06-10-2017, 04:31 PM
  • Manning
  • Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
User Info
 Only the Hart remains.

I have a few razors and brushes for sale today to make way for some new purchases that are incoming.  Prices include shipping within the US Payment by PayPal only please.     

1. Simpson T2 Somerset - $100 - SOLDNo longer in production. A new Vulfix version is $166 - I received this brush in a trade. I have only used it a few times and it is in great shape as shown in photos. No shedding or other issues. Lettering is as shown, bit of a smudge on the sticker adding to the character of the brush. Wonderful and rare example of the pre-Vulfix Super grade of hair, akin to some of the LE "Silvertip" releases from a few years ago. Comes with original box. Approximately 21.5 mm knot at base and 49 mm from base to tips. 

[Image: RtTQTGK.jpg]

[Image: 7tORTe6.jpg]

2. Simpson PJ2 Somerset - $100 - SOLD - No longer in production. A new Vulfix version is $162 - I am not the original owner, but I have only used it a few times.  In great shape as shown in photos. No shedding or other issues. Lettering and sticker are a bit faded as shown, but is common for the "lampblack" brushes from this period of Simpson brushes.  Wonderful and rare examplof the pre-Vulfix Super grade of hair, akin to some of the LE "Silvertip" releases from a few years ago. Comes with original box. Approximately 22 mm knot at base and 52 mm from base to tips.

[Image: qcpVu8B.jpg]

[Image: oiQRSeb.jpg]

3. Gillette Red Rocket - $115 - SOLD - Great shaver and extremely rare, but I am not in collecting like I used to be so I have decided to part with it.  In over  all very good condition, but there is a spot of brassing on one of the guard bars as shown. Its certainly not as visible in person as in the pictures, but I wanted to get a good shot to avoid surprises.  The spot is smooth to the touch, so it does not inhibit the shave. 

[Image: lme0KNH.jpg]

[Image: qCmCnYx.jpg]

4. ATT SE2 - SOLD - $135 - I bought this razor on TSN BST, second owner, only used a few times by me.  Efficient and smooth.  No issues, but I just have other razors I am using more.    Retail is $185.  Comes with original box and all the accompaniments. [Image: sFGaHde.jpg]

5.  Asylum Evolution - $135 - WITHDRAWN.  Great razor and one I probably shouldn't be selling, but incoming purchases require sale of a few items to balance things out. Retail is $185. Comes with the box, but not insert, as I was an early purchaser. Only used a few times.  

[Image: QaZyLR3.jpg]

6.Hart 6/8 Square Point in Satin Finish - $100 - I am the original owner and used only once.  I just do not have the time to get back into straights like I would like. Retail is $158. 

[Image: jXfgYjD.jpg]

7.  Colonial General Black - $50 - SOLD - Another one I am not sure I should be selling, but need to make some room.  Retail was $65 I believe.  Not sure if these are currently available. 

[Image: 2eptwIn.jpg]

8.  Gillette HD 500 - $20 - Add on only.  User grade as shown below.  Just not getting any use and I need to move it along. Great razor to clean up a bit and give to a new shaver or use as a travel razor.  Again, add on only. 

[Image: FwSJKQ2.jpg]

13 154
 06-11-2017, 03:15 PM
User Info
PM sent on the Simpsons

1 92
 06-19-2017, 09:48 AM
  • Manning
  • Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
User Info
Bump.  As noted above, only the Hart and the ATT SE2 remain.

13 154