06-21-2017, 07:31 PM
User Info
I got in some Schick Proline AC type blades. If you like AC type razors you have to try this blade. It is the smoothest AC type blade I have ever used. With just one shave with them it's to soon to say it's my favorite but they are the smoothest that's for sure.

[Image: Arb82Sk.jpg]

5 1,562
 06-21-2017, 08:24 PM
User Info
I ordered 90 of them just because of the great reviews they get

0 212
 06-22-2017, 03:53 AM
User Info
(06-21-2017, 08:24 PM)bazemk Wrote: I ordered 90 of them just because of the great reviews they get

I've seen mixed reviews. One guy said they were aggressive but most guys say they are very smooth. I'm glad I bought them.

5 1,562
 06-22-2017, 04:28 AM
User Info
Best AC blades I have ever used.  No going back. Smooth and efficient.  Love them in the General.

1 98
 06-22-2017, 06:06 AM
User Info
Are these relatively new on the market?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

61 492
 06-22-2017, 08:37 AM
User Info
(06-22-2017, 06:06 AM)poonjaji Wrote: Are these relatively new on the market?

I think so. The first time I have ever heard of them was about 3 weeks ago. New to us anyway.

5 1,562
 06-22-2017, 09:07 AM
User Info
(06-22-2017, 06:06 AM)poonjaji Wrote: Are these relatively new on the market?

Been around for some time. Some more information here:
http://www.atgshaving.com/threads/schick...597/page-4

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

0 847
 06-22-2017, 12:09 PM
User Info
Thanks for the info!

61 492
 06-22-2017, 07:25 PM
User Info
Schick also produce the Schick Proline Type B blade, which is  38mm long,
I acquired some for use in a Supply Single Edge. Very good too.

Also have used them in a PAL injector-Matic. As they come in a dispenser with no key, they have to be cross loaded into an empty Injector Dispenser. Loading was easy and the Shave very good,

[Image: q4kdIiK.jpg]

0 277
 06-22-2017, 08:10 PM
  • Entasis
  • Atop the Razor's Edge
  • Southern California
User Info
(06-22-2017, 07:25 PM)MPF9ret Wrote: Schick also produce the Schick Proline Type B blade, which is  38mm long,
I acquired some for use in a Supply Single Edge. Verygppd too,

Also have used them in a PAL injector-Matic. As they come in a dispenser with no key, they have to be cross loaded into an empty Injector Dispenser. Loading was easy and the Shave very good,

How many blades are in a B-20 dispenser? Thanks.

13 626
 06-23-2017, 12:30 AM
User Info
(06-22-2017, 08:10 PM)Entasis Wrote:
(06-22-2017, 07:25 PM)MPF9ret Wrote: Schick also produce the Schick Proline Type B blade, which is  38mm long,
I acquired some for use in a Supply Single Edge. Verygppd too,

How many blades are in a B-20 dispenser? Thanks.

As far as I know the Type B comes  in a 20 blade dispenser.
The longer [50mm] Type P comes in 2 different dispensers
              20 blade= P-20
              30blade=  P-30

0 277
 09-06-2017, 06:23 AM
  • Kostas
  • SW suburb of Chicago
User Info
First shave with a Schick Proline this morning.  Loaded into El Jefe (mild "setting").  

Granted, my experience with the Schick is limited (at best), but this was the most effortless shave I've ever had with a single edge razor.  Didn't feel as sharp as the Feather or Kai blades, but very close, and more than compensated with comfort.  If these last me more than 10 shaves, might have to make a significant investment. 

Have a black anodized General heading my way, so will have to compare all 3 blades in that as well, but Prolines seem like winners at the moment.

6 57
 09-06-2017, 11:44 AM
User Info
I've been using a Proline recently - both in the Asylum RX and the ATT SE1, and agree with Kostas. It's sharp, but not as much as feather/kai. I did expect more smoothness in the RX, but I will say it has not disappointed and is solid from the first shave (whereas Feathers tend to settle down a bit after the first/second shave for me). It's provided close shaves, and I'm 8 in on the current blade. I certainly wouldn't hesitate to order in the future - I can see why many gents like them so.

