05-11-2017, 05:51 PM
User Info
Confession time.

Been off leaded coffee now for years.  Used to think why would anyone drink decaf.  The obvious answer when you get to that place is because we love coffee, duh!

Sweet Maria's green beans weaned me off caffeine and has kept the love afloat for over a decade.

Anyone else off leaded coffee and ok with Decaf.

What has the flavour that makes it worthwhile for you?  Green beans or roasted I'd like to know what decaf you find is good.

Thanks

1 82
 05-11-2017, 05:57 PM
User Info
I drink a half decaf blend, espresso mostly, sometimes aeropress.   The decaf from cafe lusso and redbird are my regular beans. Very good blended with caf  and on their own as well.

13 1,086
 05-11-2017, 06:02 PM
  • Barrylu
  • Portland OR
User Info
I don't particularly like decaf. But I enjoy the challenge of roasting decaf. I roast it for my brother. The only decaf worth anything is the organic washed process decaf selected by Tom at SM.

67 1,032
 05-11-2017, 06:31 PM
User Info
(05-11-2017, 05:57 PM)wreck | fish Wrote: I drink a half decaf blend, espresso mostly, sometimes aeropress.   The decaf from cafe lusso and redbird are my regular beans. Very good blended with caf  and on their own as well.

Thank you, will check them out.  Always looking to try new things.
(05-11-2017, 06:02 PM)Barrylu Wrote: I don't particularly like decaf. But I enjoy the challenge of roasting decaf.  I roast it for my brother. The only decaf worth anything is the organic washed process decaf selected by Tom at SM.

I'm at a point that a cup of straight coffee is tolerable, in fact enjoyable, but another cup is unbearable.  It's interesting to wean off leaded coffee then learn how effective caffeine really is.  Yeah, Sweet Maria's doesn't disappoint.

1 82