05-23-2017, 05:09 PM
User Info
I use Isopropyl alcohol and an old, soft tooth brush.  I clean my razors every Saturday morning.  (just the ones I used the previous week)  I haven't tried any other method, but the ones noted would seem to be working well.

Sometimes I clean them more often.  I'm a wee bit obsessive, I guess.  I have no idea what I'm accomplishing by this, but I like doing it.  And, sometimes there's grunge on the blade or in the razor, so I feel like I've achieved something.

0 339
 05-23-2017, 05:34 PM
  • Quando
  • The Galactic Empire
User Info
(05-17-2017, 01:48 PM)TexBilly Wrote: I just rinse the razor with hot water and periodically wash it with soapy water and a soft tooth brush.  I also periodically take off blade wax residue with orange cleaner.

That is a good tip, about the orange cleaner.  

(05-23-2017, 05:09 PM)David Wrote: I use Isopropyl alcohol and an old, soft tooth brush.  I clean my razors every Saturday morning.  (just the ones I used the previous week)  I haven't tried any other method, but the ones noted would seem to be working well.

Sometimes I clean them more often.  I'm a wee bit obsessive, I guess.  I have no idea what I'm accomplishing by this, but I like doing it.  And, sometimes there's grunge on the blade or in the razor, so I feel like I've achieved something.

Are you sure that alcohol is the best thing, for metal?

Anyway, I know what it is you are accomplishing, by cleaning your razors, each Saturday.  You are achieving a clean shaving kit.  You want the razor as clean as possible, even the non blade part, because it touches your face.  Also, cleaning something every week builds character.  It builds patience, and, develops a sense of duty, reliability, regularity, etc.  Plus, it is good to have some time, each week, in quiet, with something you enjoy. This is good for your heart, like wearing a loose fitting shirt, as opposed to a tight one.  People with such hobbies live longer lives, with less stress.

0 323