05-14-2017, 03:14 PM
  • Quando
  • Banned
  • Somewhere far-away, from Home
User Info
So, I am on the search for the perfect shaving mug.  

It must be a mug:  I have tried enough scuttles to know I dislike them/prefer the regular mug.  

I like a handle, so bowls are out.  

I want just a regular mug.  I have two, right now.  One is a regular, generic coffee mug, from a dicount/dollar type store.  The other is an artisan made one, from Etsy, from a company called Pottersong.  It is okay, but, too short, and, wide.  

I had one, once, from Target, that worked perfectly. It either dropped, and, broke, or got lost in a move, I forget.  This was years ago.  I think it broke.  It was black on the outside, but, a really pretty blue colour, on the inside, of the mug.  I really liked it, because, even though the inside was smooth, there was enough tiny pores to generate some resistance, so I could make a good lather.  

Maybe I should try them, again.  I tried a few years ago, but, to no avail.  My search continues.  

(I have used no fewer than two dozen different shaving mugs, so far this decade.  I think I am up to around 35, or so, since 2010.  I wish I still had half of them.)

1 589
 05-14-2017, 04:21 PM
  • EricM
  • Encinitas, CA
User Info
You could try an old vintage Old Spice mug with the ship on the side.  They have a very cool look and are also very functional.

48 976
 05-14-2017, 04:39 PM
User Info
Check out Dirty Bird Pottery, which has a nice selection of shaving mugs and bowls.  Their Bill Bowl, which has a handle, is great for bowl lathering.

50 6,089
 05-14-2017, 07:54 PM
User Info
I highly recommend the apothecary style mug from West Coast Shaving. Perfect size with ample room to whip up a lather.

0 42
 05-15-2017, 11:12 PM
  • Quando
  • Banned
  • Somewhere far-away, from Home
User Info
Thank you, for the suggestions, everybody.

1 589