08-22-2012, 12:00 PM
  • beartrap
  • Resident Цирюльник
  • Southern California
User Info
I am in love with the new Windsor scent. I mean, I want to smell it daily and it doesn't happen to me too often. So I am looking into getting an EdT and wanted to open this discussion to justify my thinking.
I use Alt Innsbruck EdT as my aftershave splash and I love it. Can this be done with DR Harris? Ingredients aside what's the downside here? EdT does not have moisturizing properties? What else?

88 4,233
 08-22-2012, 06:31 PM
User Info
I don't know what Alt Innsbruck smells like, but Windsor is a spitting image of the Terre d'Hermes EdT. It's my favorite EdT, and has very similar properties. I just got the Windsor soap and the aftershave so I'm going to see how it pares with Terre d'Hermes.

72 1,407
 08-22-2012, 07:34 PM
User Info
Alt Innsbruck is an aftershave/cologne splash, the same with Aqua Velva musk - both can be used for these dual purposes. Regarding Windsor, I figure if they make a separate aftershave and separate cologne its probably best to use them for their original purpose. Using the cologne as an aftershave could be too drying as it probably lacks glycerin - which I believe Alt Innsbruck contains.

1 94
 08-23-2012, 04:52 AM
User Info
I also can't seem to find the ingredients for the Windsor aftershave online but from my experience, despite the intitial alcohol "burst" its very smoothing and moisturizing. I'm sure I could look it up, but I imagine that EdT has a much higher concentration of alcohol and does not contain moisturizing properties.

72 1,407