I like Quercus

1 509
 06-29-2017, 04:49 PM
User Info
(06-15-2017, 08:30 AM)David Wrote:
(06-13-2017, 06:51 AM)nervosa1901 Wrote: Penhaligon's Blenheim Boquet

Creed Royal Mayfair, formerly known as Windsor

Farina Eau de Cologne

Oh my.  Yes indeed.  Royal Mayfair is breathtakingly magnificent.  I got another sample last weekend.  (had one last summer, too).  Perfect summer fragrance from an excellent company.  Lasts about 4 hours on me (2 or 3 sprays).

The sales lady at the Creed's counter told me it will last 5-7 years in the bottle, if it's kept out of the sunlight, and in a fairly cool spot.  She said Creed is better than other perfumes/colognes in this respect.  Since I've never actually had a bottle of Creed, I can't verify that.

If I ever actually purchase a bottle of Creed, it will be Royal Mayfair.  If I purchase a second bottle, it will be Tabarome (for the autumn and perhaps the winter).  I probably should eventually own a bottle of their Oud as well.

To tell you the truth that sales speech from Creed is a load of bull.....

I have fragrances 30+ year old that still smell like the day I bought them as a teenager.
I have fragrances, that turned slightly in the top notes after 4-5 years.

But I have yet to encounter a fragrance really turning rancid and I have owned 1000+ fragrances.

It depends on the fragrance composition NOT the brand.

I own 12-14 Creed and I certainly expect them to last for decades before they turn.....

These sales persons so often know so very little about the business they are working in.

24 5,752