12-27-2017, 04:32 AM
  • toc
  • Ex-Lurker
User Info
A slant razor!

Seriously though, that’s unacceptable for the price of the razor. Looks like it wasn’t even inspected before shipping out.

0 4
 12-27-2017, 11:08 AM
User Info
I called RE yesterday and left a VM with Matt P.  I am awaiting a return call to get the ball rolling for the remedy process.  I will update the thread of the progress and process as it happens.  

@Mogaert Sorry to hear your second Rex is experiencing this issue!

0 10
 12-28-2017, 02:37 PM
  • Lando
  • This deal is getting worse all the time
  • Bellevue, WA
User Info
Mine had a slight version of the uneven blade gap problem but it seemed to go away after playing with the adjustment a little.  The first shave was very smooth on setting 2.
This razor feels great in the hand.  The knurling is the best I've ever seen.

[Image: VFXhOIz.jpg]

19 454
 12-29-2017, 08:54 PM
User Info
I spoke with Matt Thursday afternoon and described the problem to him.  He sent me a return shipping label and the Rex Ambassador is on its' way back to AZ to have the blade gap issue remedied.  Matt was very receptive and very eager to make sure the issue is resolved.    He did indicate they were scrambling trying to get as many orders out for Christmas as the could and during the chaos, a few razors may have missed the final QA checks.

On a more positive note, I received my Gibbs No.17 yesterday.  Outstanding razor, very high quality.  I will have my first shave with it tonight and am very much looking forward to it.  I will compare the shave with Rex to the a shave with the Gibbs after the Rex is returned.

0 10
 12-29-2017, 08:57 PM
User Info
@Lando I agree!  The Ambassador feels great in the hand and the knurling is top notch.  I can see a difference in the blade gap on your from side to side but not as severe as mine.  Glad to hear the shave was great, looking forward to getting mine back for its' maiden shave.

0 10
 12-31-2017, 10:04 AM
  • Lando
  • This deal is getting worse all the time
  • Bellevue, WA
User Info
You're right soundtrek, the blade gap remains slightly uneven, and seems worse on the higher settings.  But I really haven't noticed it to effect the shave.  I'd be curious to know if they can fix the issue completely, looking forward to reading an update from you.

19 454
 01-08-2018, 10:21 PM
User Info
Thanks to a member ShaveMD who sent his Rex to me so that I can do a shave comparison between the Rex and a Gibbs 17.  As soon as I got it and inspected it for any shipping issues which there wasn't as Mark had packed it really well but over the last couple of days since getting it I've noticed 3 issues on his Rex so far and a NOTE: this razor was already sent back once for finish issues. There is a slight blade gap issue that increases as you dial it up to the higher settings but it's not as bad as some I've seen posted on here but it's there for sure.  2nd issue is if your looking down from a top view of the razor there is a difference in blade exposure or lets say there is a difference in the space between the inside of the SB and the head as one side is slightly wider than the other and I wish I had a measurement tool to get exact numbers. Also there is a little ruff spot under the SB that's just about on the edge on just one side and it needs to be buffed off as you can feel as you shave with it depending on what setting your using. Also I don't remember who stated that he thought the fit and finish was on par with a Wolfman, Timeless and Charcoal..well I'm not sure where he got that from but sorry it is just not in the same league as those 3 mentioned.. I do however think it's a great undertaking to try and create a US made adjustable and I give the crew at RE credit for that but to me this razor needs some improvements, refinements and some better QC and it would be a winner in my humble opinion. 

As far as shaves goes I will do a few more comparison shaves before posting my final findings but I will say this, I will never use a Nacet blade in the Rex again! Not a match made in heaven!  

I know some in this thread like the knurling on the handle but honestly I find it a bit sharp to the touch. ATT Kronos handle is a bit like that but not as sharp as the Rex. To me perfect knurling would be like what's on a NEW Deluxe Big Boy for example. Great grip but not as sharp and perfectly machined. Just to be clear I've got a NOS one so it's not because of age and usage if someone is thinking that is was worn down and that's why the knurling is smooth.

