05-15-2017, 09:32 PM
User Info
Hi y'all I'm looking to get new razor and few in my wish list such as ...
1) Rockwell 6S $99 or 6C $50, heard so many positive about this razor especially how smooth it shave but still blade feel on higher numbers plate by some reviewers and 6C quality issues?
2) Rockwell Model T $99 (butterfly)  not on market until July.
3) Timeless scalloped $210 gap not sure, many reviews this razor is very smooth and efficient. I like that but price bit steep. Love the looks.
4)  Other razor I might be missing price range $50-$150 maybe little more wouldn't hurt.
I currently own Merkur 34C and 37C Slant, Parker Variant and Maggard Slant. I like 34C good all round razor, 37C Slant very good Slant but not for everyday shave and not to great on across the neck area more than 2 passes I get irritation on neck area. I use 37C as a light finisher after 34C works great. Maggard Slant haven't use much due to blade feel like it scrapping my skin maybe need to work with it and Variant it's a decent adjustable razor not smooth for me on higher numbers above 3 1/2 and the efficient is subpar.
My stubs is pain in the a$$ grows all different directions on neck area it require for me to do 3 passes or 4 and spots if I go multiples same spots I get irritation and burn.
Much appreciate up front  for recommendation.

0 34
 05-15-2017, 09:59 PM
  • SCOV
  • Minnesota
User Info
Bullgoose has sale on ATT razors.   Different heads available for future upgrades.  I am even tempted.

4 298
 05-16-2017, 02:39 AM
User Info
(05-15-2017, 09:59 PM)SCOV Wrote: Bullgoose has sale on ATT razors.   Different heads available for future upgrades.  I am even tempted.

Signs011

48 5,703
 05-16-2017, 03:11 AM
User Info
The Rockwell razors really are good.  They are a bit utilitarian and don't have the same level of eye candy as some of the other razors on your list, but they do their job really well.  You'd be hard pressed to find something better than the $50 6C set to be honest...  6 different plates to explore, so there is bound to be one that fits you.  I have and have used some pretty expensive razors, but my little $25 2C combo still has a spot in my den.

0 36
 05-16-2017, 05:06 AM
User Info
Rockwell its amazing and unbeatable in the bang for the buck department. Specially the stainless steel one. I use mine with kai blades. Anything else was too mild for me with this razor.

The timeless is the absolute best. Had not heard anybody saying anything negative. Mine is .95 OC. With a kai or feather she is perfect for the aggressive crowd. I use mine with gillette yellow. It wont say it converts it into a mild razor. With that blade i would say that she is middle of the road, at least for me.

Other razors? Any of the ATT will serve you well. I have a SE-2 that i dont use too much on account that i am in love with the asylum rx, which is absolutely worth its price!

Best regards,

Pp

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 479
 05-16-2017, 09:01 AM
User Info
(05-15-2017, 09:59 PM)SCOV Wrote: Bullgoose has sale on ATT razors.   Different heads available for future upgrades.  I am even tempted.
Thanx good sale price I'm not ready for ATT yet 
(05-16-2017, 03:11 AM)jacwoob Wrote: The Rockwell razors really are good.  They are a bit utilitarian and don't have the same level of eye candy as some of the other razors on your list, but they do their job really well.  You'd be hard pressed to find something better than the $50 6C set to be honest...  6 different plates to explore, so there is bound to be one that fits you.  I have and have used some pretty expensive razors, but my little $25 2C combo still has a spot in my den.
Much appreciated Jacwoob you almost convince me to get 6C and I'm still curious about Rockwell adjustable butterfly Model-T 
(05-16-2017, 05:06 AM)carlospppena Wrote: Rockwell its amazing and unbeatable in the bang for the buck department. Specially the stainless steel one. I use mine with kai blades. Anything else was too mild for me with this razor.

The timeless is the absolute best. Had not heard anybody saying anything negative. Mine is .95 OC. With a kai or feather she is perfect for the aggressive crowd. I use mine with gillette yellow. It wont say it converts it into a mild razor. With that blade i would say that she is middle of the road, at least for me.  

Other razors? Any of the ATT will serve you well. I have a SE-2 that i dont use too much on account that i am in love with the asylum rx, which is absolutely worth its price!

Best regards,

Pp

Thankz Carlospppena, if you have to choose between Rockwell or Timeless for the result which would you choose especially smoothness?

0 34
 05-16-2017, 10:48 AM
  • ARGH
  • Boston, MA
User Info
I would strongly recommend to consider a BlackBird. Shave-wise  this razor is in my top 3.

111 1,400
 05-16-2017, 12:03 PM
User Info
+1 for the Blackbird

12 231
 05-16-2017, 01:43 PM
User Info
you will never go wrong with Rockwell 6S, all 316L SS, 6 levels of adjustability and at very decent price. The Rockwell has dethroned bunch of my CNC razors.

0 168
 05-16-2017, 01:54 PM
User Info
All top contenders. For finish a Timeless is hard to beat, and for a great shaving instrument. I just got done shaving with a Blackbird SB for a 2 pass as bbs as I've ever gotten from any razor. OTOH, I'd still suggest the Rockwell 6s for starters. It is utilitarian, 

I saw someone describe it as 'industrial', and so it is, but for $99.00, with all of the adjustability in those 3 plates ......... a great razor to have to try out blade gaps if you're shopping around for something else and not sure if the gap will suit you. I wouldn't want it to be my only razor, but I wouldn't want to be without it either, now that I've gotten it.

