06-22-2017, 07:18 PM
User Info
I bought a stainless version lightly used and have been very pleased with it. I have a pretty good sized rotation so I've only shaved with it four times, but each has been better than the previous one. I suppose getting used to it. I liked it well enough that I went to Bullgoose to copy and paste a link to a friend only to find that all of them, the stainless, black oxide, and the brass are gone. I suppose the moral to that story is if you get the opportunity to pick up a limited run razor don't beat around the bush, it may be later than you think. Thanks for the comprehensive review Charlie !

7 236
 06-22-2017, 09:17 PM
  • bullgoose
  • The Enabler
  • Redondo Beach, California, U.S.A
User Info
@ Charlie -I am glad that the razor is working well for you. Thank you for taking the time to write the extensive review and thanks again for your business.

@ JimmyH -I am glad that you like the razor well enough to recommend it to a friend. The Machine shop is working on another batch and I should have stock in a week to ten days. Thanks again for your business.

46 18,513
 07-08-2017, 03:50 PM
  • chazt
  • Bayside, NY
User Info
I've used the Evolution almost exclusively since my last post, save for 2 shaves with a prewar Tech, 1 with a Red Tip and 2 with a Merkur. I've continued to learn about and appreciate what a great shaver the Evolution is. For instance, it's the best under-the-nose DE razor I've used. It's easy to maneuver, and because I get BBS shaves with 2 passes, there's no irritation whatsoever. Also, my brief experience so far seems to indicate that this razor gives smoother first pass shaves with sharper blades like Med Preps, 7:00 Yellows and GSBs. Second passes don't seem to be as dependent upon blade choice for achieving smoothosity. I saw in an email from BG that the new batch due soon has a slightly redesigned base plate. It'd be interesting to compare them.

7 2,300
 10-22-2017, 12:32 PM
  • chazt
  • Bayside, NY
User Info
I love this razor. It's without a doubt, my best shave tool. I still do every so often give the old Tech and Red Tip a whirl, but THIS IS MY RAZOR. Everything about it suits me. The most important thing obviously being the quality of my shaves. The efficiency and aggression level are perfect for my beard and skin. The size, fit & finish, heft, maneuverability, right down to the looks of it, is just right for me. Tonight just for fun I'm breaking out the brass XL. It's a beauty as well, but has a different feel overall - weight and balance to be specific. The kinesthetic part of my brain-hand prefers the smaller black oxide Evolution. I am simply crazy about this Asylum razor!

7 2,300