07-26-2017, 06:40 AM
User Info
(05-11-2017, 05:37 PM)Nero Wrote: Unfortunately, TOBS discontinued their "Shaving Shop" scent which was their best scent by far (IMO), and a rightful bearer of its name.

Still, if we consider Blenheim Bouquet a barbershop scent (and we should, it's basically citrus and musk with a BEAUTIFUL evergreen note (pine, IIRC)), then we still have a WONDERFUL scent and performer in a cream. (And I should mention, it is even much better in scent and performance than the TOBS Shaving Shop, above.)
They re-released it recently.  I actually just saw a few tubs at The Old Town Shaving Company when we visited a couple of weeks ago.

(05-13-2017, 01:01 PM)Teiste Wrote: WSP have recently released a new shaving cream : Barbershop.I love its scent.Should write about it soon.Slicker than slick.
TOBS Jermyn Street actually smells very similar to WSP Barbershop to my nose.  Lighter in scent strength, but the scent itself is very similar.

1 296
 07-26-2017, 08:54 AM
User Info
I've been going to (U.S.) barbershops since I was a kid and I think every single one of them had Clubman products.  I can't think of any place that didn't, except the ones where I wasn't paying attention.  So I guess there are two questions here: (1) what is the prototypical barbershop scent?  or (2) what is the scent you most associate with barbershops?  I also remember the smell of smoke and leather (and an air conditioner on full blast).  And Clubman.

84 1,505