07-02-2017, 06:47 PM
User Info
I plan to go down to Razor Emporium and check one out after they're released. If I'm impressed enough, I may start saving up...

1 297
 07-03-2017, 01:49 PM
  • JRRIII
  • Blossoming Addict
  • East Coast
User Info
I am very interested in it, and while I do get the price of $249 is a little steep for most of us: it does seem like a reasonable price to me for a stainless, made in USA razor. 

Especially give the fact that the B&R adjustable is $300, the Above the Tie 'fixed adjustable set' is $300, and a razor emporium replated fatboy or slim adjustable is $195+ (depending on how you order it), it really seems like it's right in the sweet spot price wise in my opinion.

I am eagerly standing by on a review because I am very interested.

I will say it is kind of strange that there is not more of presence on social media and YouTube of this razor. Stan and B&R had prototypes sent out for review in both blog and video platforms leading up to their release. Huh

8 451
 07-04-2017, 07:23 AM
User Info
I preordered the Rex and can't for its release. One of my all time favorite adjustables is the French Gibbs which delivers a smooth efficient shave for me every time. The head on the Rex clearly was modeled after the Gibbs. I do love my B&R Adjustable but it is not as smooth as the Gibbs. So for me if the Rex lands anywhere between the Gibbs and B&R it will be a homerun for me!

7 546
 07-06-2017, 02:35 PM
  • Harvey
  • North Hills CA
User Info
Yah...what the hell...so did I.......probably get it before the Rockwell model T is finally delivered...if ever....waiting...waiting..waiting......(looks like model T won,t be shipping in July as per latest "update"....(sorry I ever ordered it).....however I have great anticipation for the REX...looking good for August ........

6 2,027
 07-08-2017, 02:29 AM
User Info
I have one on pre-order! I also ordered it with Rhodium plating due to my allergic reaction to nickel. I'm super stoked and will send pictures.

0 47
 07-11-2017, 08:52 AM
User Info
(06-30-2017, 09:40 PM)Bobusa Wrote: Yes. I pre-ordered that Rex razor from razor emporium. It is supposed to be delivered in August.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bobusa, Colonial razor DLC is one of the best and smoothest monofilo SE razors I have. Thank you very much for this excellent gift.
I see that you are also waiting for the Rex Ambassador, I really like the image of that razor, I hope to read your evidence and conclusions about it and if it is soft and at the same time shaves very well.
This week I have three coronary bypasses, I hope everything goes well and we can continue to chat.
greetings from Barcelona.
Best Regards
José Luis

0 13
 07-11-2017, 12:06 PM
User Info
(07-11-2017, 08:52 AM)Fluffyskiador Wrote:
(06-30-2017, 09:40 PM)Bobusa Wrote: Yes. I pre-ordered that Rex razor from razor emporium. It is supposed to be delivered in August.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bobusa, Colonial razor DLC is one of the best and smoothest monofilo SE razors I have. Thank you very much for this excellent gift.
I see that you are also waiting for the Rex Ambassador, I really like the image of that razor, I hope to read your evidence and conclusions about it and if it is soft and at the same time shaves very well.
This week I have three coronary bypasses, I hope everything goes well and we can continue to chat.
Best Regards
José Luis

Best wishes for a successful procedure and a speedy recovery Jose Luis.

50 6,089
 07-11-2017, 12:23 PM
User Info
Thanks a lot. See you.

Enviado desde mi iPad utilizando Tapatalk

0 13
 07-11-2017, 05:53 PM
  • chazt
  • Bayside, NY
User Info
(07-11-2017, 08:52 AM)Fluffyskiador Wrote: This week I have three coronary bypasses, I hope everything goes well and we can continue to chat.
Best Regards
José Luis

Jose Luis, I was in your wonderful city a few month ago. Everything about Barcelona was spectacular. I hope you draw on Barcelona's beauty as an inspiration for your recovery.

7 2,147
 07-12-2017, 12:25 AM
User Info
(07-11-2017, 05:53 PM)chazt Wrote:
(07-11-2017, 08:52 AM)Fluffyskiador Wrote: This week I have three coronary bypasses, I hope everything goes well and we can continue to chat.
Best Regards
José Luis

Jose Luis, I was in your wonderful city a few month ago. Everything about Barcelona was spectacular. I hope you draw on Barcelona's beauty as an inspiration for your recovery.

