06-11-2017, 05:36 AM
User Info
One of the pens I really enjoy are the Platinum Izumos.  The ones I have are all ebonite that is then covered with urushi and sometimes decorated with Maki-e

[Image: medium800.jpg]

[Image: medium800.jpg]

Each pen is hand turned and there are no straight lines, simply aesthetic curves.  Since each one is hand made the actual dimensions and weights and feel of each pen is unique.

[Image: large.jpg]

0 152
 11-11-2017, 04:11 AM
User Info
Lately I've been using another Eboya fountain pen.

Eboya is the last remaining ebonite maker in Japan and makes much of the ebonite that ends up as urushi covered pens from the other Japanese fountain pen makers. It usually takes three or four months for a pen to get made by them.

Eboya uses Bock nibs but each gets tuned by a true master and they have all been absolutely perfect right out of the box.

The Eboya in rotation now is in the middle of the picture below, it is a Houju [Image: standard.jpg] (meaning Gem) in the pattern Kunpuu 薫風 (Gentle Wind) and reminds me of the shifting green/black of a Bamboo forest.

From left: Eboya large size Yatate, Sailor King of Pen, Eboya middle size Houju, Sailor KOP Pro Gear, Eboya small size Natsume
[Image: large.jpg]

I have a mid-size Natsume on order but it will be after the first of the year before it is finished.

0 152
 11-11-2017, 08:10 AM
  • Sully
  • Super Moderator
  • Cedar Park, Texas
User Info
Stunning pens Jar.

8 1,394