• Leesburg, Florida
User Info
Your test is beautiful.

100 12,449
 08-23-2012, 06:01 PM
  • Stroker
  • Jacksonville, Oregon
User Info
(08-23-2012, 01:12 PM)slantman Wrote: Your test is beautiful.

I have been using Photobucket as a photo storage for pics I transfer to the forums for my SOTD posts. It has started to really suck as far as showing my pics (even the ones I have downloaded in the past) A lot of the times I go to the forum to check the threads and my photo is missing. Everyone elses' are there but mine are gone. I have been trying to figure out where the problem is. Is it my computer (virus) or photobucket problems or what?
The test was to see if I could transfer photos directly to the forum without using photobucket and it looks like I can and I may go that route from now on.
Maybe I can find a better photo storage site whatever....Angry

6 448
 08-23-2012, 06:34 PM
  • Johnny
  • Super Moderator
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
Bruce, yes sir, you can download direct from your computer. However, you are able to do so using the quick reply. You have to either click on New Reply or reply to a specific post.

This is how I do it. But, the only time I can see my pictures is if I'm logged on.

You can enter direct on those others forums we both visit also.

173 23,553
 08-23-2012, 06:58 PM
  • Dave
  • Moderator Emeritus
User Info
I'd suggest Flickr. I've never had a moments trouble with the service. Photobucket seems to be less reliable than it used to be

116 3,804
 08-23-2012, 07:37 PM
  • Stroker
  • Jacksonville, Oregon
User Info
(08-23-2012, 06:34 PM)Johnny Wrote: Bruce, yes sir, you can download direct from your computer. However, you are able to do so using the quick reply. You have to either click on New Reply or reply to a specific post.

This is how I do it. But, the only time I can see my pictures is if I'm logged on.

You can enter direct on those others forums we both visit also.

(08-23-2012, 06:58 PM)Dave Wrote: I'd suggest Flickr. I've never had a moments trouble with the service. Photobucket seems to be less reliable than it used to be

Thanks guys! I have been playing around with the upload programs on the forums directly and I think I have it figured out for both this forum and the other one (TSD) so tomorrow I will give it a try that way. I agree, photobucket used to be pretty good but it has gotten terrible lately! I'm never sure if my pics are being seen or not. Most of the time I can't even see them myself logged on or off. lol
I went into PB today and created a bunch of albums and rearranged things but it's still doing the same thing. Here's hoping tomorrows pics go on without a hitch using the forums uploader systems. lol Smile

6 448
 08-23-2012, 08:38 PM
User Info
Bruce, that explains why i have not seen some of your pics, lately! Good luck, my friend.

75 20,883
 08-23-2012, 10:06 PM
User Info
I noticed that for awhile when I copyied the direct link from Photobucket. I discovered the problem by previewing the post and I'd redo it and it would work. Very curious.

That happened for a short time and it hasn't happened since for me. Not a clue why it was happening.

32 6,311
 09-28-2012, 06:49 PM
  • geezer
  • Menomonie, Western WI
User Info
I use PB for all the forums i am posting upon. I use the [IMG]what photo[/IMG] This causes the forum software to know what to expect of the web address within the box bracketed instructions. Some forums want that only. I am told that a direct link causes extra operations on the forum and they can often go wrong. I have had a lot of failures trying to use the other possibilities.Facepalm
[IMG...]http://i1168.photobucket.com/albums/r497/fabdlux/KIF_0009-4.jpg[/IMG...]
The three extra periods were added within the box brackets to keep the forum from processing this string; which would, otherwise, appear as:
[Image: KIF_0009-4.jpg]

I do like the TinyPic photo uploader here! It works well and seems to be fool and me proof! And I do not have to try to rescale my images to fit within a size
~Richard

8 1,190
 09-28-2012, 06:57 PM
  • Tonality
  • Attempted Soap Sabbatical
  • Boston
User Info
I find http://www.imgur.com is really easy to use and a bit more user-friendly than photobucket. Very useful if you make an account.

35 1,732
 10-04-2012, 02:22 PM
User Info
I love your Omega...one i still haven´t in my collection! Cool

0 63