05-05-2017, 07:58 AM
User Info
I stumbled across this small jar at Pasteur Pharmacy this week. I can't tell you what drew me to it. I smelled 4 or 5 of these little jars. Forth & Pine piqued my interest. I had never heard of the brand or an aftershave salve but I liked the ingredients :

Shea butter, witch hazel, avocado and coconut oils, aloe vera, lanolin and a few others.

For $10 I thought it was worth a try.

Used it for the first time this morning. Incredibly moisturizing. I don't really need extra moisture but this doesn't hurt. Very healing and I'm really digging the scent. So much so I just purchased the post shave toner in the fourth and pine fragrance. Their website sites fragrance notes of neroli, lemon, bergamot, lavender, orange, petitgrain, grapefruit and yuzu.

Wanted to share. I now see a little dialog on TSN about this brand but I thought it worth a post.

[Image: 057fe0fa42a0424e01597b3f1b600dcd.jpg][Image: b3fee1fe3414341708dd918d55e67ebc.jpg]

22 131
 05-05-2017, 09:32 AM
User Info
Fantastic company, check out their preshave butter.

2 38
 05-05-2017, 01:35 PM
  • hawns
  • St. Louis, Missouri
User Info
Thanks, Jackson, glad you enjoyed my post-shave salve! It was designed to be hyper-nourishing and for a little bit to go a long way, because I know we all have crowded shaving dens, and the less shelf space a product would take up, the better. 

Also, I can't wait until I finally make it up to NYC and visit Pasteur Pharmacy. Jared and Leon have been nothing but amazing and I'd love to meet them in person!

0 10
 05-05-2017, 02:31 PM
User Info
(05-05-2017, 01:35 PM)hawns Wrote: Thanks, Jackson, glad you enjoyed my post-shave salve! It was designed to be hyper-nourishing and for a little bit to go a long way, because I know we all have crowded shaving dens, and the less shelf space a product would take up, the better. 

Also, I can't wait until I finally make it up to NYC and visit Pasteur Pharmacy. Jared and Leon have been nothing but amazing and I'd love to meet them in person!
Looking forward to when your pre-shave is back in stock. Best of luck with your business!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

22 131
 05-06-2017, 06:03 AM
User Info
(05-05-2017, 01:35 PM)hawns Wrote: Thanks, Jackson, glad you enjoyed my post-shave salve! It was designed to be hyper-nourishing and for a little bit to go a long way, because I know we all have crowded shaving dens, and the less shelf space a product would take up, the better. 

Shawn, I didn't know you were a member here.  Best wishes for your upcoming second anniversary.   I do agree that Pasteur has been amazing in its support of artisans.

51 6,441
 05-06-2017, 08:04 AM
  • hawns
  • St. Louis, Missouri
User Info
(05-06-2017, 06:03 AM)TheLegalRazor Wrote:

Shawn, I didn't know you were a member here.  Best wishes for your upcoming second anniversary.   I do agree that Pasteur has been amazing in its support of artisans.

Thank you! I've been trying to make it a point to visit here more often. I appreciate the well wishes. Time really does fly by!

0 10
 05-06-2017, 12:43 PM
  • Tokyospike
  • Artist's Club Recruiter
  • New York City
User Info
I have been using the Champs Lalande flavor of this product for months, and it is exquisite. Shea butter and aloe are a brilliant combination. I use this whenever I go with my lavender soaps and splashes, but I also reach for it whenever I have a noticeably rough shave. As an actual 'salve' there is no better product I've used or heard of.

0 107
 05-06-2017, 01:03 PM
  • pbrmhl
  • Seattle
User Info
Somehow I've acquired five bottles of CL aftershave over the last month or so. Love the stuff. It's so moisturizing, my face feels somewhat sticky (but pleasant) after using it. I can't imagine using a CL product that didn't have a healthy quantity of alcohol. This salve stuff must be crazy sticky on a face like mine.

6 388
 05-07-2017, 10:03 AM
  • hawns
  • St. Louis, Missouri
User Info
(05-06-2017, 01:03 PM)pbrmhl Wrote: Somehow I've acquired five bottles of CL aftershave over the last month or so. Love the stuff. It's so moisturizing, my face feels somewhat sticky (but pleasant) after using it. I can't imagine using a CL product that didn't have a healthy quantity of alcohol. This salve stuff must be crazy sticky on a face like mine.

You might try using a little less and applying it to your face while it's still slightly damp. Doing those things helps many people out.

0 10
 05-07-2017, 10:22 AM
User Info
(05-06-2017, 01:03 PM)pbrmhl Wrote: Somehow I've acquired five bottles of CL aftershave over the last month or so. Love the stuff. It's so moisturizing, my face feels somewhat sticky (but pleasant) after using it. I can't imagine using a CL product that didn't have a healthy quantity of alcohol. This salve stuff must be crazy sticky on a face like mine.

Actually, it's not sticky at all, but more on the greasy/oily side, if you use too much.

For what it's worth: I put a significant amount of water on my face, then add an approximate 1/4 almond-sized amount of the salve creating a watery-like, oil slick. I then rub it in for a good minute or so, so it spreads and thickens a little. This pretty much eliminates the oily nature of the salve.

CL salves are nuclear-powered.

0 122
 05-07-2017, 11:12 AM
  • pbrmhl
  • Seattle
User Info
(05-07-2017, 10:03 AM)hawns Wrote:

You might try using a little less and applying it to your face while it's still slightly damp. Doing those things helps many people out.

I tried that, Shawn, but have found I like the touch of stickiness. Don't get me wrong--I love the aftershave. Chatillon Lux has nosed past Wm Neumann as my favorite family of aftershaves. I never thought that could happen, and I still love Wm Neumann splashes. And you can quote me on that.

6 388
 05-08-2017, 10:32 AM
  • hawns
  • St. Louis, Missouri
User Info
(05-07-2017, 11:12 AM)pbrmhl Wrote:
(05-07-2017, 10:03 AM)hawns Wrote:

I tried that, Shawn, but have found I like the touch of stickiness. Don't get me wrong--I love the aftershave. Chatillon Lux has nosed past Wm Neumann as my favorite family of aftershaves. I never thought that could happen, and I still love Wm Neumann splashes. And you can quote me on that.

Awesome! Well if you're enjoying it, then do whatever you want, haha. That's the only thing that matters in the end!

0 10
 05-08-2017, 11:10 AM
User Info
I have somewhat oily skin so I found the CL toners and salves too moisturizing. But, the aftershave hits the sweet spot, just perfect. I also like how complex the scents are.

2 38