
[Image: a99197e3fe925b82af71929a816b55a2.jpg]

What an incredible "shaving scent"! It's a very close copy of Creed GIT. I actually like this better as a shave soap scent than as an EdT scent. This might just be my favorite scent in any shave product.

Performance is literally as good as anything I've used.
Comfortable shave is an understatement.
Quick and easy to find the perfect balanced lather (protection and slickness in abundance).
Post-shave is flawless in feel and look.

Gaelic Tweed in Formula T shot right up to the top.

Haven't used the Sandalwood or the Bay Rum that I also just received, but I am really impressed with these scents, as well...
Sandalwood is woody like a lumber yard, not floral. Clearly masculine and dry in a cedar kind of way. No cinnamon/spice vibe. Wood.
Bay Rum is a classic spicy bay rum, very similar to Al's Calypso from my memory.

I'm excited to lather both of these up.

62 3,011
 05-05-2017, 02:01 AM
User Info
Thanks for the write-up Matt.  I think the performance of the WSP Formula T tallow base is underrated.

51 6,435
 05-05-2017, 04:38 AM
  • Mouser
  • Forest City, Florida U.S.A.
User Info
(05-05-2017, 02:01 AM)TheLegalRazor Wrote: Thanks for the write-up Matt.  I think the performance of the WSP Formula T tallow base is underrated.

I think both the "T" and the veggie "Rustic" are under-rated both in performance and fragrances. However I have the Gaelic Tweed in the Rustic version and while a very nice scent I don't like it as well as a few others like Mahogany and Tobacco to name two. Perhaps the "T" version is closer to Creed's.

7 2,360
 05-05-2017, 11:38 AM
  • Nero
  • ACV is my new BFF
  • le montagne
User Info
(05-05-2017, 04:38 AM)Mouser Wrote:
(05-05-2017, 02:01 AM)TheLegalRazor Wrote: Thanks for the write-up Matt.  I think the performance of the WSP Formula T tallow base is underrated.

I think both the "T" and the veggie "Rustic" are under-rated both in performance and fragrances. However I have the Gaelic Tweed in the Rustic version and while a very nice scent I don't like it as well as a few others like Mahogany and Tobacco to name two. Perhaps the "T" version is closer to Creed's.

I can't say whether there are variations in scent between the tallow and vegan versions of the same named scent.
But I can say I find the Gaelic Tweed much nicer than the Tobacco in the Formula T (current/recent batches). Not in the same universe, for me.
Not only a better scent overall, but a better "shaving scent".

And yes, I really find the Gaelic Tweed (tallow) very close to the real GIT. (I have not tried the vegan version of this scent.)

62 3,011
 05-06-2017, 05:04 AM
  • Mouser
  • Forest City, Florida U.S.A.
User Info
Having taken a whiff of my cousins Rustic Gaelic Tweed last night I think I got either a bad batch or just something went wrong with my particular puck.  His does smell noticeably different,  better. Mine has a soapy "bar of soap" bent to it. He has the Creed too and its very close.

7 2,360
 05-06-2017, 07:17 AM
  • Nero
  • ACV is my new BFF
  • le montagne
User Info
Nice! I was hoping just a batch/puck variation. If I remember correctly, WSP has a really excellent return policy and if you have any complaints whatsoever they will let you return for exchange or get full refund. Check it out on their page.
It would be very worth it to get a "correct" unit of this soap.

62 3,011
 05-06-2017, 08:34 AM
User Info
I had the sample of the vegan version.  Very nice scent and top notch performance.

0 207
 05-06-2017, 11:09 AM
User Info
Take a look at the Gaelic Tweed Splash,the scent is just as good as the soap and lasts throughout the day. If that's your thing.

0 30
 05-06-2017, 06:12 PM
  • Nero
  • ACV is my new BFF
  • le montagne
User Info
(05-06-2017, 11:09 AM)wetfred Wrote: Take a look at the Gaelic Tweed Splash,the scent is just as good as the soap and lasts throughout the day. If that's your thing.

If I used aftershave at all, I certainly would do as you say. But I literally do not ever use them.

62 3,011