0 232
 01-15-2018, 10:33 AM
User Info
A shave comparison between the Rex Ambassador and the Gibbs #17 Adjustable razors 

Hi all- just letting you know up front this is a long thread and not a quick read!

I'd like to start this thread out by saying thank you to member Mark aka
 @Shavemd for sending me his Rex Ambassador adjustable razor to try out and do this comparison with that I know is a comparison that more than few people have asked for me to do. I've had it over a week now and have shaved with it 4 times so I felt that I've gotten all the info I need to post my opinion, comments and this shave comparison to the members on here. I shaved twice with just the Rex by itself and twice comparing it to the Vintage Gibbs # 17 that was supposedly one of the two vintage razors that inspired the Rex. The other was the Fatboy but to be honest other than the length of the razor, which is closer to the Fatboy than the Gibbs, I mostly see a much stronger resemblance to the Gibbs especially in the head. To me the handle looks like neither. Maybe some of you will see it differently and I welcome your comments.

A little mention about the Rex razor, when I first saw a photo of the SS Rex I thought what a handsome razor as it looked very high polished in the first photos I saw of it and it had the unique Gibbs style head which I really like.  At that point the razor was not yet released but I was very interested in it but didn't do a preorder. Thought I'd wait for the release and reviews. I'm glad I did as some of you may know it's had some first batch issues with fit and finish, QC and blade alignment. Also the razor was not high polished as seen in the fist photos but more of a satin finish SS razor which I was cool with. Also I'd like to make a note, I have no association with the retailers of the Rex so I can only go by what is in my hand and what my impressions of the razor are both in appearance, fit and finish and of course how it shaves.

I know that Mark has sent this particular razor back to RE once already for finish issues which I believe he thought were taken care of and he may chime in on this and explain if he chooses. So with that said as soon as I opened the box and inspected it to make sure there was not damage from shipping (which there wasn't as Mark packed it perfectly) I looked over the razor real good and saw at that time one flaw that jumped out at me. That was a burr that was under one of the straight bars and it almost felt sharp to the touch. I felt on my face only on the higher setting when I shaved with it so from that point on I only shaved with the other side to avoid a possible nick from the burr.  When I went to load a blade that was when I noticed the alignment issue and although Marks Rex is not as bad or pronounced as some I've seen posted it's there for sure. In fact some people on the Internet are calling it the " Slant look " issue. 
The 3rd issue is the difference in the amount of space there is between the inside of the straight bar and the side of the head on just the one side as the one side has a wider gap than the other. Although Marks Rex has minor issues compared to others I've seen it may have affected the outcome of this shave comparison. Not 100% sure. I will give credit to RE for coming out with a US made Adjustable razor but in my humble opinion the razor need some addressing in the areas of fit and finish, manufacturing consistency and overall QC. I think they'd have a winner in this razor if they could accomplish these things in future batches. Also this would help to get rid of the dark cloud that hangs over this razor that I've seen on all the shave forums that I belong to regarding all the issues this razor seems to be plagued with since it's launch. Concept was good but sadly in my opinion the execution was not so good at this point.  

I'm sure there are a few threads on the Gibbs adjustable. It was dated back to 1937 and if not the first adjustable it was certainly one of the first along with the Apollo Mikron and there may be others I don't know of.  There were two models of the adjustable Gibbs and they are the #15 and #17.  Both Chrome plated over brass. I believe there was also a #15 that came in a Gold finished aluminum and was substantially lighter than the chrome. I have both the #15 and the # 17 models in my den. I used the #17 in this shave comparison and it’s in user grade condition and a permanent razor in my rotation. I have 1 NOS and 2 others in mint condition that I've been fortunate enough to obtain in the last year or so overseas. 

