06-13-2017, 09:43 PM
User Info
- Wilkinson Sword Classic (German) -

What your opinion on these blade?
How would you rate the blade in terms of sharpness and smoothness ?
[Image: wsblade10.jpg]

Thank you very much Smile

0 58
 06-13-2017, 09:47 PM
User Info
Sharpness- mid to high in aggressiveness
Smoothness-right the middle

I haven't used these a whole lot but the blade seemed to work well in some razors and came across harsh to the skin with other razors.

79 1,296
 06-13-2017, 09:49 PM
User Info
They are nice in my opinion - up there with green Astra, not as sharp as Feathers but much smoother. Definitely worth trying Smile

3 4,373
 06-14-2017, 12:13 AM
User Info
Crap for me, but your YMMV. GSBs, vintage Polsilvers, and Kais are the sweet spot for me in sharpness and smoothness.

52 1,175
 06-14-2017, 01:12 AM
User Info
it's rubbish ... leave it

3 105
 06-17-2017, 07:24 PM
User Info
Not sharp enough for a single shave. These are at Derby level (or lower). In milder razors the shave is somewhat comfortable but unclose, and in more aggressive razors I can feel it tug and scrape. I prefer the Gillette Wilkinson Sword blades (made in India) and I am half Indian, so go figure. Those blades are cheaper too. They feel like Astra SPs, but maybe slightly sharper.

0 13
 06-18-2017, 06:10 AM
User Info
(06-17-2017, 07:24 PM)KingofWisdom Wrote: Not sharp enough for a single shave. These are at Derby level (or lower). In milder razors the shave is somewhat comfortable but unclose, and in more aggressive razors I can feel it tug and scrape. I prefer the Gillette Wilkinson Sword blades (made in India) and I am half Indian, so go figure. Those blades are cheaper too. They feel like Astra SPs, but maybe slightly sharper.

I'll second that. I tried the German Wilkinsons when they were still available at Wal-Mart, and I didn't like them at all. I discovered the Gillette Wilkinson Swords a couple of years ago, and I find them plenty sharp, very smooth, and very unlikely to give me weepers. They're also VERY consistent; I've read that Gillettes two plants in India are state-of-the-art.

Astras are pretty good, but they are awfully rough on the first couple shaves. It takes a few shaves to get an Astra to be as smooth as the Indian Sword is on the first use.

Factor in the price: I bought 500 Gillette Wilkinson Swords from India on a certain well-known auction site for just over $30! That's just over $6/100.

The thing that's most interesting about the Gillette Wilkinsons is how divisive they are. Those who love them, love them, and those who don't, loathe them.

0 17