05-21-2017, 07:59 AM
User Info
Super slick and creamy with wonderful ingredients. Top tier shaving soap. Scent is mild but it is going to be increased. BUY THIS SOAP!!![Image: e81ba2edf572e7bdd2339f976a3c751b.jpg]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

19 571
 05-21-2017, 08:34 AM
  • ddk13
  • Nebraska
User Info
I'll second that.  I received Vetiver Nobile a few days ago.  I also found it to lather easily, good protection and very slick (great residual slickness).  It's a pretty straight forward vetiver.  I was a little disappointed that I didn't get much grapefruit at all from it.  I thought the two would be a great combo.  Still a very solid performer and am not disappointed in the purchase.

42 581
 05-21-2017, 08:38 AM
User Info
(05-21-2017, 08:34 AM)ddk13 Wrote: I'll second that.  I received Vetiver Nobile a few days ago.  I also found it to lather easily, good protection and very slick (great residual slickness).  It's a pretty straight forward vetiver.  I was a little disappointed that I didn't get much grapefruit at all from it.  I thought the two would be a great combo.  Still a very solid performer and am not disappointed in the purchase.
Keep working on the lather and even put more water in... it gets better and better the more you work it

19 571
 05-21-2017, 11:05 AM
User Info
Heard about that soap 24 ingredients if I'm not mistaken that's a lot. But if it's true that scent is mild/light I wouldn't get for $19, that's just me.

0 34
 05-21-2017, 11:21 AM
  • MaxP
  • Madison, WI
User Info
How is the scent of the patchouli? I'm looking for a rather strong scented patchouli. And I haven't found one yet.

57 1,561
 05-21-2017, 12:20 PM
User Info
(05-21-2017, 11:21 AM)MaxP Wrote: How is the scent of the patchouli? I'm looking for a rather strong scented patchouli. And I haven't found one yet.
It's a nice Patchouli but it's not strong he is going to be going to up the scent strength

19 571
 05-22-2017, 05:00 AM
User Info
I couldn't find this soap with a Google search.  Perhaps somebody could point me to a place where I could read the ingredients list?  Not in the market for a soap, but always interested in checking out ingredients lists of soaps that others find to be good performers.  

Thanks.

2 1,387
 05-22-2017, 05:27 AM
  • ischiapp
  • Ischia, Naples, Italy
User Info
(05-22-2017, 05:00 AM)kingfisher Wrote: I couldn't find this soap with a Google search.
Just find Grooming Dept Biggrin

0 1,139
 05-22-2017, 05:30 AM
User Info
Whoops. Tried to link and forgot the rules Smile. You can find Grooming Dept on Instagram, as well.

0 611
 05-22-2017, 10:54 PM
User Info
(05-22-2017, 05:00 AM)kingfisher Wrote: I couldn't find this soap with a Google search.  

Thanks.

The website is not up yet so look at Facebook, I contacted him through FB.

0 34
 05-23-2017, 05:28 AM
  • ddk13
  • Nebraska
User Info
For some reason it doesn't come up with google.   I just bought Bonum Mane a few days ago.  You can go to their facebook page and they have a link to their website.

42 581
 05-23-2017, 09:18 AM
User Info
(05-22-2017, 10:54 PM)wolverined4 Wrote:

Thanks.

The website is not up yet so look at Facebook, I contacted him through FB.

My bad the site is up and still having  trouble getting  through go on Facebook link is provided.

0 34
 05-24-2017, 11:29 AM
User Info
Completely agree with the OP, this is fantastic soap. You can watch the evolution of it on Instagram from version 1 to the current formula over the last year and a half, a lot of time went into this formula and it's a great one. It's been darn near 5 years since I used a soap exclusively for more than a week and this is the only thing I've used since I received it.

3 248
 05-24-2017, 12:25 PM
User Info
Gentlemen, TSN does not permit the posting of links to any website not affiliated with our forum.  This rule, which exists to protect the quality of the forum, has been violated four times in this thread.  While some of these violations were honest mistakes, others were done with knowledge of the rule.