So on with the shaves. I decided to do two different shave comparisons where on one shave I used the traditional 3 pass WTG, XTG and ATG pass using the more commonly used long stroke technique. The other I used a more non traditional skin stretch short stroke technique doing a WTG & ATG 2 pass shave with a shaving soap water buffing pass afterwards on some of my troubled spots like under my jawline and on one side of my neck where I have a nasty cowlick.

So this doesn't take forever for you gentlemen to read I'm just going to just post shaving highlights from both shaves.
Razors used:
Rex Ambassador adjustable
Gibbs #17 Adjustable
Blades used Polsilver - modified for the Gibbs.  BTW it takes like 20 seconds to do with a cheap $7 hole punch.

NOTE: Settings I used on the Rex was 4 1/2 on the first shave and by eyeballing the gap that equaled a number 5 setting on the Gibbs, which goes up to 6. I tried the Rex on max setting on the first shave and because the blade alignment progressively gets worse as you dial it up it was not comfortable as all on the skin and so I dialed it down to a 4 1/2 as the highest setting I used in the next 3 shaves with it. 

NOTE: In my first shave with the Rex all by itself I used a Nacet blade and it was one of those OMG shaves where it felt so bad against my skin I stopped midway through the 1st pass and changed to a Astra blade which resulted in what I'd call a not to good shave, one weeper and one nick both which I got from the Nacet blade. There was also and a lot of irritation at the end of the shave but just where I had used the Nacet blade.  Ended up with a DFS but at that point I was ready to send it back to Mark but my next shave using the Polsilver and making sure the blade was aligned as best I could made a difference which will be explained in the shave comparison. So Nacet and Rex not a match made in heaven at least not for me. 

Shave #1
Pass #1 WTG - Long Strokes - Gave the more difficult side of my face to the Gibbs as I know how it shaves so the Rex got the easier side of my face and neck for this shave. I started with the Gibbs and got the normal smooth yet efficient 1st pass. Had it set on 5 for the 1st pass and besides the smoothness I love the maneuverability of this little guy. If all things were perfect just a little longer handle would be even better. So on to the Rex and you can really feel the blade and it sings a pretty loud song as far as audio feedback goes. I liked the balance of the razor in my hand and this is where I connected the feel somewhere between the Fatboy and the Gibbs but to me the only connection to the Fatboy that I get from it. Anyway finished the first pass and both sides felt about the same at this point. So on to the 2nd pass XTG ear to nose. Back to the Gibbs another silky smooth pass and just a note. Lather moves nicely threw the Gibbs as well. The Gibbs does have blade feel and audio feedback but sings a much softer song than the Rex does. My two favorite blades in the Gibbs btw are the Posliver and the kai just for those that want to know. So on to the Rex and again blade feel on this pass. What I didn't like was trying to move around my lips as it wasn't catching all the stubble very well but under the nose was no problem. Again almost the same results except around my lips on the Rex side. So pretty good up to this point. 3rd pass ATG. I knocked down the setting on both razors for this pass to a 3 1/2 on the Rex and 4 on the Gibbs. This pass is where I noticed a difference. While the Gibbs was very smooth and very maneuverable the Rex wasn't and I could start to feel some blade chatter and could start to feel some irritation developing as it was not as smooth as the Gibbs and more importantly it seemed to skip spots. I will note I used little to no pressure when using either of these two razors as the weight of the Rex is quite hefty and the head on the Gibbs is no lightweight So at the end of the 3rd ATG pass I had to go over the area around my lips with the Gibbs to get rid of the stubble on the Rex's side that I wasn't able to get to match in closeness to the Gibbs side.
So to summarize the first shave comparison Both sides were at an entry level 1 BBS shave but I'd have to give it to the vintage Gibbs as it was the smoother and more maneuverable razor and the fact that it had the harder side of my face to shave along with the fact it took care of all areas equally as opposed to the Rex which didn't get as good around my lips and it took more extra strokes to knock down my stubble so that both sides were evenly shaved. 