6 222
 05-16-2017, 02:05 PM
User Info
My vote goes to Timeless

10 198
 05-16-2017, 02:53 PM
User Info
(05-16-2017, 09:01 AM)wolverined4 Wrote:
Thanx good sale price I'm not ready for ATT yet 
(05-16-2017, 03:11 AM)jacwoob Wrote: The Rockwell razors really are good.  They are a bit utilitarian and don't have the same level of eye candy as some of the other razors on your list, but they do their job really well.  You'd be hard pressed to find something better than the $50 6C set to be honest...  6 different plates to explore, so there is bound to be one that fits you.  I have and have used some pretty expensive razors, but my little $25 2C combo still has a spot in my den.
Much appreciated Jacwoob you almost convince me to get 6C and I'm still curious about Rockwell adjustable butterfly Model-T 
(05-16-2017, 05:06 AM)carlospppena Wrote: Rockwell its amazing and unbeatable in the bang for the buck department. Specially the stainless steel one. I use mine with kai blades. Anything else was too mild for me with this razor.

Best regards,

Pp

Thankz Carlospppena, if you have to choose between Rockwell or Timeless for the result which would you choose especially smoothness?

My dear friend;

Smoothness is not in the razor per se. Smoothness is found between the blade you use and the technique you employ.

Both razors are capable of super smoothness. You just have to find the right blade for it AND your skin and whiskers.

I use the rockwell with the kai to promote a little more aggressiveness out of it. It works perfect FOR ME. At the same time, i use the gillette yellow on the timeless to make it a little more mild. I have found balance in both. Of course, i tried the kai in the timeless. Ufff! Too much of a good thing for me. Maybe just right for you. Who knows. In the other hand, the gillette yellow is not close enough for my taste in the rockwell.

If i had to part with one of the two, i would keep the timeless. Why? Pure aesthetics.

What is more important than all that? Technique!

A good razor will never shave right with bad technique. With good technique you can even shave with a bowie knife. Jeje.

Best regards,

Pepe Peña

0 479
 05-16-2017, 03:03 PM
  • Mel S Meles
  • On the edge, ouch
  • 44.4899° south of the North Pole
User Info
(05-16-2017, 02:53 PM)carlospppena Wrote: A good razor will never shave right with bad technique. With good technique you can even shave with a bowie knife. Jeje.

Bowie knife?  Oh, you rich Puerto Ricans!  When I was young, we were so poor, I had to shave with the lid cut off of a can of scrapple.

<rim shot>

0 1,048
 05-16-2017, 03:07 PM
User Info
(05-16-2017, 03:03 PM)Mel S Meles Wrote:
(05-16-2017, 02:53 PM)carlospppena Wrote: A good razor will never shave right with bad technique. With good technique you can even shave with a bowie knife. Jeje.

Bowie knife?  Oh, you rich Puerto Ricans!  When I was young, we were so poor, I had to shave with the lid cut off of a can of scrapple.

<rim shot>

My dear friend. You kill me. When i was young(er) we were so poor that not even whiskers grew...!!!

0 479
 05-16-2017, 03:40 PM
User Info
(05-16-2017, 02:53 PM)carlospppena Wrote: What is more important than all that? Technique!

A good razor will never shave right with bad technique. With good technique you can even shave with a bowie knife. Jeje.

I couldn't agree more. I came to the shaving forums in 2007 with 45 years of shaving experience, but I didn't really know how to shave. With some years of study, practice, I began to learn how to shave correctly. I like to think of it as if I had Tiger Woods golf clubs. That wouldn't make me a golfer.  Wink

6 222
 05-16-2017, 03:52 PM
User Info
(05-16-2017, 03:40 PM)JimmyH Wrote:
(05-16-2017, 02:53 PM)carlospppena Wrote: What is more important than all that? Technique!

I couldn't agree more. I came to the shaving forums in 2007 with 45 years of shaving experience, but I didn't really know how to shave. With some years of study, practice, I began to learn how to shave correctly. I like to think of it as if I had Tiger Woods golf clubs. That wouldn't make me a golfer.  Wink

With tigers wood clubs you will play a lot worse than with regular joes, i think!

0 479
 05-16-2017, 06:09 PM
  • DayMan
  • Tennessee
User Info
Another option that has not been mentioned is the Guerrilla by Wolfman. I haven't used it, but I do enjoy my Wolfman so I think it would definitely be worth trying.

3 529
 05-16-2017, 09:24 PM
User Info
I think I'll go with Rockwell 6 C or S ,and if I'm still thirsty I eventually will get Timeless I know I will. I patiently wait for review of Rockwell Model T and new "Rex Supply Co. Ambassador" Adjustable Stainless Steel DE Razor from Razor Emporium price tag $250 but beautiful looking DE. And thank you all for support.

0 34
 05-17-2017, 11:27 AM
User Info
Good call on the Rockwell. I have 60+ safety razors and my 6S with a PermaSharp is causing all my other razors to be gathering dust.

I also just received the 6C. One of the plates had a burr, I contacted Gareth, and he responded immediately.

I figured I'd send the defective plate for a swap. He simply asked for a picture, no return, and said he's sending a whole new razor! Stellar products and customer service.

You'll dig the Rockwell. I have a Model T ordered as well.

Cheers

20 345
 05-17-2017, 12:15 PM
User Info
(05-17-2017, 11:27 AM)Mitchcumsteen Wrote: Good call on the Rockwell. I have 60+ safety razors and my 6S with a PermaSharp is causing all my other razors to be gathering dust.

I also just received the 6C. One of the plates had a burr, I contacted Gareth, and he responded immediately.

I figured I'd send the defective plate for a swap. He simply asked for a picture, no return, and said he's sending a whole new razor! Stellar products and customer service.

You'll dig the Rockwell. I have a Model T ordered as well.

Cheers

That is indeed good customer service.   Perhaps they didn't have a single plate available, but regardless, they handled it well.

48 5,703