05-28-2017, 06:26 AM
User Info
hello everyone
1. I have razor bumps often, which shaving cream i should to buy: TOBS Sensitive Skin or TOBS Sandalwood ???
2. The shaving cream for sensitive skin can help me with the razor bumps ?
3. To which one has a better performance TOBS Sensitive Skin or TOBS Sandalwood ???

TOBS Sensitive Skin
[Image: taylor-old-bond-st-jermyn-st-shaving-cre...59.jpg?c=2]

TOBS Sandalwood
[Image: 91tjs%2BFYmAL._SX355_.jpg]

Thank you very much ....

0 58
 05-28-2017, 07:00 AM
User Info
TOBS Jermyn Street is a better overall performer imho.

But you can get a good deal of better quality creams like St. James, Esbjerg, Castle Forbes, Penhaligon, AOS, and others.

But TOBS Jermyn Street is the best of the two.

24 5,833
 05-28-2017, 07:02 AM
User Info
Your razor bumps may be related to your prep and shaving technique more than to the cream you're using. Where do you get the bumps?  They may be ingrown hairs.   I suggest only shaving with the grain in those areas, and avoid across the grain and against the grain passes.

47 5,688
 05-28-2017, 07:33 AM
User Info
There is a good article on avoiding razor bumps and ingrown hairs here:

http://shavenook.com/showthread.php?tid=47005

47 5,688
 05-28-2017, 12:55 PM
User Info
Forgot about razor bumps.

They usually come from bad technique and poor prep.

Up your prep routine, focus on wetting your stubble completely before the shave and focus on building a better lather.
For some it takes 100+ tries to get the proper lather, for other it takes 3-5 attempts.

It took me 500+ shaves to get the proper lather with a wide range of soaps and creams.
Honestly it took me 500+ shaves, perhaps even 1000+ shaves to get the close to perfect lather and I'm still improving the finer details.

I don't discuss it so much in here anymore, but I'm still perfecting my lather. I would say it's almost 95% perfect every time, some times 99% perfect, but it all depends on the brush and soap/cream I use.

Regarding technique.

I always got fine shave with my Fusion razor, but for 3-4 years only used DE and SE razors, bu now I'm back to Fusion in quality handles.
My technique is, that I use very light touch with any razor, DE, SE or Fusion/Mach 3.
I have prety coarse stiff beard, so I need 3 passes with touch up, even with a Fusion, but I rarely ever use pressure, but have perfected my technique, so I strecth like with a straight razor to get an almost 95% perfect BBS shave every time and no razor bumps.

I'm now so consistent with gettting great shaves, that I have lost a bit of interest in writing on the forums about my shaves. I just shave now. With great results in 99/100 shaves.

Good luck !

24 5,833