Next Shave
Same razors and same tools

NOTE: So on this the last shave comparison I did I'm using the skin stretch short stroke progressive beard reduction technique I came up with for myself which I'd be willing to share if anyone has an interest in knowing about it.  I've shared it with some forum members and some shaving friends as well so feel free to message me and I doing some drawings and instructions which when finished I'll post up for those that have asked for a visual as I don't do videos yet. NOTE: I use this technique when I'm using more efficient or what some may call aggressive razors and want to do a shave with less passes. I also find I get less irritation when using a very efficient razor with this technique. It's similar to a straight razor technique only because of the more maneuverability of a DE or SE razor it's been somewhat modified.

On to the shave and the 1st pass - WTG. This time I wanted to give the Rex the challenge of taking on my more difficult side to shave. Started on the Rex side and the first pass was not bad as it took down my 2 day stubble pretty well and I'll make a note that with all the shaves with the Rex (except for the first shave with the Nacet blade) I’d call the best passes with the Rex have been the WTG pass. Don't know why just is and very noticeable. So on to the Gibbs side. Now I know what this razor can do using the short stroke technique and no disappointment here. Smooth and efficient and if I were going to work and wanted a really good CCS/DFS shave I'd just stop after the first pass. So a great pass! Next on to the ATG pass with the Rex. I really put a very good lather on my face for this pass and the Rex seemed to like this technique much better than the long strokes I had used on the last shave as I didn't get any chattering and no skips. Blade and audio feedback was loud and clear as usual and this pass was much better than the first time going ATG, but at the end of the day this razor is just not as smooth as the Gibbs as least this one Rex I had in my hand wasn't. Again it may be due to the issues it has. An once again it had a problem getting me close around my lips and I went over it a few times but then moved on. Overall I felt it got me close but I know by feel that I'd have to do some shave water buffing on some of my troubled spots on that one side of my face and neck so I took some shave soap water and did a buffing on my cowlick and jawline but picked up the Gibbs to do around my lips on that side. Finished with a solid BBS level 1 shave on the Rex side but I was at a Level 2 on the Gibbs side and I solidified that with both a cotton test after the shave and as the beard grew out over the next two days. So my conclusion is in these two shave offs the Gibbs was the clear winner and remains my favorite DE adjustable so far.

Feedback is always welcome and I hope you enjoyed the shave comparison.

Thanks!

0 232
 01-15-2018, 11:34 AM
User Info
(01-15-2018, 10:33 AM)Wanderer66 Wrote: A shave comparison between the Rex Ambassador and the Gibbs #17 Adjustable razors 

Hi all- just letting you know up front this is a long thread and not a quick read!

I'd like to start this thread out by saying thank you to member Mark aka
 @Shavemd for sending me his Rex Ambassador adjustable razor to try out and do this comparison with that I know is a comparison that more than few people have asked for me to do. I've had it over a week now and have shaved with it 4 times so I felt that I've gotten all the info I need to post my opinion, comments and this shave comparison to the members on here. I shaved twice with just the Rex by itself and twice comparing it to the Vintage Gibbs # 17 that was supposedly one of the two vintage razors that inspired the Rex. The other was the Fatboy but to be honest other than the length of the razor, which is closer to the Fatboy than the Gibbs, I mostly see a much stronger resemblance to the Gibbs especially in the head. To me the handle looks like neither. Maybe some of you will see it differently and I welcome your comments.

A little mention about the Rex razor, when I first saw a photo of the SS Rex I thought what a handsome razor as it looked very high polished in the first photos I saw of it and it had the unique Gibbs style head which I really like.  At that point the razor was not yet released but I was very interested in it but didn't do a preorder. Thought I'd wait for the release and reviews. I'm glad I did as some of you may know it's had some first batch issues with fit and finish, QC and blade alignment. Also the razor was not high polished as seen in the fist photos but more of a satin finish SS razor which I was cool with. Also I'd like to make a note, I have no association with the retailers of the Rex so I can only go by what is in my hand and what my impressions of the razor are both in appearance, fit and finish and of course how it shaves.