We fully understand and encourage enthusiasm.  Members have ample leeway to fully discuss a product, share information, and help each other out without the use of unauthorized links.  Please abide by this rule.

48 5,702
 05-24-2017, 05:55 PM
User Info
I, for one, was put off by the title of this thread, and by the "BUY THIS SOAP" yelling in the OP. How about putting the name of the new soap in the title and some FACTS about the soap in the original post, and letting us decide whether we want to "buy this soap"? I'm always happy to hear about a new soap, but I prefer to decide for myself, based on evidence -- individual testimonials are fine, BTW -- whether it's "great" or not. It comes down to a question of credibility, really.

0 75
 05-24-2017, 06:13 PM
User Info
(05-24-2017, 05:55 PM)Viseguy Wrote: I, for one, was put off by the title of this thread, and by the "BUY THIS SOAP" yelling in the OP. How about putting the name of the new soap in the title and some FACTS about the soap in the original post, and letting us decide whether we want to "buy this soap"? I'm always happy to hear about a new soap, but I prefer to decide for myself, based on evidence -- individual testimonials are fine, BTW -- whether it's "great" or not. It comes down to a question of credibility, really.
The soap is made by the Grooming Dept. It is very slick and has excellent cushion. I own over 100 soaps and this is one that goes to the top of the list whether you choose to buy it or not that's your decision I'm just sharing something I experience that's excellent and other people are feeling the same as well I don't care if you buy it or not it doesn't make me a penny and I do not know the maker I'm only sharing and trying to make people aware of something that is an excellent product. By the way I thought we were still living in America and we have freedom of speech I could write what I want and you could choose to take it how you want I did nothing offensive or hurt anybody. It was coming from a good and honest place. Next time before I post something I will check with you and to see if it's ok and to your liking. Come on everybody let's all lighten up and have fun that's what shaving supposed to be about enjoyment of a hobby

19 571
 05-24-2017, 06:38 PM
  • Agravic
  • Super Moderator
  • Pennsylvania, USA
User Info
(05-24-2017, 06:13 PM)rawfox1 Wrote:
(05-24-2017, 05:55 PM)Viseguy Wrote: I, for one, was put off by the title of this thread, and by the "BUY THIS SOAP" yelling in the OP. How about putting the name of the new soap in the title and some FACTS about the soap in the original post, and letting us decide whether we want to "buy this soap"? I'm always happy to hear about a new soap, but I prefer to decide for myself, based on evidence -- individual testimonials are fine, BTW -- whether it's "great" or not. It comes down to a question of credibility, really.
The soap is made by the Grooming Dept. It is very slick and has excellent cushion. I own over 100 soaps and this is one that goes to the top of the list whether you choose to buy it or not that's your decision I'm just sharing something I experience that's excellent and other people are feeling the same as well I don't care if you buy it or not it doesn't make me a penny and I do not know the maker I'm only sharing and trying to make people aware of something that is an excellent product. By the way I thought we were still living in America and we have freedom of speech I could write what I want and you could choose to take it how you want I did nothing offensive or hurt anybody. It was coming from a good and honest place. Next time before I post something I will check with you and to see if it's ok and to your liking. Come on everybody let's all lighten up and have fun that's what shaving supposed to be about enjoyment of a hobby

Relax, man.
Post objectively and honestly here, while abiding by this forum's rules.

102 18,548
 05-24-2017, 07:50 PM
  • MaxP
  • Madison, WI
User Info
I'm often willing to try a new soap. I just ordered the patchouli. If it shaves well and the scent makes me go "mmmmm" then its a keeper for me.

57 1,561
 05-25-2017, 12:22 PM
  • ARGH
  • Boston, MA
User Info
Just received Patchouli and Vetiver. Did a test lather and I must say that this soap mightily impressed me on all counts. Will shave with it for the next couple of days, so I can provide some  information on its shaving and post-shave properties.

111 1,400
 05-25-2017, 04:41 PM
User Info
Just ordered Elan as I'm a sucker for just about anything with Juniper Berry. Looking forward to trying it.

3 907