06-01-2017, 07:00 PM
  • Shaun
  • St Peters, NSW, Australia
User Info
Hello All

I am writing this post in good faith, and trust it is read in the spirit of the Nook community. Smile

Sometimes I look through the BST threads, and frequently I see an item that I think, hmm, very interesting, but then when I try to investigate further, no details are provided regarding the seller's location.

I raise this matter because, although this is primarily a site utilised by my American cousins, there are a great many of us who are not from the USA, and as such it shouldn't be assumed that everybody else is. I am from Australia, for example. 

This is an important consideration, because postage, for one thing, varies tremendously.

I suggest that for all people selling, they at least state what country they are in, and what state, perhaps. That would immediately assist. Also to state where they will post and where they will not would be useful to know, too.

Thanks for reading the post. Smile

Shaun

0 1,730
 06-01-2017, 07:18 PM
User Info
I support this , I believe there is a location option within your profile adds that also coincides with past bst feedback etc if a potential buyer is interested in checking these things before messaging the seller. Sometimes these things are left empty and this would be nice to have if a gent decides to participate amongst this area of the community.

59 1,404
 06-01-2017, 07:23 PM
User Info
i agree as a seller too it is good to know.

73 1,260
 06-01-2017, 07:34 PM
  • eengler
  • Administrator
  • South Dakota, USA
User Info
(06-01-2017, 07:00 PM)Shaun Wrote: Hello All

I am writing this post in good faith, and trust it is read in the spirit of the Nook community. Smile

Sometimes I look through the BST threads, and frequently I see an item that I think, hmm, very interesting, but then when I try to investigate further, no details are provided regarding the seller's location.

I raise this matter because, although this is primarily a site utilised by my American cousins, there are a great many of us who are not from the USA, and as such it shouldn't be assumed that everybody else is. I am from Australia, for example. 

This is an important consideration, because postage, for one thing, varies tremendously.

I suggest that for all people selling, they at least state what country they are in, and what state, perhaps. That would immediately assist. Also to state where they will post and where they will not would be useful to know, too.

Shaun
Here is a previous thread on the topic Shaun.

It is encouraged but of course personal choice.

59 4,378
 06-02-2017, 12:04 AM
  • mark1966
  • Canberra [the capital city of] Australia
User Info

Shaun

On the money as always Shaun - and thanks to @eengler for raising it previously.

Of course mate you KNOW that I'm in Australia so that butterscotch Chubby will not have to travel far.  Heck, I would even drive to you to pick it up!

Now where are you again ...

5 207
 06-02-2017, 01:37 AM
  • TONE_Shaves
  • Wet Shaving Aficionado
  • N. Los Angeles, CA
User Info
Shaun, thumbs up Buddy.

I really don't encounter this problem obviously because of my location, but sometimes I myself am interested in buying from abroad. Take Ben (Ben74) for example. He's in Oz as well (Perth I think) which is wayyyyy out there as far as I am concerned; and every time I inquire with him about a purchase, he is always(and I mean always) 100% mindful of how much the shipping is going to be from him to me here in Los Angeles. He is so mindful that he will often forsake selling me the item(s) if he feels I will be paying too much in postage. I have come to appreciate that quite a bit about him.

I don't think your concern will go ignored by any of us here in the U.S. as I have come to find that there is nothing but a bunch of great guys here at The Shave Nook.

Cheers!

129 320
 06-02-2017, 12:40 PM
  • Jorvaljr
  • Temple city, California
User Info
(06-02-2017, 01:37 AM)TONE_Shaves Wrote: Shaun, thumbs up Buddy.

I really don't encounter this problem obviously because of my location, but sometimes I myself am interested in buying from abroad. Take Ben (Ben74) for example. He's in Oz as well (Perth I think) which is wayyyyy out there as far as I am concerned; and every time I inquire with him about a purchase, he is always(and I mean always) 100% mindful of how much the shipping is going to be from him to me here in Los Angeles. He is so mindful that he will often forsake selling me the item(s) if he feels I will be paying too much in postage. I have come to appreciate that quite a bit about him.

I don't think your concern will go ignored by any of us here in the U.S. as I have come to find that there is nothing but a bunch of great guys here at The Shave Nook.

Cheers!

Some of us even hand deliver the darn things! Wink lol

But great topic!

3 147
 06-02-2017, 01:31 PM
  • Gabe
  • Arizona
User Info
(06-02-2017, 12:04 AM)mark1966 Wrote:

Shaun

On the money as always Shaun - and thanks to @eengler for raising it previously.

Of course mate you KNOW that I'm in Australia so that butterscotch Chubby will not have to travel far.  Heck, I would even drive to you to pick it up!

Still at it!!!    Don't give up, I think he is close to giving in.  Biggrin

72 1,212
 06-02-2017, 02:13 PM
  • TONE_Shaves
  • Wet Shaving Aficionado
  • N. Los Angeles, CA
User Info
(06-02-2017, 12:40 PM)Jorvaljr Wrote: Some of us even hand deliver the darn things! Wink lol

But great topic!

Hahaaa! Yes you sure do!

L.A. Wet shavers baby!

129 320
 06-02-2017, 03:55 PM
  • mark1966
User Info
(06-02-2017, 01:31 PM)Gabe Wrote:
(06-02-2017, 12:04 AM)mark1966 Wrote:

Shaun

Thanks for the encouragement - you think he is close?  I have the vintage butterscotch Wee Scot, and a few others, the Chubby 1 would just complete things.  I've passed on some Chubby 2s as they would be too big for me Smile

I might have to get him to write me into his will??  ;-)

5 207
 06-02-2017, 03:59 PM
  • Shaun
  • St Peters, NSW, Australia
User Info
Reading with amusement.

0 1,730
 06-02-2017, 04:07 PM
  • mark1966
User Info
(06-02-2017, 03:59 PM)Shaun Wrote: Reading with amusement.

As I'd hoped Biggrin

BTW - St Peters NSW is in easy driving distance of Canberra, and close to the airport where I often fly into ...

#justsayin

#noAusPostworries

#safelyhandtohand

#goodhomeguaranteed

Shok

5 207
 06-02-2017, 04:25 PM
  • Gabe
  • Arizona
User Info
(06-02-2017, 03:55 PM)mark1966 Wrote:
(06-02-2017, 01:31 PM)Gabe Wrote:
(06-02-2017, 12:04 AM)mark1966 Wrote: On the money as always Shaun - and thanks to @eengler for raising it previously.

Thanks for the encouragement - you think he is close?  I have the vintage butterscotch Wee Scot, and a few others, the Chubby 1 would just complete things.  I've passed on some Chubby 2s as they would be too big for me Smile

I might have to get him to write me into his will??  ;-)

Of course.... I think you are wearing him down. I'd say any year now .  24

72 1,212