29 1,207
 09-06-2017, 02:52 PM
User Info
excellent blades, smooth, sharp and long lasting

0 212
 09-07-2017, 09:38 AM
User Info
I like it in the Feather AC. There, I prefer it to the Feather Pro and the Kai's various blades. In the ATT SE1, I much prefer the Feather Pro. Go figure.

0 5
 09-07-2017, 10:34 AM
User Info
(09-07-2017, 09:38 AM)charlievarick Wrote: I like it in the Feather AC. There, I prefer it to the Feather Pro and the Kai's various blades. In the ATT SE1, I much prefer the Feather Pro. Go figure.

The ATT SE1 is a mild razor. The Feather Pro is sharper than the Schick, so it feels better in the milder razor.

5 1,562
 09-09-2017, 05:03 AM
User Info
(09-07-2017, 09:38 AM)charlievarick Wrote: I like it in the Feather AC. There, I prefer it to the Feather Pro and the Kai's various blades. In the ATT SE1, I much prefer the Feather Pro. Go figure.

In the Feather AC, you can take advantage of the sharper Schick Proline, using it at an extremely shallow angle. In the ATT SE1, either you are not getting the blade to the same angle or the razor design doesn't allow you to get the blade to the same angle as the Feather AC. The angle the SE1 allows is probably more of a scraping position. Using the sharper Schick Proline blades in a scraping position would be rougher than using the duller, more forgiving Feather Pro blades.

Focus on the "blade" being at the same angle in the Feather AC and ATT SE1. If the SE1 doesn't allow you to get the blade to the same angle as the Feather AC, then there's the difference.

For me, the Schick Proline is much sharper than the Feather Pro and Kai Mild, that's what makes them so smooth, their ability to slice through coarse stubble with ease! They perform best at a shallow str8 razor angle. I use them in the El Jefe and they are outstanding.

0 81
 09-09-2017, 05:17 AM
User Info
(09-06-2017, 11:44 AM)mike_the_kraken Wrote: I've been using a Proline recently - both in the Asylum RX and the ATT SE1, and agree with Kostas. It's sharp, but not as much as feather/kai. I did expect more smoothness in the RX, but I will say it has not disappointed and is solid from the first shave (whereas Feathers tend to settle down a bit after the first/second shave for me). It's provided close shaves, and I'm 8 in on the current blade. I certainly wouldn't hesitate to order in the future - I can see why many gents like them so.

I also agree with Kostas and Mike, the Feather Pro blades are the sharpest yet.

5 1,562
 09-09-2017, 08:08 AM
User Info
(09-06-2017, 11:44 AM)mike_the_kraken Wrote: I've been using a Proline recently - both in the Asylum RX and the ATT SE1, and agree with Kostas. It's sharp, but not as much as feather/kai. I did expect more smoothness in the RX, but I will say it has not disappointed and is solid from the first shave (whereas Feathers tend to settle down a bit after the first/second shave for me). It's provided close shaves, and I'm 8 in on the current blade. I certainly wouldn't hesitate to order in the future - I can see why many gents like them so.

The RX is the most aggressive AC SE razor I've used. I'm not sure why there's a safety bar at all, at a shallow angle, it's not touching my skin at all. Because if it's design, the entire bevel/grind, all of the facets hit the skin and make for a rough efficient shave. Take the same Schick Proline blade and put it in the El Jefe in its mildest position and you get the same efficiency with a much smoother shave. Put the same blade in the General with its more rounded cap, which restricts the Proline and it is smooth with the loss of some efficiency. With many, losing some efficiency from the extremely sharp Proline doesn't hurt.

Many people like the guarded Feather and Kai blades because the guard covers most of the bevel/grind leaving just the tip of the blade exposed.

Using the Proline in the Asylum RX and General is like using a Feather DE blade in a Fatip Piccolo and Gillette Tech. The Piccolo will allow the entire bevel/grind to hit the skin, which could feel rough, while Tech doesn't allow the entire bevel/grind to hit the skin, yet still getting an efficient shave.

The Schick Proline reduces my face and head shave with half the strokes it takes with a Feather Pro or Kai Mild PINK.

My experience with the RX/proline was rough yet very efficient. The Proline is perfect in the El Jefe.

(06-22-2017, 04:28 AM)kenloupa Wrote: Best AC blades I have ever used.  No going back. Smooth and efficient.  Love them in the General.

Thumbsup

0 81