I know that Mark has sent this particular razor back to RE once already for finish issues which I believe he thought were taken care of and he may chime in on this and explain if he chooses. So with that said as soon as I opened the box and inspected it to make sure there was not damage from shipping (which there wasn't as Mark packed it perfectly) I looked over the razor real good and saw at that time one flaw that jumped out at me. That was a burr that was under one of the straight bars and it almost felt sharp to the touch. I felt on my face only on the higher setting when I shaved with it so from that point on I only shaved with the other side to avoid a possible nick from the burr.  When I went to load a blade that was when I noticed the alignment issue and although Marks Rex is not as bad or pronounced as some I've seen posted it's there for sure. In fact some people on the Internet are calling it the " Slant look " issue. 
The 3rd issue is the difference in the amount of space there is between the inside of the straight bar and the side of the head on just the one side as the one side has a wider gap than the other. Although Marks Rex has minor issues compared to others I've seen it may have affected the outcome of this shave comparison. Not 100% sure. I will give credit to RE for coming out with a US made Adjustable razor but in my humble opinion the razor need some addressing in the areas of fit and finish, manufacturing consistency and overall QC. I think they'd have a winner in this razor if they could accomplish these things in future batches. Also this would help to get rid of the dark cloud that hangs over this razor that I've seen on all the shave forums that I belong to regarding all the issues this razor seems to be plagued with since it's launch. Concept was good but sadly in my opinion the execution was not so good at this point.  

I'm sure there are a few threads on the Gibbs adjustable. It was dated back to 1937 and if not the first adjustable it was certainly one of the first along with the Apollo Mikron and there may be others I don't know of.  There were two models of the adjustable Gibbs and they are the #15 and #17.  Both Chrome plated over brass. I believe there was also a #15 that came in a Gold finished aluminum and was substantially lighter than the chrome. I have both the #15 and the # 17 models in my den. I used the #17 in this shave comparison and it’s in user grade condition and a permanent razor in my rotation. I have 1 NOS and 2 others in mint condition that I've been fortunate enough to obtain in the last year or so overseas. 

So on with the shaves. I decided to do two different shave comparisons where on one shave I used the traditional 3 pass WTG, XTG and ATG pass using the more commonly used long stroke technique. The other I used a more non traditional skin stretch short stroke technique doing a WTG & ATG 2 pass shave with a shaving soap water buffing pass afterwards on some of my troubled spots like under my jawline and on one side of my neck where I have a nasty cowlick.

So this doesn't take forever for you gentlemen to read I'm just going to just post shaving highlights from both shaves.
Razors used:
Rex Ambassador adjustable
Gibbs #17 Adjustable
Blades used Polsilver - modified for the Gibbs.  BTW it takes like 20 seconds to do with a cheap $7 hole punch.

NOTE: Settings I used on the Rex was 4 1/2 on the first shave and by eyeballing the gap that equaled a number 5 setting on the Gibbs, which goes up to 6. I tried the Rex on max setting on the first shave and because the blade alignment progressively gets worse as you dial it up it was not comfortable as all on the skin and so I dialed it down to a 4 1/2 as the highest setting I used in the next 3 shaves with it. 

NOTE: In my first shave with the Rex all by itself I used a Nacet blade and it was one of those OMG shaves where it felt so bad against my skin I stopped midway through the 1st pass and changed to a Astra blade which resulted in what I'd call a not to good shave, one weeper and one nick both which I got from the Nacet blade. There was also and a lot of irritation at the end of the shave but just where I had used the Nacet blade.  Ended up with a DFS but at that point I was ready to send it back to Mark but my next shave using the Polsilver and making sure the blade was aligned as best I could made a difference which will be explained in the shave comparison. So Nacet and Rex not a match made in heaven at least not for me. 

