05-10-2017, 06:11 PM
  • Quando
  • Banned
  • Somewhere far-away, from Home
User Info
What are some opinions, on these shaving razors?  I have decided to get one, as, I am sure they are more available than the GEM style razors, and, would be easier to use, for night shaving.  

Basically, I want a different shaving system for when I go out at night, as opposed to early in the morning.  In the morning, I use brush, soap, and, traditional cream.  But, that takes too long, at night; it is too much to do.  So, I have decided on canned foam (!!), and, an injector style razor, since that seems like it would be the quickest way to shave.

1 589
 05-10-2017, 06:29 PM
User Info
injector,gem or DE shave speed is the same. Canned foam is miles behind a decent soap. Don't expect canned foam + injector razor = faster shave

0 212
 05-11-2017, 03:40 AM
User Info
To not answer your original question, I think using a DE is faster than any single edge razor. Obviously a DE has two sides, making it twice as long until you need to rinse them. I shave pretty fast, both overall time wise, and in the actual shaving motion, but I've never found that my injectors shave any quicker than my DEs.

To answer your question, any injector is great! I like the "I" versions but mainly for aesthetic reasons. There are variations on aggressiveness but not nearly as wide as DEs.

To me the advantage that injectors have (if there is any actual advantage) is in the blade itself. It is a thicker and longer-lasting blade than a DE blade.

84 1,505
 05-11-2017, 09:13 PM
User Info
Get yourself a Razorock Hawk. The wider Artist Club style blade requires fewer strokes, thereby reducing shaving time. Not by a lot (there are only a few areas where the full blade width may be utilized), but I find it to be noticeable.

I mention the Hawk over other AC razors because it is a mild shaver - more forgiving when you're trying to shave fast.

I don't think that an injector would be any faster than a DE or Gem style SE, as the blade widths are all the same. However, if you want an injector I'd go with an I or L. Again, these are some of the milder injectors and would be more forgiving when trying to rush the shave.

I'm not a fan of canned goo. When I'm in a hurry I use a tube of shaving cream (I normally use soaps). With the cream I can work up a lather quickly and still enjoy a first class shave.

--Bob

0 185
 05-12-2017, 04:10 AM
User Info
(05-11-2017, 09:13 PM)spidey9 Wrote: I'm not a fan of canned goo. When I'm in a hurry I use a tube of shaving cream (I normally use soaps). With the cream I can work up a lather quickly and still enjoy a first class shave.

This is something I've long wrote about. Every tube of cream can be used brushless and in my opinion does just as good or better than a can of foam or gel.

84 1,505
 05-12-2017, 04:29 AM
  • Quando
  • Banned
User Info
(05-12-2017, 04:10 AM)jpakstis Wrote:
(05-11-2017, 09:13 PM)spidey9 Wrote: I'm not a fan of canned goo. When I'm in a hurry I use a tube of shaving cream (I normally use soaps). With the cream I can work up a lather quickly and still enjoy a first class shave.

This is something I've long wrote about.  Every tube of cream can be used brushless and in my opinion does just as good or better than a can of foam or gel.

I might look into this.

I really thought the canned foam would be faster, one, and, two, I would like to use, my brush, only once per day.  I also view the injector blades as "going with" the canned foam.  Especially, for travel.   

But, this is for shaving, before going out, for the evening.   In the morning, I do the traditional thing, but, I want to be out of the bathroom as quickly as possible, when going out, for the evening.

1 589
 05-12-2017, 04:47 AM
User Info
(05-12-2017, 04:29 AM)Quando Wrote:
(05-12-2017, 04:10 AM)jpakstis Wrote:

This is something I've long wrote about.  Every tube of cream can be used brushless and in my opinion does just as good or better than a can of foam or gel.

I might look into this.

I really thought the canned foam would be faster, one, and, two, I would like to use, my brush, only once per day.  I also view the injector blades as "going with" the canned foam.  Especially, for travel.   

But, this is for shaving, before going out, for the evening.   In the morning, I do the traditional thing, but, I want to be out of the bathroom as quickly as possible, when going out, for the evening.
dear quando;

problem solved!  get another brush! jeje...

caned foam is propelled out by propane gas.  that is not good for your skin.

nothing you do in a hurry is any good.  and i am not talking only about women! jeje... speed is an anathema of traditional wet shaving. start earlier.  

as with music, its not the instrument, its the musican!  practically every safety razor will perform, with the right blade and the right technique!.  concentrate in the later.

you want to get a good single?  Asylum Rx!

0 479
 05-12-2017, 07:35 PM
  • Quando
  • Banned
User Info
(05-12-2017, 04:47 AM)carlospppena Wrote:
(05-12-2017, 04:29 AM)Quando Wrote:
(05-12-2017, 04:10 AM)jpakstis Wrote: This is something I've long wrote about.  Every tube of cream can be used brushless and in my opinion does just as good or better than a can of foam or gel.

I might look into this.

dear quando;

nothing you do in a hurry is any good.  and i am not talking only about women! jeje... speed is an anathema of traditional wet shaving. start earlier.  

as with music, its not the instrument, its the musican!  practically every safety razor will perform, with the right blade and the right technique!.  concentrate in the later.

I wanted the extra razor, just to have another razor.

I ended up going with another brush. LOL.    You called it, my friend. 

So, now, I have a badger brush for the mornings, and, a boar hair brush, for the evenings.  

I really dislike screw-top razors, for some reason.  For me, I like the butterfly/TTO/injector ones.  I found a handle on Amazon.com, but, I think I will just stick with the Double Edge, for now, at least.

1 589
 05-12-2017, 09:26 PM
User Info
(05-12-2017, 07:35 PM)Quando Wrote:
(05-12-2017, 04:47 AM)carlospppena Wrote:
(05-12-2017, 04:29 AM)Quando Wrote: I might look into this.

dear quando;

I wanted the extra razor, just to have another razor.

I ended up going with another brush. LOL.    You called it, my friend. 

So, now, I have a badger brush for the mornings, and, a boar hair brush, for the evenings.  

I really dislike screw-top razors, for some reason.  For me, I like the butterfly/TTO/injector ones.  I found a handle on Amazon.com, but, I think I will just stick with the Double Edge, for now, at least.

Dear Quando;

I am really happy that you got a second brush.

Best regards,

Pepe Peña

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 479
 05-14-2017, 12:43 AM
  • Quando
  • Banned
User Info
LOL, thanks man.  

I am actually going to use the boar brush, first, this morning.   Smile

1 589
 05-14-2017, 03:33 AM
User Info
(05-14-2017, 12:43 AM)Quando Wrote: LOL, thanks man.  

I am actually going to use the boar brush, first, this morning.   Smile

Good decision to go with a boar. I have a pretty small collection of brushes including Shavemac, Thater, Simpsons synth etc etc. Proraso boar is my top favorite still and my go to brush.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 850