12-09-2017, 09:15 AM
User Info
I've been away from the Sabre L2 for a couple of weeks.  Just back to it today.  Wow, very nice shaver.  Smooth 2 pass + touchup BBS.  Very easy to use.  

[Image: n7WjGz6.jpg]

23 1,939
 01-03-2018, 02:56 PM
User Info
I used the Sabre 2 today for the first time. I like the first but it’s not as close a shaver as the second. The newer version is still comfortable too. I really enjoyed the shave and don’t really foresee I time I would use version 1 anymore.

4 878
 03-09-2018, 05:22 PM
User Info
Mine came today. Can't wait for Morning, Christmas in March.... Aaaaa
[Image: bstM49X.jpg]

0 194
 03-09-2018, 07:07 PM
User Info
(03-09-2018, 05:22 PM)zipper Wrote: Mine came today. Can't wait for Morning, Christmas in March.... Aaaaa

Congrats. Enjoy the shaves!

1 193
 03-09-2018, 08:15 PM
User Info
(03-09-2018, 05:22 PM)zipper Wrote: Mine came today. Can't wait for Morning, Christmas in March.... Aaaaa

Sweeeeet! Enjoy it and let me know if you have any questions.

0 710
 03-09-2018, 09:19 PM
  • pbrmhl
  • Seattle
User Info
I went back to my Level 2 Sabre yesterday, and really enjoyed it. The design, engineering and execution are flawless. As a blade-forward guy, however, I do wish there would exist a Level 3 (or 4). Perhaps Shane is seeking contrast between his other great razor, the Blackbird (very blade-forward on my face), and the Sabre. Who knows? In any event, I'm sure there are at least a few of us who would love the option of Levels 3 or 4. Until then, I'll enjoy my Sabre Level 2 from time to time.

7 450
 03-10-2018, 05:32 AM
User Info
(03-09-2018, 09:19 PM)pbrmhl Wrote: I went back to my Level 2 Sabre yesterday, and really enjoyed it. The design, engineering and execution are flawless. As a blade-forward guy, however, I do wish there would exist a Level 3 (or 4). Perhaps Shane is seeking contrast between his other great razor, the Blackbird (very blade-forward on my face), and the Sabre. Who knows? In any event, I'm sure there are at least a few of us who would love the option of Levels 3 or 4. Until then, I'll enjoy my Sabre Level 2 from time to time.

I'd agree that this isn't the most aggressive razor, however it is extremely efficient!  I'm getting closer shaves with my Sabre Level 2 than any of my other, more aggressive, SE razors.  

Great razor that is a long-term keeper for me!

54 1,226
 03-10-2018, 01:24 PM
User Info
(03-09-2018, 09:19 PM)pbrmhl Wrote: I went back to my Level 2 Sabre yesterday, and really enjoyed it. The design, engineering and execution are flawless. As a blade-forward guy, however, I do wish there would exist a Level 3 (or 4). Perhaps Shane is seeking contrast between his other great razor, the Blackbird (very blade-forward on my face), and the Sabre. Who knows? In any event, I'm sure there are at least a few of us who would love the option of Levels 3 or 4. Until then, I'll enjoy my Sabre Level 2 from time to time.

That's a big part of it. The Sabre was never intended to be an aggressive razor. Its purpose is to be easy to use, smooth, and comfortable. Both L1 and L2 stay true to that original concept. Maybe a further level will come some day, but for now I'm very pleased with the Sabre platform and aside from new finishes I'm switching my focus to new designs.

0 710
 03-10-2018, 04:41 PM
User Info
(03-10-2018, 01:24 PM)Blackland Razors Wrote:

That's a big part of it. The Sabre was never intended to be an aggressive razor. Its purpose is to be easy to use, smooth, and comfortable. Both L1 and L2 stay true to that original concept. Maybe a further level will come some day, but for now I'm very pleased with the Sabre platform and aside from new finishes I'm switching my focus to new designs.
What new designs are you working on? Are you working on an Artist Club SE razor by chance? If so, is there anything you can say about it? Are you aiming at more aggressive or smooth or... ?

0 56
 03-10-2018, 07:16 PM
User Info

(03-10-2018, 04:41 PM)DEKey Wrote:

What new designs are you working on? Are you working on an Artist Club SE razor by chance? If so, is there anything you can say about it? Are you aiming at more aggressive or smooth or... ?

