08-25-2017, 06:42 PM
  • Nero
  • Ban Groupthink from Earth
  • le montagne
User Info
(08-25-2017, 09:31 AM)Deuce Wrote:
(08-23-2017, 06:34 PM)Nero Wrote:
(08-23-2017, 06:21 PM)Deuce Wrote: Same shave as yesterday.

Sorry to hear.
Wanna trade? (J/k of course Wink  )

Thanks for keeping my spirits up. This has been very frustrating, as I really wanted this one to work. If the Focus is a good shave, I'll be thrilled. Hoping to get some new tools for my son and 2 son in laws for Christmas this year.

No worry. I was pulling for you!
In the end, I'm definitely sending back both the Genesis and CORE. Genesis bc it nicks my neck everywhere. And the CORE bc the blade guard issue.
I'll try v3 Wink bc I think they're on to something. Very close to having a very nice razor.
I would be interested if they slightly lessened the spring strength in the pivot (it's too strong which makes you press too hard... how dumb is that!) and they need to figure out a way to make sure the blade is locked in the desired position. The blade moves around, as it's currently designed (even when clicked into place). They spent $$$ designing the thing with all the angles and everything, but they didn't make sure the blade is locked stable (it moves which makes all those angles and dimensions they calculated and designed basically worthless.)
They are boxed up and ready for shipment.

Ready to try out the two Blackland razors when they arrive. Tracking says the package is due Monday but I have faith it will be here tomorrow.

59 2,802
 08-26-2017, 02:43 AM
User Info
(08-25-2017, 06:42 PM)Nero Wrote: They spent $$$ designing the thing with all the angles and everything, but they didn't make sure the blade is locked stable (it moves which makes all those angles and dimensions they calculated and designed basically worthless.)

The Genesis V1 holds the blade tight, I believe they modified it to stop people from using the GEM blade. They are all about selling the high priced blades.

0 43
 08-26-2017, 03:30 AM
  • RSP1
  • Western NY
User Info
(08-26-2017, 02:43 AM)rabidus Wrote:
(08-25-2017, 06:42 PM)Nero Wrote: They spent $$$ designing the thing with all the angles and everything, but they didn't make sure the blade is locked stable (it moves which makes all those angles and dimensions they calculated and designed basically worthless.)

The Genesis V1 holds the blade tight, I believe they modified it to stop people from using the GEM blade. They are all about selling the high priced blades.

This is the truth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12 323
 08-26-2017, 04:52 AM
  • Deuce
  • Just a guy
  • Cave Creek
User Info
Thanks everyone. I may look around at the new ATT Gem, Asylum, etc.

19 742
 08-26-2017, 06:02 AM
  • Nero
  • le montagne
User Info
(08-26-2017, 02:43 AM)rabidus Wrote:

Hmm. Not sure I understand that, since the de-spined GEM blades are larger than the FHS blades. Right?

59 2,802
 08-26-2017, 07:24 PM
User Info
(08-26-2017, 06:02 AM)Nero Wrote: Hmm. Not sure I understand that, since the de-spined GEM blades are larger than the FHS blades. Right?

Nope...the despined GEM blade is slightly smaller length and width!

0 43
 08-27-2017, 07:19 AM
  • Nero
  • le montagne
User Info
 08-27-2017, 07:37 AM
User Info
(08-27-2017, 07:19 AM)Nero Wrote: Crud!

The gem ptfe blades fit (after despining) in both the core and the genesis. I actually placed a despined gem in the core this afternoon and shaved with it. Unfortunately the gem blade (for me anyway) doesn't work as well as the Feather. I think I had a 6 pass shave (a new record) and lots of buffing and I eventually finished the shave with a de razor. I thought I would try a gem blade in the core seeing how some people have tried this and are happy with the result. Oh well, I'll try the genesis tomorrow with a gem blade and see if that works out better for me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

0 128
 08-27-2017, 08:26 AM
  • Nero
  • le montagne
User Info
(08-27-2017, 07:37 AM)Rhinehoth Wrote:
(08-27-2017, 07:19 AM)Nero Wrote: Crud!

The gem ptfe blades fit (after despining) in both the core and the genesis. I actually placed a despined gem in the core this afternoon and shaved with it.

True, I don't even remember what I was thinking when that conversation started above, because I have already used FHS and de-spined GEM blades in the v2 Genesis. I even modified the GEM so that it clicked into place just like the FHS blade.

I have no doubt the GEM would likewise fit in the CORE.

But both my Genesis and CORE are boxed up ready for return shipment Monday.

... I now have a Blackbird and Sabre to mess around with, as of yesterday's delivery.
And now even a Wolfman Guerrilla SB to be delivered some time this week.

For someone "without RAD" this is getting interesting!!!! Hahaha! Wink

59 2,802