Thank you very much, Barcelona is very good city, and have many tipical and beautiful restaurants. Breakfast in wonderful and small tipical bakery.
And more than Two thousand years old, monuments and others.
If any time your visit Barcelona , call me. Don't worry.
I will be a free cicerone for you.
Best Regards.
José Luis

Enviado desde mi iPad utilizando Tapatalk

0 13
 07-12-2017, 06:19 AM
User Info
 07-12-2017, 07:11 AM
User Info
(07-12-2017, 06:19 AM)slantman Wrote: I am in

You are in Barcelona now?
Ohhh excuse me, tomorrow morning I will be in the hospital for a surgical Bypass. By two ir three Weeks are out of the streets.
If you can go to Restaurant: El Xampañet near to Catedral Santa Maria del Mar.
Or La Cova Fumada, or Cal Papi, or Restaurant Barceloneta. Diferent ítems and good restaurants.
Next time see you.
Best regards

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

0 13
 07-12-2017, 07:20 AM
User Info
(07-12-2017, 07:11 AM)Fluffyskiador Wrote:
(07-12-2017, 06:19 AM)slantman Wrote: I am in

You are in Barcelona now?
Ohhh excuse me, tomorrow morning I will be in the hospital for a surgical Bypass. By two ir three Weeks are out of the streets.
If you can go to Restaurant: El Xampañet near to Catedral Santa Maria del Mar.
Or La Cova Fumada, or Cal Papi, or Restaurant Barceloneta. Diferent ítems and good restaurants.
Next time see you.
Best regards

Sorry but I am in to purchase this razor. I want to wish you all the luck in the world and hope your surgery goes perfect.

121 13,122
 07-12-2017, 07:40 AM
User Info
Ok , excuse I dont understand. I think you are in BCN.
Enjoy by the Rex.
You will explain how it works and if it is smooth.
Best Regards

0 13
 07-12-2017, 02:35 PM
User Info
Jose Luis, I hope all goes well for you.   Your post put my own current health problems in perspective for me.  

I have vertigo that started about three weeks ago; it has calmed down, but not completely, and I am still dizzy much of the time, especially with movement.  So on Sunday evening I was walking down the steps to the garage without paying much attention and I slipped on the stairs.  It was a pretty minor slip, and without the vertigo I'm pretty sure I would not have fallen, but I lost my balance and could not regain it, tumbling down the last couple of steps to the cement floor.  In the process, I tweaked my right knee, to the point that I have a severe limp and take the steps one at a time like a toddler.  

So, long story short, I was feeling pretty sorry for myself.  But then I read your post, and now I have a new perspective.  

I will pray for a successful surgery for you, and I have already slowed down my own whining considerably.  :-)

2 1,460
 07-13-2017, 01:44 AM
User Info
(07-12-2017, 02:35 PM)kingfisher Wrote: Jose Luis, I hope all goes well for you.   Your post put my own current health problems in perspective for me.  

I have vertigo that started about three weeks ago; it has calmed down, but not completely, and I am still dizzy much of the time, especially with movement.  So on Sunday evening I was walking down the steps to the garage without paying much attention and I slipped on the stairs.  It was a pretty minor slip, and without the vertigo I'm pretty sure I would not have fallen, but I lost my balance and could not regain it, tumbling down the last couple of steps to the cement floor.  In the process, I tweaked my right knee, to the point that I have a severe limp and take the steps one at a time like a toddler.  

So, long story short, I was feeling pretty sorry for myself.  But then I read your post, and now I have a new perspective.  

I will pray for a successful surgery for you, and I have already slowed down my own whining considerably.  :-)

Thanks you very much, Take care and recover soon, it is important to have a good quality of life to live many years in good condition.
Best Regards

0 13
 08-31-2017, 09:47 AM
User Info
I have one on pre-order as well and having Matt finish it in Rhodium.  Can wait to receive it.

0 47
 08-31-2017, 02:11 PM
User Info
(07-02-2017, 10:15 AM)kyproset Wrote: The Rex looks mighty interesting but for $249 even with a 15% discount, I thinl I'll stick with my fat boy.

From what Ive heard and read the Rex on max setting/ max blade exposure is equal to a Fatboy on # 7 setting. Looks nice but I'lm passing on this one.

0 110
 08-31-2017, 02:29 PM
User Info
7?  I'm surprised. 

Looks interesting. 

I'm looking for reviews. Sounds like a couple more weeks at least by what you guys are saying.

9 1,411
 08-31-2017, 03:12 PM
User Info
(08-31-2017, 02:11 PM)Wanderer66 Wrote:
(07-02-2017, 10:15 AM)kyproset Wrote: The Rex looks mighty interesting but for $249 even with a 15% discount, I thinl I'll stick with my fat boy.

From what Ive heard and read the Rex on max setting/ max blade exposure is equal to a Fatboy on # 7 setting. Looks nice but I'lm passing on this one.
I think you're talking about blade gap rather than exposure, which in and of itself is not a particularly good indicator of much of anything. As the Ambassador head design is more Apollo/Gibbs/Progress/Variant than Gillette you would expect the shave to more resemble the former than the latter. Which is fine by me but I speak for no one. People who hold the Fatboy as the pinnacle of razor design may not be persuaded. Matt says it will shave different and better than the Progress (and I assume the Gibbs) and I consider that cause for celebration but not a slight against the rest of those progenitors.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

1 217