06-11-2017, 05:27 PM
User Info
Missed the Rose. 

Dang

2 98
 06-11-2017, 11:17 PM
  • morr
User Info
I'm skipping on this one. Have a good amount of soaps and samples already, really should be working through the lot. Would love to get my hands on the citrus sample though.

0 47
 06-12-2017, 08:10 AM
  • GKR1
  • San Diego
User Info
Have to resist! Have too many new soaps that have not been used! but I know the limited edition MdC will haunt me everyday after folks start saying how wonderful it smells and performs!!!

4 100
 06-16-2017, 07:54 AM
User Info
Got my rose and citrus today, vetiver is my favourite followed by fougere. Not sure about the citrus, similar to starburst/opal fruit. Not lathered so my opinion is straight from the puck. Citronella and lemon are the dominant notes when dry.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

0 819
 06-19-2017, 09:23 AM
  • Steve56
  • Knoxville, TN
User Info
Got mine this morning, also have not lathered it yet.

What's interesting is what isn't there, I get no note of benzoin resin that's present in almost if not all hard soaps that they make, shaving, bath, or hand.

I was concerned about the citronella comment because I do not care for the citronellas I've sampled in shaving soaps, but I'm not really getting that in the scent though I can understand how some noses might. BTW my nose isn't that sophisticated so take that into account.

I'm getting mostly citron with a bergamot 'kick' to it. Sweet lemon, sharp bergamot, and some geraniol. Geraniol according to Wikipedia, is a substance present in rose oil, lemongrass, and yes Java citronella. But I'm not getting any 'Arko' out of it lol. The geraniol note reminds me a little of a complimentary note in D.R. Harris almond BATH soap - which does not smell like almonds at all, it is a rose-geranium scent. But it's a background scent in this soap.

I may lather it up later and see what I get.

Cheers, Steve

7 456
 06-19-2017, 11:47 PM
User Info
(06-19-2017, 09:23 AM)Steve56 Wrote: Got mine this morning, also have not lathered it yet.

What's interesting is what isn't there, I get no note of benzoin resin that's present in almost if not all hard soaps that they make, shaving, bath, or hand.

I was concerned about the citronella comment because I do not care for the citronellas I've sampled in shaving soaps, but I'm not really getting that in the scent though I can understand how some noses might. BTW my nose isn't that sophisticated so take that into account.

I'm getting mostly citron with a bergamot 'kick' to it. Sweet lemon, sharp bergamot, and some geraniol. Geraniol according to Wikipedia, is a substance present in rose oil, lemongrass, and yes Java citronella. But I'm not getting any 'Arko' out of it lol. The geraniol note reminds me a little of a complimentary note in D.R. Harris almond BATH soap - which does not smell like almonds at all, it is a rose-geranium scent. But it's a background scent in this soap.

I may lather it up later and see what I get.

Cheers, Steve
To be honest Steve your interpretation sounds more accurate than mine. Definitely no Arko type scent (thank god). Quite liking the sour lemon oil, which I only fully appreciated when lathered. Still have wafts of citronella but is well balanced by the bergamot.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

0 819
 06-20-2017, 04:32 AM
  • ARGH
  • Boston, MA
User Info
Just had my first shave with the Citrus MDC. No surprises with the performance. Absolutely fantastic. It might be only in my head, but I felt that it was not as drying as the other MDCs.

Scent, however, is very different from the usual MDC signature profile - it has (to my nose) a delicate and straightforward, almost unidimensional sweet lemon.

111 1,372
 06-20-2017, 08:37 AM
  • Steve56
  • Knoxville, TN
User Info
First full shave this morning but also did a test lather last night. Both were as expected. Great, easy lather, good slickness as long as it's well hydrated. I shave with a straight so I can't comment on cushion or glide but no doubt that these are the same as other MdC soaps. 15 'swirls' with a Simpsons Tulip 2 and I had more than enough of lather for my usual 2 passes.

The lather scent is mostly a lovely mild citron, so lemon lovers have another prime option in this soap. It is more complex than that, but if you like lemon/citron, you'll very much like this soap. No benzoin resin in this one, a first for MdC shaving soaps.

Post shave is the usual clean skin feel, no oils, butters, or creams. It also rinses cleanly and easily off the razor, the sink, and out of the brush. is it more 'conditioning' than other MdC flavors? Possibly, too soon to tell, but lemon oil has a conditioning residue which is why we like it on furniture products, and anyone who squeezes a lemon will note the oil on their fingers.

Cheers, Steve

7 456