08-20-2012, 08:58 PM
  • syngent
  • Oshawa, Canada
User Info
So it would seem Freddy had a great idea openning a pen thread as there is more then a few people who are into pens, if your like me you just dont get to use the cool ones often enough and come up with excuses to write...

a few months back i picked up a pen pal off the other place, and its great writing to him and getting his letters but since its only him and i its on letter or two a month as postage takes time and so does writing back

i thought i would start a thread to see if there is a few people interested in writing to each other

we can build a list of some people,.... see how many then exchange addresses and write to one another just like back in grade school

if there is way more interest then i though we can have a few groups built then every once in a while change it up... and if you like writing to someone in particular you can continue doing so.

(by the way, thank you letters for PIFs not only are a great way to write to someone but also a great way to surprise the person who sent you something, a bit off topic but a good idea to share)

anyone interested just build off the list and at the end of the week we will see what we have at that point and add people as needed

1. Syngent - James

3 748
 08-20-2012, 09:02 PM
  • krissy
  • Cando, North Dakota
User Info
I'm just getting started with fountain pens so I would love this!

1. Syngent - James
2. Krissy - Kristie

7 405
 08-21-2012, 05:26 AM
  • Howler
  • A calamophile and vintage razor lover
  • Fort Smith AR
User Info
I enjoy writing both letters and postcards. Count me in.

1. Syngent~~James
2. Krissy~~Kristie
3. Howler~~Brad

1 3,507
 08-21-2012, 05:42 AM
  • syngent
  • Oshawa, Canada
User Info
Nice great to have you both on board I enjoy it as well...

Anyone else out there ?

3 748
 08-21-2012, 11:27 AM
  • freddy
  • San Diego, California, U.S.A.
User Info
It's a great idea but I already correspond with a few folks and I would be spreading myself too thin. Blush

2 11,211
 08-21-2012, 11:47 AM
  • syngent
  • Oshawa, Canada
User Info
I kinda figured as much Freddy... just thought I would get back into the habit and bring some folks along with me

We like vintage pens.. and razors and soaps, this is like vintage PMing lol

3 748
 08-21-2012, 07:25 PM
User Info
I have more time during the Winter months for writing. I would be very interested during that time frame to add pen pals to my vintage PM list Smile

1 345
 08-21-2012, 08:04 PM
  • syngent
  • Oshawa, Canada
User Info
Dang cell phone lol... I have to retype cause I accidentally deleted and did something funny... but yeveryone is free to come and go as their vtime permits this thread will let you communicate to everyone if you need to stop or time out or move at the end of this week we will begin with who we have then as people come and go anyone is free to add a person here or there and new people can add more as even newer members come in take on as many or as few as you would like and stop at anytime, as long as your enjoying it your doing it right

3 748
 08-22-2012, 03:42 PM
  • Tonality
  • Attempted Soap Sabbatical
  • Boston
User Info
I might be interested...if anyone is willing to deal with my chicken scratch as I work on improving my handwriting. I've been a bit shy about that fact, but I should at least try to improve!

35 1,732
 08-22-2012, 04:07 PM
  • krissy
  • Cando, North Dakota
User Info
(08-22-2012, 03:42 PM)Tonality Wrote: I might be interested...if anyone is willing to deal with my chicken scratch as I work on improving my handwriting. I've been a bit shy about that fact, but I should at least try to improve!

If i can read my son's writing I should be able to read about anything. If not take a good stab at guessing. Biggrin But this would be perfect for you to try to improve your penmanship while having fun as well.

So I'll say YES!!!!

7 405
 08-22-2012, 06:09 PM
  • syngent
  • Oshawa, Canada
User Info
Tone what better way to practice then by writing more plus it would be cool to watch each other's hand writing improve letter to letter

3 748
 08-22-2012, 09:44 PM
  • krissy
  • Cando, North Dakota
User Info
That and taking your time. Writing slowly and thinking about how your going to form your letters really helps. When I am in a hurry my writing can be very sloppy!

7 405
 08-23-2012, 04:51 AM
  • Howler
  • A calamophile and vintage razor lover
  • Fort Smith AR
User Info
I use only fountain pens when I'm writing I take my time to let the letters flow. My writing is mixture of both print and cursive.
I'm trying to switch back to use cursive and I do write now occasionally in cursive.

1 3,507
 08-24-2012, 08:03 AM
  • syngent
  • Oshawa, Canada
User Info
Anthony were you in ?

No pressure it's up to you but krissy and brad if you want to send me and each other your addresses and I'll send you mine Anthony too if he is in we can begin writing to one another

3 748
 08-24-2012, 08:20 AM
  • krissy
  • Cando, North Dakota
User Info
Come on Anthony, please say yes!!!!!

PM's sent....

7 405
 09-19-2012, 09:02 PM
  • syngent
  • Oshawa, Canada
User Info
Since we have new people out there who may be interested I thought i would bump this if anyone wants to join in

Got lots of letters out.. and some letters in and so far has been fun doing it... its so different interacting with people through letters then on the forum too its a little odd in it way...

If your new and want to pick up a pen pal or two or three just post on in and we will get you going... just wish my pen came with autocorrect!

Plus as Krissy and Brad can attest, I could continue using the practice lol

3 748