07-18-2017, 09:50 AM
User Info
I'm sure that it's not ok that the corner guards get sliced off. However, the fact that it did would indicate that the blade either wasn't latching properly or was being inserted incorrectly/too much force etc. I do think that they mention the blade loading in their email, but don't go as far as to say there was a problem with it.

31 8,041
 07-18-2017, 03:53 PM
  • pbrmhl
  • Seattle
User Info
I had the v1 and now have the v2. I've not had a blade loading issue with either one, and the "blade stops" have not seemed at risk with either one. I guess I got lucky.

5 307
 07-19-2017, 09:11 AM
User Info
(07-18-2017, 03:53 PM)pbrmhl Wrote: I had the v1 and now have the v2. I've not had a blade loading issue with either one, and the "blade stops" have not seemed at risk with either one. I guess I got lucky.

Same here. I got V1 and it has worked perfectly for me. No issues whatsoever. I feel like I'm a lone wolf with my experience with the Core.

0 19
 07-19-2017, 11:27 AM
  • clint64
  • Atlanta, GA
User Info
(07-19-2017, 09:11 AM)_i2oss Wrote:
(07-18-2017, 03:53 PM)pbrmhl Wrote: I had the v1 and now have the v2. I've not had a blade loading issue with either one, and the "blade stops" have not seemed at risk with either one. I guess I got lucky.

Same here. I got V1 and it has worked perfectly for me. No issues whatsoever. I feel like I'm a lone wolf with my experience with the Core.

Add me to the group.  I got the V1 and it has worked perfectly for me as well.  In fact I liked it enough to get the Genesis as well.  The Core will now go on the motorcycle for road trips.

7 1,132
 07-19-2017, 12:31 PM
User Info
(07-15-2017, 01:57 PM)Agravic Wrote: OneBlade Core is a disappointment here.
I brought this razor for my Portugal/Spain trip.  I've used it 8 times so far.
The shave at best is a 3 pass not quite BBS.  The plastic head seems to contribute to friction despite the best of shave soap/cream lather.
While inserting blade yesterday, the blade sliced through the plastic blade stops, rendering the razor useless!
I ended up using one of my son's Merkur Progress; lovely 2-pass shave.
Newer is not always better.
I can't recommend the OneBlade Core razor at this time.

First time I read some else had a similar issue. I returned mine since the finish on the plastic gave me bad irritation. 
My intention was to give it to my fiancée. I was lucky I decided to try it first. 
Got my money back, but still ...

7 1,031
 07-19-2017, 04:09 PM
User Info
The V1 Core worked very well for me but was just a little bit too mild. Still, it is a fantastic BBS irritation free shaver when used properly with some pressure and the flexing head.

0 18
 07-19-2017, 04:43 PM
User Info
(07-19-2017, 11:27 AM)clint64 Wrote:
(07-19-2017, 09:11 AM)_i2oss Wrote:

Add me to the group.  I got the V1 and it has worked perfectly for me as well.  In fact I liked it enough to get the Genesis as well.  The Core will now go on the motorcycle for road trips.

Awesome! I wish I could get the Genesis as well because it's hard to believe that it gets even better than the experience I've had with the Core so far. And obviously the stainless steel just never gets old to look at.

0 19