07-03-2017, 10:48 PM
User Info
Hello,

What are some of the more common, readily available and lower-cost mens colognes and aftershave currently available on the market today and where should I look for them?

Thank you

0 71
 07-04-2017, 01:53 AM
User Info
Givenchy Gentlemen Only is nice stuff and quite affordable if you look around online.. Acqua di Gio Profumo is also quite popular, and gets excellent reviews.  Hit up your local Macys or similar and try out some testers.

53 1,186
 07-04-2017, 02:30 AM
  • Rufus
  • Greater Toronto Area
User Info
I can't speak to Cologne as I don't use it, but as for aftershaves here are a few: Aqua Velva Original Ice Blue, Aqua Velva Sport, Aqua Velva Musk, Brut, Old Spice, Williams, Pinaud Clubman and the other Pinauds, British Sterling, English Leather, Stetson, and Jovan Musk.

7 906
 07-04-2017, 03:04 AM
User Info
(07-04-2017, 02:30 AM)Rufus Wrote: I can't speak to Cologne as I don't use it, but as for aftershaves here are a few: Aqua Velva Original Ice Blue, Aqua Velva Sport, Aqua Velva Musk, Brut, Old Spice, Williams, Pinaud Clubman and the other Pinauds, British Sterling, English Leather, Stetson, and Jovan Musk.

Bryan, those are all good suggestions for classic, inexpensive aftershaves.  There is also Mennen Skin Bracer.

50 5,927
 07-04-2017, 07:54 PM
User Info
Common & cheap can be found at Target & Walmart. I like Target better, cleaner stores in general and the selection seems to be pretty decent. They have all the stand by's: Drakkar, Cool Water, etc. Otherwise, Macy's has got the "entry level but still mid level" mass market colognes.

9 3,036
 07-05-2017, 07:24 AM
User Info
Inexpensive aftershaves would range from the drug store usuals, Pinaud, Brut, AV, Old Spice, etc

Fragrances should be tested in store and bought online for substantially less, I like to keep as much money as possible!  Tsar is a good cheap one, Le Vetiver by Carven, Tuscany, The One or the blue one from Dolce & Gabbana, Karl Lagerfeld.  There's so many

18 60
 07-12-2017, 08:12 AM
User Info
What about Speick?
Maybe 6EU per bottle. Fully biological. Nice performance.

Bulldog after shave balm
biological as well, nice skin feeling, slightly odd scent which works quite well with some of the older, slightly odd Penhaligon's edps Smile
7.5 EU, discounted as low as 3.5EU here

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

0 81
 07-16-2017, 11:05 PM
User Info
Unfortunately my favorite Cade splash is discontinued. I wish there was an alternative aside from the eau de toilette.

Speick, Myrsol plastic shave, Old Spice and Clubman Pinaud has brought me nothing but delight.

11 1,169
 07-19-2017, 03:55 PM
  • Quando
  • Banned
  • Somewhere far-away, from Home
User Info
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements/Crown King makes a ton of aftershave/colognes, which retail for around $25.00/pop.  Fine Accoutrements makes some great replicas of big name Eau De Toilettes, in mentholated aftershave versions.  They are pretty strong, too, though.

1 589
 08-16-2017, 03:13 PM
User Info
I've made my way through most of the cheap offerings from the likes of Walmart, Target and Walgreens. Most of them have fallen by the wayside but the keepers for me are Aqua Velva Musk and Afta Fresh. The keepers I buy online are Pinaud Citrus Musk and Osage Rub. If you can find it or have friends in or traveling to Canada, Aqua Velva Original Sport (green) is excellent. 

For colognes, you might want to try some of the clone-scents from Walmart. I think they go for around $8. I like the G-Eau which is a clone of Aqua Di Gio, Blue Depths which is a clone of Davidoff Cool Water and Black Classic Match which is a clone of Polo Black.

1 3
 08-16-2017, 03:49 PM
User Info
Lots of reputable, discount online retailers:

Maxaroma
BeautyEncounter
FragranceX

13 478
 08-16-2017, 06:21 PM
  • Nero
  • Ban Groupthink from Earth
  • le montagne
User Info
(07-05-2017, 07:24 AM)Username taken Wrote: Inexpensive aftershaves would range from the drug store usuals, Pinaud, Brut, AV, Old Spice, etc

Fragrances should be tested in store and bought online for substantially less, I like to keep as much money as possible!  Tsar is a good cheap one, Le Vetiver by Carven, Tuscany, The One or the blue one from Dolce & Gabbana, Karl Lagerfeld.  There's so many

Nice call!
Tsar punches well above its weight.

59 2,696
 08-16-2017, 07:25 PM
  • SCOV
  • Minnesota
User Info
(07-12-2017, 08:12 AM)apogee. Wrote: What about Speick?
Maybe 6EU per bottle. Fully biological. Nice performance.

Bulldog after shave balm
biological as well, nice skin feeling, slightly odd scent which works quite well with some of the older, slightly odd Penhaligon's edps Smile
7.5 EU, discounted as low as 3.5EU here

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

+1 on Bulldog.  I have used a few of their shave products - always happy.  Target & Swanson Health on-line and others <$9

4 370
 08-16-2017, 07:38 PM
  • evnpar
  • Emeritus
  • Portland, Oregon
User Info
You can get Grey Flannel aftershave and cologne at Target incredibly cheap, and it's a decent product.

38 5,083
 08-16-2017, 11:20 PM
User Info
Check out whatever local discount stores like Ross and Marshall's. They get lots of great fragrances for relatively cheap. I've purchased things like Azzaro Pour Homme ($20 For the large bottle), Issey Miyake ($40 for 2.5 oz), and I've regularly seen the most recent iteration (I will add the worst) Versace The Dreamer, and many other designer brands like Geoffrey Beane Grey Flannel and even the discontinued Bvlgari Black regularly. It's easy enough to search what they have on your phone while you're there if you are unsure of what you see.

7 313
 08-17-2017, 02:08 AM
User Info
4711 cologne as well as after shave
Alvarez Gomez agua colinia cologne
Cella Lavender Cologne
Proraso after shaves (all of them)
Floid after shaves (all of them)
Myrsol after shave (all of them)
Speick after shave

But if you want to go for fragrances, you can get a lot of the classic from the 80's and 90's for really affordable prices.
I own most of the ones I used as a kid/teenager (I was into fragrances in an early age)

The list is too long to mention here really, but some of my favourites can be had really cheap online and all the ones I mention here are classics and still great for 35+ years of age men:

Azzaro pour pomme
Cacharel pour homme
Givenchy Gentelman
Boss no.1
Lagerfeld Classic
Lacoste pour homme

I own several 100's of the classics and even more of the newer fragrances (I'm a frag head) but these ones I mentioned here are very affordable and STILL great fragrances.

24 5,924
 08-22-2017, 08:30 PM
User Info
I own even more. No not really.  Just Tabac.

1 227