08-22-2012, 12:56 PM
  • beartrap
  • Resident Цирюльник
  • Southern California
User Info
I am almost certain that we have no members from that part of the world but it's worth a shot...
I'll be visiting Peru in 2 weeks and as always, on any trip, I would "need" to find a shaving shop (supermarket, pharmacy, input your favorite store here). I know if that was Europe I'd get a million locations... Anyone?
Even if you have knowledge of where to get it, maybe you know what local products they make in Peru?

88 4,233
 08-22-2012, 01:25 PM
  • Teiste
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • Salt Lake City,UT
User Info
(08-22-2012, 12:56 PM)beartrap Wrote: I am almost certain that we have no members from that part of the world but it's worth a shot...
I'll be visiting Peru in 2 weeks and as always, on any trip, I would "need" to find a shaving shop (supermarket, pharmacy, input your favorite store here). I know if that was Europe I'd get a million locations... Anyone?
Even if you have knowledge of where to get it, maybe you know what local products they make in Peru?

My friend :

there are some Peruvians and Ecuatorians members at foroafeitado,and Im afraid that no,basically nothing to find there regarding traditional wet shaving,but the regular Gillette multiblades and the canned foam/gel.
Maybe some after shaves and thats all.I will ask them again, anyways.

86 7,123
 08-22-2012, 01:29 PM
  • beartrap
  • Resident Цирюльник
  • Southern California
User Info
(08-22-2012, 01:25 PM)Teiste Wrote:
(08-22-2012, 12:56 PM)beartrap Wrote: I am almost certain that we have no members from that part of the world but it's worth a shot...

My friend :

there are some Peruvians and Ecuatorians members at foroafeitado,and Im afraid that no,basically nothing to find there regarding traditional wet shaving,but the regular Gillette multiblades and the canned foam/gel.
Maybe some after shaves and thats all.I will ask them again, anyways.

I was afraid of that... Ask anyway, T. maybe they've invented something Biggrin
Thank you!

88 4,233
 08-22-2012, 02:11 PM
User Info
My understanding of history is that native Americans would pluck out the facial hair. That or they used obsidian blades.

I really don't know as I don't think much research has been done on the subject.

9 2,988
 08-22-2012, 09:06 PM
User Info
Steve, good luck finding something on your travels.

75 20,883
 09-09-2012, 06:09 PM
  • beartrap
  • Resident Цирюльник
  • Southern California
User Info
Well, this is confirmed! There is not one person in Peru uses anything but carts and electrics. Even their loccitane shop never heard of Cade soap OR shaving brush.
I guess, I'll have to wait for my Christmas trip to Europe to satisfy my SAD.

88 4,233