05-12-2017, 07:10 AM
User Info
I have a blue titanium Hempel handle that needs to be re anodized (is that a word?).  Seems like I have seen on here where someone did that, anybody have any suggestions on who could do this for me?

TIA.

13 524
 05-12-2017, 09:25 AM
User Info
(05-12-2017, 07:10 AM)22bulldog Wrote: I have a blue titanium Hempel handle that needs to be re anodized (is that a word?).  Seems like I have seen on here where someone did that, anybody have any suggestions on who could do this for me?

TIA.
I am in the same boat.  I purchased a Blue Wave Titanium handle directly from Jurgen Hempel in March 2016 and it too needs to be "re-done".  Is this normal for a titanium handle?  I only use it once per week (at most) and I've never scrubbed it with any soap or detergent.  There is a picture of a striking blue titanium razor on the Wolfman web site, but I am sure James is far too busy with his other projects.

1 163
 05-12-2017, 09:56 AM
User Info
(05-12-2017, 09:25 AM)GoHabs Wrote:
(05-12-2017, 07:10 AM)22bulldog Wrote: I have a blue titanium Hempel handle that needs to be re anodized (is that a word?).  Seems like I have seen on here where someone did that, anybody have any suggestions on who could do this for me?

TIA.
I am in the same boat.  I purchased a Blue Wave Titanium handle directly from Jurgen Hempel in March 2016 and it too needs to be "re-done".  Is this normal for a titanium handle?  I only use it once per week (at most) and I've never scrubbed it with any soap or detergent.  There is a picture of a striking blue titanium razor on the Wolfman web site, but I am sure James is far too busy with his other projects.

In all honesty, mine was a little "light" (for lack of a better word) when I got it new.  I am fairly certain I saw something somewhere that somebody got one recoated.  Hopefully we will get a lead or two.

13 524
 05-12-2017, 10:06 AM
User Info
I've seen Toby from triad offer to annodize somebody's handle before. Not sure if that was a one time offer or he does it on the regular

28 777
 05-12-2017, 10:08 AM
User Info
(05-12-2017, 09:56 AM)22bulldog Wrote:
(05-12-2017, 09:25 AM)GoHabs Wrote:

TIA.

In all honesty, mine was a little "light" (for lack of a better word) when I got it new.  I am fairly certain I saw something somewhere that somebody got one recoated.  Hopefully we will get a lead or two.

Has it lost any color since you bought it or are you simply wanting a darker color?

1 163
 05-16-2017, 02:40 PM
User Info
(05-12-2017, 10:08 AM)GoHabs Wrote:
(05-12-2017, 09:56 AM)22bulldog Wrote:
(05-12-2017, 09:25 AM)GoHabs Wrote: I am in the same boat.  I purchased a Blue Wave Titanium handle directly from Jurgen Hempel in March 2016 and it too needs to be "re-done".  Is this normal for a titanium handle?  I only use it once per week (at most) and I've never scrubbed it with any soap or detergent.  There is a picture of a striking blue titanium razor on the Wolfman web site, but I am sure James is far too busy with his other projects.

Has it lost any color since you bought it or are you simply wanting a darker color?

There's a guy on instagram. I think he goes by joe-bananas who does some nice work. Don (DJL) got his Ti WM done. It came out great. Check him out.

25 240