06-22-2017, 10:09 AM
User Info
This has been discussed before in other threads, but I think that it would be good to revisit it. I have learned many things as I have been wet shaving.
Here are a few things that I have learned.
1. Time is your friend. Take the time to properly shave. This means properly prepping your face/neck, shaving, and then applying post shave. If you are don't have the time, use ac cartridge razor. You'll save your face/neck from being shredded.
2. Properly lather the soap or cream. Get enough soap/cream to get on your brush for a good lather. Then, using the brush work the soap/cream into a thick frothy lather so that it will protect your face.
3. Go slow. It doesn't matter if you make one pass or four. The slower you go the better the shave and less of a chance that you'll cut yourself.
4. Use aftershave. After all in the end, your scraping a metal razor across your face. Whether your preference is balm or splash, using an aftershave will moisturizer your face and help it heal.
5. Practice, Practice, Practice. The best way to improve your technique is by practicing. Practicing will also help you improve your lathering skills.

Wayne

0 50
 06-22-2017, 10:18 AM
User Info
Thanks, Wayne, this is a good set of reminders for all of us.  Methods may differ but the fundamentals of a good shave are captured in your summary.  Well done!

73 4,305
 09-07-2017, 08:30 PM
User Info
(06-22-2017, 10:09 AM)Wayjr Wrote: This has been discussed before in other threads, but I think that it would be good to revisit it. I have learned many things as I have been wet shaving.
Here are a few things that I have learned.
1.  Time is your friend. Take the time to properly shave. This means properly prepping your face/neck, shaving, and then applying post shave. If you are don't have the time, use ac cartridge razor. You'll save your face/neck from being shredded.
2.  Properly lather the soap or cream. Get enough soap/cream to get on your brush for a good lather. Then, using the brush work the soap/cream into a thick frothy lather so that it will protect your face.
3.  Go slow. It doesn't matter if you make one pass or four. The slower you go the better the shave and less of a chance that you'll cut yourself.
4. Use aftershave. After all in the end, your scraping a metal razor across your face.  Whether your preference is balm or splash, using an aftershave will moisturizer your face and help it heal.
5.  Practice, Practice, Practice.  The best way to improve your technique is by practicing. Practicing will also help you improve your lathering skills.

Wayne

Love your points. I would add "use no pressure!"

0 5
 10-14-2017, 05:35 AM
User Info
I think the most important thing I've learned is to use the reduction method and not try to get BBS in one pass.

1 48