Shave #1
Pass #1 WTG - Long Strokes - Gave the more difficult side of my face to the Gibbs as I know how it shaves so the Rex got the easier side of my face and neck for this shave. I started with the Gibbs and got the normal smooth yet efficient 1st pass. Had it set on 5 for the 1st pass and besides the smoothness I love the maneuverability of this little guy. If all things were perfect just a little longer handle would be even better. So on to the Rex and you can really feel the blade and it sings a pretty loud song as far as audio feedback goes. I liked the balance of the razor in my hand and this is where I connected the feel somewhere between the Fatboy and the Gibbs but to me the only connection to the Fatboy that I get from it. Anyway finished the first pass and both sides felt about the same at this point. So on to the 2nd pass XTG ear to nose. Back to the Gibbs another silky smooth pass and just a note. Lather moves nicely threw the Gibbs as well. The Gibbs does have blade feel and audio feedback but sings a much softer song than the Rex does. My two favorite blades in the Gibbs btw are the Posliver and the kai just for those that want to know. So on to the Rex and again blade feel on this pass. What I didn't like was trying to move around my lips as it wasn't catching all the stubble very well but under the nose was no problem. Again almost the same results except around my lips on the Rex side. So pretty good up to this point. 3rd pass ATG. I knocked down the setting on both razors for this pass to a 3 1/2 on the Rex and 4 on the Gibbs. This pass is where I noticed a difference. While the Gibbs was very smooth and very maneuverable the Rex wasn't and I could start to feel some blade chatter and could start to feel some irritation developing as it was not as smooth as the Gibbs and more importantly it seemed to skip spots. I will note I used little to no pressure when using either of these two razors as the weight of the Rex is quite hefty and the head on the Gibbs is no lightweight So at the end of the 3rd ATG pass I had to go over the area around my lips with the Gibbs to get rid of the stubble on the Rex's side that I wasn't able to get to match in closeness to the Gibbs side.
So to summarize the first shave comparison Both sides were at an entry level 1 BBS shave but I'd have to give it to the vintage Gibbs as it was the smoother and more maneuverable razor and the fact that it had the harder side of my face to shave along with the fact it took care of all areas equally as opposed to the Rex which didn't get as good around my lips and it took more extra strokes to knock down my stubble so that both sides were evenly shaved. 

Next Shave
Same razors and same tools

NOTE: So on this the last shave comparison I did I'm using the skin stretch short stroke progressive beard reduction technique I came up with for myself which I'd be willing to share if anyone has an interest in knowing about it.  I've shared it with some forum members and some shaving friends as well so feel free to message me and I doing some drawings and instructions which when finished I'll post up for those that have asked for a visual as I don't do videos yet. NOTE: I use this technique when I'm using more efficient or what some may call aggressive razors and want to do a shave with less passes. I also find I get less irritation when using a very efficient razor with this technique. It's similar to a straight razor technique only because of the more maneuverability of a DE or SE razor it's been somewhat modified.

On to the shave and the 1st pass - WTG. This time I wanted to give the Rex the challenge of taking on my more difficult side to shave. Started on the Rex side and the first pass was not bad as it took down my 2 day stubble pretty well and I'll make a note that with all the shaves with the Rex (except for the first shave with the Nacet blade) I’d call the best passes with the Rex have been the WTG pass. Don't know why just is and very noticeable. So on to the Gibbs side. Now I know what this razor can do using the short stroke technique and no disappointment here. Smooth and efficient and if I were going to work and wanted a really good CCS/DFS shave I'd just stop after the first pass. So a great pass! Next on to the ATG pass with the Rex. I really put a very good lather on my face for this pass and the Rex seemed to like this technique much better than the long strokes I had used on the last shave as I didn't get any chattering and no skips. Blade and audio feedback was loud and clear as usual and this pass was much better than the first time going ATG, but at the end of the day this razor is just not as smooth as the Gibbs as least this one Rex I had in my hand wasn't. Again it may be due to the issues it has. An once again it had a problem getting me close around my lips and I went over it a few times but then moved on. Overall I felt it got me close but I know by feel that I'd have to do some shave water buffing on some of my troubled spots on that one side of my face and neck so I took some shave soap water and did a buffing on my cowlick and jawline but picked up the Gibbs to do around my lips on that side. Finished with a solid BBS level 1 shave on the Rex side but I was at a Level 2 on the Gibbs side and I solidified that with both a cotton test after the shave and as the beard grew out over the next two days. So my conclusion is in these two shave offs the Gibbs was the clear winner and remains my favorite DE adjustable so far.

