06-19-2017, 02:36 PM
  • Puma
User Info
Old Type. I'll get a date on it when I clean it. A couple of small cracks. Desperately needs a cleaning.
Goodwill #164. This type of Goodwill looks to be made from Old Type parts. The cap is very thin, noticeably thinner than the old type above. Also of interest: There are some areas on the ball and the head where there is some red paint, there was an old blade in it that said Gillette Thin, and there was some sort of tag rolled up in the handle. Also desperately needs a cleaning.
Chubby 2 Best Badger (purchased used from a nice gentleman on one of the forums).
Maggard Synth 24mm that the gentleman threw in with the Chubby.
Will post some "after cleaning" photos of the razors next week.
I love how the SN home page for this thread says, "is your acquisition disorder out of control?" In addition to these I'm waiting on an Oristo as well.

[Image: YK0JblJ.jpg][Image: 2BOyfN3.jpg][Image: tiPJKcX.jpg][Image: HHENp5j.jpg]

0 21
 06-19-2017, 02:53 PM
User Info
MDC Citrus

[Image: 51959496302__C04A0465-73A2-4A7F-8A12-784...723-XL.jpg]

15 1,831
 06-20-2017, 06:41 AM
  • Puma
User Info
(06-19-2017, 02:36 PM)Puma Wrote: Old Type. I'll get a date on it when I clean it. A couple of small cracks. Desperately needs a cleaning.
Goodwill #164. This type of Goodwill looks to be made from Old Type parts. The cap is very thin, noticeably thinner than the old type above. Also of interest: There are some areas on the ball and the head where there is some red paint, there was an old blade in it that said Gillette Thin, and there was some sort of tag rolled up in the handle. Also desperately needs a cleaning.
Chubby 2 Best Badger (purchased used from a nice gentleman on one of the forums).
Maggard Synth 24mm that the gentleman threw in with the Chubby.
Will post some "after cleaning" photos of the razors next week.
I love how the SN home page for this thread says, "is your acquisition disorder out of control?" In addition to these I'm waiting on an Oristo as well.

[Image: YK0JblJ.jpg][Image: 2BOyfN3.jpg][Image: tiPJKcX.jpg][Image: HHENp5j.jpg]
The razors in my previous post (#61) are cleaned. The old cleaned up much better than I anticipated. It has no serial number so it is from sometime between 1921 and 1929. Its cracks aren't too bad, and its teeth are straight. Better than I expected when I purchased it based on photos. The Goodwill is what it is. It cleaned up fine, but it is badly tarnished and has a couple of cracks that aren't terrible, but are probably what could be considered average. Still, its a #164. Maybe not rare, but also not the most common razor. Having issues uploading photos, maybe I'll try a separate post.

0 21
 06-21-2017, 08:28 PM
  • Ram57
  • Boise, ID
User Info
I had Derek of Wild West Brushworks attempt a new handle he has never attempted before and came out great. I dropped in a Zenith 24mm over stuffed Silvertip, Overall I think it is sweet looking brush!

[Image: v3L7lex.jpg] [Image: 2X3Pkvu.jpg]

101 1,926
 06-21-2017, 08:38 PM
User Info
Good afternoon gents,
Here are my purchases for this month, that have actually arrived. Still waiting on various safety razors, soaps and creams. I think that I should pick up a new vice (like drinking, smoking or hookers). It would be cheaper.

[Image: te515kc.jpg]

0 78
 Yesterday, 12:16 PM
User Info
Rhinehoth, you've been busy!  Well done, Sir.

73 3,965
 Yesterday, 03:19 PM
User Info
Yesterday I received a 1930's Gillette New Type Open Comb Razor I thought I would pick up as a head for my Charcoal Goods handle until heads became available from Charcoal.  Ironically as I put the bid in for the Gillette razor, Charcoal announced they had some more heads.  I was then actually hoping I wouldn't win the bid for the Gillette and space out the acquisitions.  Well I wound up with both!  I always wanted to try the long open comb so no loss and I used it this morning.  The shave was OK and I actually had a couple of weepers.  Nothing major, I just need to get used to it I suppose.  This probably isn't my favorite razor, but I will need to use it more.  It is always fun trying out the different vintage razor designs.

Steve
[Image: IezR0Fi.jpg]
[Image: YPI6dfe.jpg]

0 380
 Yesterday, 04:08 PM
User Info
Received my Charcoal Goods Closed Comb Level 2 Head today with a dark antique finish.  I will need to try in tomorrow.
Steve
[Image: tdAP40L.jpg]
[Image: T5DKUQ1.jpg]
[Image: qCnSUcM.jpg]

0 380