05-16-2017, 07:27 AM
  • SCOV
  • Minnesota
User Info
Has anyone used the CharcoalGoods Basic Safety Razor Head?   I do like some of the handles currently in stock and understand the brass heads could be available sometime between next Tuesday and July 2018.  

Nice to be able to use the handle and the $15 is reasonable for a temporary complete razor.

4 392
 05-17-2017, 05:34 AM
User Info
I have one. I will shave with it in next 2 days and let you know

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17 260
 05-17-2017, 06:17 AM
  • SCOV
  • Minnesota
User Info
Thanks. 
Sounds like Brian is planning to move and start a new shop with increased production capabilities.  Good news for long term but not great news for using my new handle in July.

4 392
 05-17-2017, 12:15 PM
User Info
What's the deal with those basic heads? They're quite a bit cheaper than the brass ones. Are they not machined? Are they still based on the CG razor design or are they Edwin Jagger knockoffs?

3 737
 05-17-2017, 01:20 PM
  • SCOV
  • Minnesota
User Info
(05-17-2017, 12:15 PM)UngerWoo Wrote: What's the deal with those basic heads? They're quite a bit cheaper than the brass ones. Are they not machined? Are they still based on the CG razor design or are they Edwin Jagger knockoffs?

The website shows the heads as "imported" and states made at ISO 9001 certified facility.  Also states great as replacement heads.  No mention of designer.  I am assuming CG has the heads to help sell handles (as his heads are backlogged big time).  Some of the handles are shown with the $15 head.  

Sounds like a really nice forum member (Bobusa) is planning to try the $15 head and willing to give his valuable opinion.  I look forward to that.  For me, I want to buy a handle soon - question is the $15 head worth it until the brass heads available.

4 392