Feedback is always welcome and I hope you enjoyed the shave comparison.

Thanks!
I am glad to see you are a man of a few words

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

26 777
 01-15-2018, 01:13 PM
User Info
LMAO!

Longest shave comparison I’ve ever done!

Hey I put a warning up you were in for a long read!

0 232
 01-15-2018, 03:00 PM
User Info
That's an epic review!  Seriously though, it's informative and the effort it took is appreciated.

53 7,965
 01-15-2018, 04:24 PM
User Info
(01-15-2018, 03:00 PM)TheLegalRazor Wrote: That's an epic review!  Seriously though, it's informative and the effort it took is appreciated.

Thank you!

I probably could have left out some the history of the Razors and just commented on the shave but I had a lot of requests for this comparison from members of this and other forums and some of my Shaving brothers so when I look at it now it’s like WOW that’s long lol

0 232
 01-15-2018, 04:37 PM
User Info
Great review. When I get my Rex back and a Gibbs from you I will try the same comparison

12 261
 01-15-2018, 07:39 PM
User Info
Fantastically lengthy review. Well done.  Thumbsup

89 21,195
 01-16-2018, 07:59 AM
User Info
(01-15-2018, 04:37 PM)Shavemd Wrote: Great review. When I get my Rex back and a Gibbs from you I will try the same comparison

Hi Mark 

Thanks for the Rex and it's one it's way my friend! 

Thumbsup

0 232
 01-16-2018, 08:01 AM
User Info
(01-15-2018, 07:39 PM)celestino Wrote: Fantastically lengthy review. Well done.  Thumbsup

Thank you for the kind words! 

Oh and sorry for the long read.

0 232
 01-16-2018, 08:38 AM
User Info
(01-16-2018, 08:01 AM)Wanderer66 Wrote: Thank you for the kind words! 

Hey, don't apologize.  I (and apparently others) found it very interesting, and it was great that you took the time.

15 281
 01-16-2018, 11:27 AM
User Info
(01-16-2018, 08:38 AM)BrickHud Wrote:
(01-16-2018, 08:01 AM)Wanderer66 Wrote: Thank you for the kind words! 

Hey, don't apologize.  I (and apparently others) found it very interesting, and it was great that you took the time.

Thanks much appreciated!   Thumbsup

0 232
 01-22-2018, 03:56 PM
User Info
I received my Ambassador back from RE today.  The gap problem has been completely remedied.  I spoke with Matt last week and the issue was the guard plate - it just wouldn't play nice with others.  He messed around making adjustments, swapping orientations, etc., and could not get the gap even.  He installed a new blade guard and that remedied the gap issue.

Matt does the vast majority of the initial assembly work on all the Ambassadors (he did have some assistance with the last round due to the amount of pending orders) and all of the repair work.  He was out of the office the week after New Year when the razor arrived back at RE, so the razor was not looked at until last week.

I have not shaved with it yet.  The maiden voyage will be tonight.  I have about a half dozen shaves with my Gibbs 17, so looking forward to comparing the shaves.

0 10
 01-22-2018, 05:32 PM
User Info
Bullgoose is getting a shipment of these today or tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 1,158