06-14-2017, 04:13 PM
User Info
Hi,
      I just recently dropped my first shaving bowl and it chipped and cracked, but, fortunately, it didn't brake apart. It's a clay pottery type bowl. Is there any kind of way to fix the hairline crack it developed and the chip in the rim it now has?

This bowl is a little over 4 inches in diameter and a little over 2 inches deep. I was wondering how this compares in size to some of the bowls you guys are using. I was thinking my bowl might be a little on the small side but wasn't for sure. I wish I could find one somewhat bigger than this one with a handle on it so I don't drop it again (it gets slippery with lather and water when I shave). The nice thing about it is it has a rough clay texture all over it, but that still didn't make it non-droppable.  Sad

Any ideas what a medium or average-sized shaving bowl would measure in dimensions?

Thank you

0 71
 06-14-2017, 05:06 PM
User Info
Check out Dirty Bird Pottery.  Their Bill Bowl, which is 4.5" wide and 2.5" tall, is a great shaving bowl.

50 5,916
 06-15-2017, 04:05 AM
  • Mel S Meles
  • On the edge, ouch
  • 44.4899° south of the North Pole
User Info
(06-14-2017, 04:13 PM)punchy Wrote:     I just recently dropped my first shaving bowl and it chipped and cracked, but, fortunately, it didn't brake apart. It's a clay pottery type bowl. Is there any kind of way to fix the hairline crack it developed and the chip in the rim it now has?

This bowl is a little over 4 inches in diameter and a little over 2 inches deep. I was wondering how this compares in size to some of the bowls you guys are using. I was thinking my bowl might be a little on the small side but wasn't for sure. I wish I could find one somewhat bigger than this one with a handle on it so I don't drop it again (it gets slippery with lather and water when I shave). The nice thing about it is it has a rough clay texture all over it, but that still didn't make it non-droppable.  Sad

Any ideas what a medium or average-sized shaving bowl would measure in dimensions?

There is an excellent extended discussion of the same question in a thread that you started in this forum three months ago. Perhaps you could benefit from re-reading that thread from the top.
http://shavenook.com/showthread.php?tid=47160&pid=783786#pid783786

1 1,073
 06-15-2017, 05:00 AM
User Info
(06-15-2017, 04:05 AM)Mel S Meles Wrote:
(06-14-2017, 04:13 PM)punchy Wrote:     I just recently dropped my first shaving bowl and it chipped and cracked, but, fortunately, it didn't brake apart. It's a clay pottery type bowl. Is there any kind of way to fix the hairline crack it developed and the chip in the rim it now has?

There is an excellent extended discussion of the same question in a thread that you started in this forum three months ago.  Perhaps you could benefit from re-reading that thread from the top.
http://shavenook.com/showthread.php?tid=47160&pid=783786#pid783786
+1

39 3,915
 06-15-2017, 10:39 AM
User Info
Thanks for reminding me. I forgot about that. I haven't visited this forum for a while.

0 71