07-03-2017, 04:39 PM
User Info
Partially inspired by this post, I am curious to see if anyone else has noticed differences in Personna Med Preps.  The ones I usually see have the Personna logo in black like the ones pictured on the left.  The blades with the white Personna logo are the potential "fakes" as mentioned in the other thread.  I don't believe they are since I purchased them new from Robbins in 2015.  I assumed the ones on the left were just an older version (bought second hand from several different forum members).  I'm not sure I could pass a blind test, but the white logo blades are maybe a bit sharper.  One really weird thing is that when I open the razor to remove the blade, the black logo blades always stick to the bottom plate, but the white logo blades stick to the cap (this is with a Feather AS-D1).  I have no idea what would cause this, but it's consistent, which leads me to believe there is some difference in these blades.  Anyway, curious what blades people are receiving when buying new and if you think this is just a packaging difference or if the blades themselves have changed.

[Image: 7nYOj0E.jpg]
[Image: R09NMgE.jpg]
[Image: UpLcEML.jpg]

32 293
 07-03-2017, 09:01 PM
User Info
I notice that the printing on the inside of the paper wrapper is different. Do you suppose that change happened when Energizer Holdings Inc (which previously purchased American Safety Razor) spun off its personal care division (which included the former ASR) in 2015 as Edgewell Personal Care? In my mind, the printing would have to change because American Safety Razor no longer exists as a separate corporate entity. Not sure about that, just a guess, but worth considering.

16 351
 07-04-2017, 05:12 AM
  • SCOV
  • Minnesota
User Info
I bought a box of 250 blades from Connaught in 2016 - blades on the left.  The wrapper design on the right looks more modern/recent and explains the changes in corporate ownership.  

I would also be interested in opinions on any change.  The medical community may not care about "new and improved" and thus silence on changes (if any).  Sharper blades always good, cost saving ideas not always good.

4 389
 07-04-2017, 05:30 AM
User Info
Thanks, Craig, that makes sense.  When I bought these, they were initially on back order because they had to fix a machine.  Doubt that would make the blades any different but who knows.  I just hadn't seen a picture of this packaging until the post I linked to.

32 293