05-27-2017, 07:50 PM
User Info
I have the synthetic version, but I'm not happy with it. So I'd like to purchase the badger or boar hair (do they even make it in boar?). Let me know if you have one you're looking to sell. Thanks!

2 237
 05-28-2017, 06:34 AM
User Info
I don't think  they make it in boar.  I have the synthetic Hi-Brush version as well and I find it a bit prickly for face lathering but it does whip up a good bowl lather for applying it with painting strokes.  Such a cool looking handle though.  I've considered changing the knot to a boar from an Omega 10005.  That might be a less expensive option to getting another barber pole as they were a little more money than their standard handles.  The 10005 is less than twenty dollars and has a nice knot.

1 223
 05-28-2017, 07:06 AM
User Info
Having looked through Omega's website (damn, I want a couple of new brushes now), I can find no boar barber poles - only badger and synthetics.

3 4,374
 05-28-2017, 10:54 AM
User Info
Yeah, I couldn't find any indication on the google machine that Omega made a boar brush with the barber pole handle, either. I have considered changing the knot but I've never done that before and wouldn't know what to do. So... if anyone has a badger one that they like to see at a reasonable price please let me know.

2 237
 05-31-2017, 08:04 AM
  • chazt
  • Bayside, NY
User Info
Great looking brush handle. Not a very usable brush for me, however. So a while back I contacted Rudy Vey about reknotting my Omega barber pole synth. He explained that these brushes don't lend themselves to reknotting due to the method used for initial installation. Apparently the knot sits in a cup of some sort and attempts to remove the knot/cup assembly will crack the handle.

4 1,944