05-22-2017, 02:20 PM
  • jjfar
  • Young priest in a big parish
  • North Carolina
User Info
Hi all;
This is about the Ming Shi 2000s Futur Clone.
So i bought one on the Bay,$12.00 delivered.
[Image: cwtl94J.jpg]
[Image: IP8oQgv.jpg]
[Image: 9SxT0lW.jpg]
 my first impression was very well made,great fit and finish,
never had or used a Real Futur ,but this is a very impressive razor.
Now to using one!
After my first use , i thought this was a very heavy and cumbersome razor.
awkward to use, in short just a lot of trouble for a shave .
I was ready to list it here and just move it on to someone else to try.
But,i decided to give it another try ,a second chance.
Boy am i glad i did.
After two more of the best shaves i have had with a new razor i love this heavy
monster .it is a close shaver,an efficient shaver ,Get one

PS the blades they sent with it are very likely rebranded Voskhods

49 514
 05-22-2017, 02:54 PM
User Info
Thanks for your review.  I've been curious about the quality of these inexpensive Chinese Futur clones.  Let us know how the razor holds up over time.

48 5,727
 05-22-2017, 03:59 PM
  • jjfar
  • North Carolina
User Info
(05-22-2017, 02:54 PM)TheLegalRazor Wrote: Thanks for your review.  I've been curious about the quality of these inexpensive Chinese Futur clones.  Let us know how the razor holds up over time.
Glad to ,although it really appears to be very well constructed.

49 514
 05-22-2017, 04:13 PM
User Info
Tempting... Very Tempting. Smile

0 1,055
 05-22-2017, 04:21 PM
  • jjfar
  • North Carolina
User Info
(05-22-2017, 04:13 PM)Shannon Wrote: Tempting... Very Tempting. Smile

I have always felt that giving in to temptation 
is the mark of a civilized man.

49 514
 05-23-2017, 01:47 AM
User Info
I was also one of those who fell in temptation for this Futur clone. Blush

I bought mine at the "Qshave" webshop in Aliexpress. Exactly the same razor than the Ming Shi 2000s, but sold under the "Qshave" brand and with a slightly better presentation.

Couldn't be more happy with it. It shaves beautifully, better than some of my other razors that cost +10x more. I had no trouble at all when using it, in fact I was amazed how easy it delivers a nice BBS shave with no effort.
 Incredible price/quality ratio. Never thought that a €6 clone razor from China would be that good.

I liked so much that I ordered 2 more units from the same vendor - they make excellent gifts for friends. Smile

2 5,545
 05-23-2017, 01:51 PM
User Info
I agree with oversaturn. It is a very nice razor, especially for the price. I am using a Bic blade and it works very well for ME. I believe that a pre shave oil and a good lather makes a difference also. The Bic blade seems underrated in my opinion. They are sharp and for me they are better than the Wilkerson Sword blades. With this razor, the blade will make a difference. Don't give up after one shave, give other blades a try first. Any razor, before you get rid of it , you should try a lot of different blades.

0 2
 05-23-2017, 01:57 PM
User Info
(05-23-2017, 01:51 PM)saabo Wrote: I agree with oversaturn. It is a very nice razor, especially for the price. I am using a Bic blade and it works very well for ME. I believe that a pre shave oil and a good lather makes a difference also. The Bic blade seems underrated in my opinion. They are sharp and for me they are better than the Wilkerson Sword blades. With this razor, the blade will make a difference. Don't give up after one shave, give other blades a try first. Any razor, before you get rid of it , you should try a lot of different blades.

saabo, great to see your first post!  Hope to see you more often on the forum.

48 5,727
 05-23-2017, 09:06 PM
  • Mr_Smartepants
  • Cambridgeshire, UK (CONUS post address)
User Info
I'd recommend getting this from the AliExpress link.  I ordered a couple from a seller on ebay and what showed up at my door was NOT the razor in the OP.  So be careful out there folks, there's scammers lying in wait.
*Edit.  Also available from Maggards for $13.

47 1,902
 05-24-2017, 12:59 AM
User Info
Oh, yes. There was several members from the portuguese forum who were also scammed by an ebay vendor.

Believe it or not, it seems that AliExpress was more reliable than ebay for this item in particular..!

The very same razor is available from maggards or IB for a few pennies more - it may be a nice alternative for you guys across the pond.

2 5,545
 05-24-2017, 10:21 AM
User Info
(05-23-2017, 01:51 PM)saabo Wrote: I agree with oversaturn. It is a very nice razor, especially for the price. I am using a Bic blade and it works very well for ME. I believe that a pre shave oil and a good lather makes a difference also. The Bic blade seems underrated in my opinion. They are sharp and for me they are better than the Wilkerson Sword blades. With this razor, the blade will make a difference. Don't give up after one shave, give other blades a try first. Any razor, before you get rid of it , you should try a lot of different blades.

I agree with you about Bic blades.  I liked them when I tried them years ago.  I've settled on Polsilver SIs, which I use in all my razors, but I always thought the Bic Chrome Platinum was a nice blade.

2 1,394
 05-25-2017, 08:59 AM
User Info
Ordered one of these from Alibaba last week.  Hasn't arrived yet, but I figured the $10 price tag was a good bet based on the reviews I've read.

0 43
 06-04-2017, 01:38 PM
User Info
(05-23-2017, 09:06 PM)Mr_Smartepants Wrote: I'd recommend getting this from the AliExpress link.  I ordered a couple from a seller on ebay and what showed up at my door was NOT the razor in the OP.  So be careful out there folks, there's scammers lying in wait.

I also odered one from ebay for $3.00 us shipped
and what showed up at my door was not the
Futur clone that was listed they sent me the light
Weight cheap TTO Nanjie...

0 22
 06-07-2017, 10:37 PM
User Info
(06-04-2017, 01:38 PM)Weekly Wrote:
(05-23-2017, 09:06 PM)Mr_Smartepants Wrote: I'd recommend getting this from the AliExpress link.  I ordered a couple from a seller on ebay and what showed up at my door was NOT the razor in the OP.  So be careful out there folks, there's scammers lying in wait.

I also odered one from ebay for $3.00 us shipped
and what showed up at my door was not the
Futur clone that was listed they sent me the light
Weight cheap TTO Nanjie...

You should ask ebay for a full refund, lot's of people were scammed but most got refunded.

0 56
 06-16-2017, 06:52 PM
User Info
The aliexpress one is absolutely perfect (if you like the Futur)

0 4
 07-04-2017, 04:04 PM
User Info
I bought this Ming Shi that I purchased on eBay for $10.  Arrived as I expected.  Its become my favorite razor.  At first, I thought it was a little heavy but I now love the weight.  As a matter of fact, it's the only 1 I use.  I've been using this razor for about 3 months now.  It's holding up very well regarding the quality of the piece.  It looks as new as the day I opened the box.  I have tried my other razors a few times to see if this razor is that good and it is.  Better than my Edwin Jagger, Fatboy, Slim, Tech and others. I'm so impressed by this razor and by its ability to provide me with a great shave.  I purchased and got caught by the fraud eBay seller that showed pictures of the clone but sent a piece of junk.  I did get my money back.  Then I bought 4 more.  One for $5.95 and 3 for $6.49 on Aliexpress.  They are the Qshave branded version.  The Qshave packaging is much better but that's just for marketing purposes.  Both razors are identical as others have noted.  Why buy 4 more?  Three are going to be gifted and 1 is a spare (either a gift or I'll keep it as a backup).

0 79