10-05-2017, 01:24 PM
User Info
We're going to be delayed by probably about a week. The stands are flawless. The base plates are almost perfect, but there was a slip up somewhere and the markers (two small dots) to identify the plates as Level Two were not added. So the shop is adding them to the parts they've run and they'll ship some out hopefully tomorrow. That means they won't likely arrive until early next week. It's a frustrating and silly mistake, but things could always be worse.

On the upside, the Level Two base plates shave excellently. They offer a fair bump in efficiency, but are still incredibly smooth and comfortable. If you are looking for the R41 of GEMs, this isn't it. But if you are looking for a touch more aggressiveness, blade feel, and efficiency than the L1 Sabre, you will be pleased.

0 643
 10-05-2017, 01:56 PM
User Info
Now I'm waiting for an L3 ...

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

0 57
 10-05-2017, 02:03 PM
User Info
(10-05-2017, 01:56 PM)CzechCzar Wrote: Now I'm waiting for an L3 ...

Unlikely Smile.

0 643
 10-05-2017, 02:06 PM
User Info
(10-05-2017, 02:03 PM)Blackland Razors Wrote:
(10-05-2017, 01:56 PM)CzechCzar Wrote: Now I'm waiting for an L3 ...

Unlikely Smile.

Looking forward to it Shane!! Love my Sabre and can’t wait to try the new L2!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 876
 10-05-2017, 02:42 PM
User Info
(10-05-2017, 01:24 PM)Blackland Razors Wrote: We're going to be delayed by probably about a week. The stands are flawless. The base plates are almost perfect, but there was a slip up somewhere and the markers (two small dots) to identify the plates as Level Two were not added. So the shop is adding them to the parts they've run and they'll ship some out hopefully tomorrow. That means they won't likely arrive until early next week. It's a frustrating and silly mistake, but things could always be worse.

On the upside, the Level Two base plates shave excellently. They offer a fair bump in efficiency, but are still incredibly smooth and comfortable. If you are looking for the R41 of GEMs, this isn't it. But if you are looking for a touch more aggressiveness, blade feel, and efficiency than the L1 Sabre, you will be pleased.

WHHHYYYYYY?????!!!
SNIFFF....SNIFFF.....
[Image: VjlmyvG.gif]

1 121
 10-05-2017, 03:41 PM
User Info
(10-05-2017, 01:24 PM)Blackland Razors Wrote: We're going to be delayed by probably about a week. The stands are flawless. The base plates are almost perfect, but there was a slip up somewhere and the markers (two small dots) to identify the plates as Level Two were not added. So the shop is adding them to the parts they've run and they'll ship some out hopefully tomorrow. That means they won't likely arrive until early next week. It's a frustrating and silly mistake, but things could always be worse.

This description sounds perfect. Now I'm even more excited to get one. I have learned to make the L1 Sabre work fantastically for me. I have barely touched any other razor since having acquired this. The L2 sounds like a perfect Step Up.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

0 47
 10-05-2017, 04:29 PM
  • Nero
  • Ban Groupthink from Earth
  • le montagne
User Info
Great news, I'm extra excited for this!

59 2,818
 10-14-2017, 01:41 AM
User Info
Any update?  Curious to see some more reviews on the L2.

53 1,199
 10-15-2017, 10:01 AM
User Info
(10-14-2017, 01:41 AM)david1201 Wrote: Any update?  Curious to see some more reviews on the L2.

No real update except to say that we're still working on these and they're taking a bit longer than I'd hoped. I'll update as soon as I have any news!

0 643
 10-16-2017, 05:06 PM
User Info
I tried to get my Sabre rhodium plated @ Razor Emporium but they couldn’t get the rhodium to stick. The steel was too high grade. They polished it for me instead and looks great. [Image: 4e7b9d17b29a32ac0aa588ef13b33506.jpg]

0 47
 10-16-2017, 05:10 PM
User Info
(10-01-2017, 05:20 PM)Shavemd Wrote: Can’t wait to try the level 2 plate. Is there going to be a set of level 1 & 2 plates as a complete razor?

(10-16-2017, 05:06 PM)Flyingbald Wrote: I tried to get my Sabre rhodium plated @ Razor Emporium but they couldn’t get the rhodium to stick. The steel was too high grade. They polished it for me instead and looks great. [Image: 4e7b9d17b29a32ac0aa588ef13b33506.jpg]

We'll done! Shame about the rhodium, but I'm glad they could shine it up for you.

0 643
 Yesterday, 12:02 PM
User Info
A quick update from Blackland on a Facebook post....

The Level Two Sabre. Subtle changes make a big difference. To notch up the aggressiveness of the incredibly smooth Level One Sabre, we did two things. First we stepped up the blade gap from 0.6mm to 0.9mm. Then we shortened the safety bar to increase the blade exposure and blade feel. The result is a razor that is efficient with a bit a blade feel while still retaining the smoothness and ease of use that makes the Sabre such a phenomenal platform.

Production should be wrapping up shortly. These base plates will be available both individually as well part of an assembled Sabre.
http://www.blacklandrazors.com
#shaveoftheday #wetshaving #shaving #classicshave #classicman #shavelikeaman #shavelikeyourgrandpa #safetyrazor #DErazor #blackbirdrazor #cnc #polishing #shaving #machinists #sanfrancisco #GEM

[Image: YuNMsuu.jpg]

1 121