We have an AC and a new DE slated for production this spring/summer. Not willing to give many details yet. All in good time.

0 710
 03-10-2018, 07:44 PM
User Info
(03-10-2018, 07:16 PM)Blackland Razors Wrote:

(03-10-2018, 01:24 PM)Blackland Razors Wrote: That's a big part of it. The Sabre was never intended to be an aggressive razor. Its purpose is to be easy to use, smooth, and comfortable. Both L1 and L2 stay true to that original concept. Maybe a further level will come some day, but for now I'm very pleased with the Sabre platform and aside from new finishes I'm switching my focus to new designs.

We have an AC and a new DE slated for production this spring/summer. Not willing to give many details yet. All in good time.
Thanks

0 56
 03-10-2018, 07:52 PM
User Info
(03-10-2018, 07:16 PM)Blackland Razors Wrote: We have an AC and a new DE slated for production this spring/summer. Not willing to give many details yet. All in good time.

Thumbup Shane, we'll look forward to details on the new AC razor.

51 7,167
 03-11-2018, 03:17 AM
User Info

The Sabre is a fantastic razor! I love this razor and a great daily driver.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 108
 03-11-2018, 05:21 PM
User Info
Shane if you need a tester for your new gear I’m free! I’m sure the new razors will be awesome, look forward to giving them a try. Love my 3 I have.

4 162
 03-11-2018, 07:48 PM
User Info
(03-11-2018, 05:21 PM)Shavemd Wrote: Shane if you need a tester for your new gear I’m free! I’m sure the new razors will be awesome, look forward to giving them a try. Love my 3 I have.

I’m happy to test as well! Any chance we can get some titanium?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 108
 03-11-2018, 08:43 PM
User Info
Thanks for the offers, guys. No current need for new testers, but I’ll keep you in mind. Titanium may come down the line, but it’s not a priority. If we can make it fairly cost effective we’ll do it, but last quotes put the Ti retail at far higher than I want.

0 710
 03-12-2018, 05:15 AM
User Info
(03-10-2018, 07:16 PM)Blackland Razors Wrote:

(03-10-2018, 01:24 PM)Blackland Razors Wrote: That's a big part of it. The Sabre was never intended to be an aggressive razor. Its purpose is to be easy to use, smooth, and comfortable. Both L1 and L2 stay true to that original concept. Maybe a further level will come some day, but for now I'm very pleased with the Sabre platform and aside from new finishes I'm switching my focus to new designs.

Excellent. Looking forward to the next couple of months as your stable of products continues to grow. Have both the AC & DE razors been prototyped yet? Or still in schematics? Thanks for any info.....

1 193
 03-12-2018, 08:14 AM
User Info
(03-12-2018, 05:15 AM)SteelyEdge Wrote:
(03-10-2018, 07:16 PM)Blackland Razors Wrote:

(03-10-2018, 04:41 PM)DEKey Wrote: What new designs are you working on? Are you working on an Artist Club SE razor by chance? If so, is there anything you can say about it? Are you aiming at more aggressive or smooth or... ?

Excellent. Looking forward to the next couple of months as your stable of products continues to grow. Have both the AC & DE razors been prototyped yet? Or still in schematics? Thanks for any info.....

Prototypes have been completed. They're in line for production now and will hit the mill in the next couple months. I've decided for these razors that I'll keep the details quiet until just before the release.

0 710
 03-12-2018, 01:06 PM
User Info
(03-12-2018, 08:14 AM)Blackland Razors Wrote:
(03-12-2018, 05:15 AM)SteelyEdge Wrote:
(03-10-2018, 07:16 PM)Blackland Razors Wrote: We have an AC and a new DE slated for production this spring/summer. Not willing to give many details yet. All in good time.

Prototypes have been completed. They're in line for production now and will hit the mill in the next couple months. I've decided for these razors that I'll keep the details quiet until just before the release.

Saweeet! Thanks....

1 193
 03-12-2018, 02:05 PM
User Info
(03-12-2018, 01:06 PM)SteelyEdge Wrote:
(03-12-2018, 08:14 AM)Blackland Razors Wrote:
(03-12-2018, 05:15 AM)SteelyEdge Wrote: Excellent. Looking forward to the next couple of months as your stable of products continues to grow. Have both the AC & DE razors been prototyped yet? Or still in schematics? Thanks for any info.....

Saweeet! Thanks....
You're such a tease. LOL

Really looking forward to what you come out with next.

0 56