06-22-2017, 07:18 PM
User Info
I bought a stainless version lightly used and have been very pleased with it. I have a pretty good sized rotation so I've only shaved with it four times, but each has been better than the previous one. I suppose getting used to it. I liked it well enough that I went to Bullgoose to copy and paste a link to a friend only to find that all of them, the stainless, black oxide, and the brass are gone. I suppose the moral to that story is if you get the opportunity to pick up a limited run razor don't beat around the bush, it may be later than you think. Thanks for the comprehensive review Charlie !

6 187
 06-22-2017, 09:17 PM
  • bullgoose
  • The Enabler
  • Redondo Beach, California, U.S.A
User Info
@ Charlie -I am glad that the razor is working well for you. Thank you for taking the time to write the extensive review and thanks again for your business.

@ JimmyH -I am glad that you like the razor well enough to recommend it to a friend. The Machine shop is working on another batch and I should have stock in a week to ten days. Thanks again for your business.

45 17,971
 07-08-2017, 03:50 PM
  • chazt
  • Bayside, NY
User Info
I've used the Evolution almost exclusively since my last post, save for 2 shaves with a prewar Tech, 1 with a Red Tip and 2 with a Merkur. I've continued to learn about and appreciate what a great shaver the Evolution is. For instance, it's the best under-the-nose DE razor I've used. It's easy to maneuver, and because I get BBS shaves with 2 passes, there's no irritation whatsoever. Also, my brief experience so far seems to indicate that this razor gives smoother first pass shaves with sharper blades like Med Preps, 7:00 Yellows and GSBs. Second passes don't seem to be as dependent upon blade choice for achieving smoothosity. I saw in an email from BG that the new batch due soon has a slightly redesigned base plate. It'd be interesting to compare them.

4 1,815