08-23-2012, 07:04 AM
User Info
I just got a Frank 21mm synthetic brush. During the first test lathering, the knot fell out. Turns out it was glued in with hot glue. The knot worked well though. If I can't get it replaced, I may use the knot in a small brush restore. Unfortunately, the hot glue was sloppily applied, so even that may be tough.

But that got me to wondering: How does the Frank synthetic knot compare with The Body Shop synthetic in size and performance? My guess is that the TBS knot is smaller in diameter and loft.

7 138
 08-23-2012, 08:24 AM
  • Teiste
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • Salt Lake City,UT
User Info
Hello David.
I dont have the 21 mm FS,but I have the 24 mm one,and also a TBS brush.Im sure that the 21 mm FS and TBS brush are basically the same.The FS 24 mm has the same synthetic fibre than the TBS brush,but since has more fibre,due to its bigger knot,the performance is slightly different.

86 7,123
 08-23-2012, 07:48 PM
User Info
i have never tried TBS brushes, but i can say that the 24mm FS brushes are superb! The handles are weighted quite well and the knot is very nice. These things are fantastic lather monsters for their price. The bristles take a while to get less "springy", but they work, fantastically. Well worth the investment, in my opinion. Good luck.

74 20,791