07-04-2017, 03:48 PM
  • Quando
  • Banned
  • Somewhere far-away, from Home
User Info
I have been using Crystal Rock Deodorant & Anti-Perspirant, for about seven years, now, and, I am looking for something better.  I want it to be clear, not white, and, would prefer if it contained potassium alum, but, my current choice is starting to irritate me, a little, when I use it.

1 589
 07-04-2017, 04:09 PM
User Info
This isn't going to help you as it is white but I've really been enjoying dove extra care, the blue scent in particular. I get sensitive to deodorants and this one in particular I've never had a reaction to so I've stuck with it the past year or 2

28 777
 07-04-2017, 08:34 PM
  • Mel S Meles
  • On the edge, ouch
  • 44.4899° south of the North Pole
User Info
(07-04-2017, 03:48 PM)Quando Wrote: I have been using Crystal Rock Deodorant & Anti-Perspirant, for about seven years, now, and, I am looking for something better.  I want it to be clear, not white, and, would prefer if it contained potassium alum, but, my current choice is starting to irritate me, a little, when I use it.

Kiss My Face Liquid Rock (roll-on). The Cucumber Green Tea scent is good.

1 1,103
 07-05-2017, 05:39 AM
  • SCOV
  • Minnesota
User Info
Malin & Goetz Eucalyptus deodorant.  Known for sensitive skin - no alum or alcohol.
Jack Black Pit Stop seems to get some good ratings.  I have some to try in the near future.

4 419
 07-05-2017, 04:54 PM
  • Quando
  • Banned
User Info
(07-04-2017, 04:09 PM)Safelysimpson Wrote: This isn't going to help you as it is white but I've really been enjoying dove extra care, the blue scent in particular. I get sensitive to deodorants and this one in particular I've never had a reaction to so I've stuck with it the past year or 2

Dove soaps give me a nasty rash, so, I think I might skip this one.

(07-04-2017, 08:34 PM)Mel S Meles Wrote:
(07-04-2017, 03:48 PM)Quando Wrote: I have been using Crystal Rock Deodorant & Anti-Perspirant, for about seven years, now, and, I am looking for something better.  I want it to be clear, not white, and, would prefer if it contained potassium alum, but, my current choice is starting to irritate me, a little, when I use it.

Kiss My Face Liquid Rock (roll-on).  The Cucumber Green Tea scent is good.

This looks good.  I was excited to see they have a variety of scents, including, fragrance free. 

(07-05-2017, 05:39 AM)SCOV Wrote: Malin & Goetz Eucalyptus deodorant.  Known for sensitive skin - no alum or alcohol.
Jack Black Pit Stop seems to get some good ratings.  I have some to try in the near future.

Both of those look interesting.

1 589
 07-05-2017, 09:10 PM
  • Mr_Smartepants
  • Cambridgeshire, UK (CONUS post address)
User Info
I've been using both Speick & Tabac deodorant sticks depending on scent of the day.  Both are clear-ish (more a translucent).  Neither have aluminum salts (which cause me irritation).

47 1,935
 07-07-2017, 06:21 PM
  • Quando
  • Banned
User Info
I went with Old Spice Stronger Swagger.  The scent is nice, but, a bit strong.  I may have to try Speick, but, I am leery of lavender, as it tends to make me stinky, in the summertime.  

I would have gone with Liquid Rock, by Kiss My Face, but, I was allergic to most of its ingredients.  I might look into Taylor of Old Bond Street, so that it would match my aftershave.

1 589
 07-07-2017, 06:34 PM
User Info
(07-05-2017, 04:54 PM)Quando Wrote:
(07-04-2017, 04:09 PM)Safelysimpson Wrote: This isn't going to help you as it is white but I've really been enjoying dove extra care, the blue scent in particular. I get sensitive to deodorants and this one in particular I've never had a reaction to so I've stuck with it the past year or 2

Dove soaps give me a nasty rash, so, I think I might skip this oneone

The dove men+care line is completely different than their normal line. Their deodorants have a non irritant label on the front which is what originally made me try them . I particularly like the clean comfort scent, but of course YMMV with all of this

28 777
 07-07-2017, 07:03 PM
  • pbrmhl
  • Seattle
User Info
In the non-summer months, I use Tabac deodorant spray in a glass bottle. In summer, I use Sudsy Soapery deodorant in small tubs. Every other deodorant that I've tried (as opposed to drugstore antiperspirant) irritates me. I even got a lecture (and a prescription I've never used) from my doctor at my last physical. (I was using Honey+Milk natural deodorant from Austin, which I loved but made me quite rashy.) I find the Sudsy quite satisfactory.

6 374
 07-07-2017, 07:13 PM
User Info
I urge you to check out Ursa Major. Been rubbing my pits with their all natural stuff made in Vermont for about two years now. They have a new baking soda free version that just launched but I haven't tried it yet. Highly recommend their products. [Image: c5e955e3649add0ec25b5e48aa806fce.jpg]

22 127
 07-08-2017, 03:53 AM
  • Steelman
  • SUPPORT OUR POLICE OFFICERS
  • Delaware
User Info
Mitchum Clinical unscented

169 1,420
 07-08-2017, 05:06 AM
User Info
I recently switched to Native brand deodorant after years of Degree.  Native is white but does not get on my clothes.  Also contains no alum.  
This works better than anything I've tried.

[Image: vy2iFwa.jpg][Image: DpLYF2x.jpg]

1 201
 07-08-2017, 06:21 AM
User Info
I switch between two different antiperspirants, depending on mood and time of year.

One is BodyShop's "Activist"; liquid roll on which is mostly aluminum alum in an alcohol solution - just noticed that the label states it's flammable.

The other - which sees more use when Im at home - is a big chunk of potassium alum. Works very well when applied after a shower and it's not too muggy outside.

3 4,595
 07-10-2017, 05:03 PM
  • Quando
  • Banned
User Info
(07-07-2017, 06:34 PM)Safelysimpson Wrote:
(07-05-2017, 04:54 PM)Quando Wrote:

Dove soaps give me a nasty rash, so, I think I might skip this oneone

The dove men+care line is completely different than their normal line. Their deodorants have a non irritant label on the front which is what originally made me try them . I particularly like the clean comfort scent, but of course YMMV with all of this

Oh, okay.  In that case, I shall check it out. 

(07-07-2017, 07:13 PM)Jackson Wrote: I urge you to check out Ursa Major. Been rubbing my pits with their all natural stuff made in Vermont for about two years now. They have a new baking soda free version that just launched but I haven't tried it yet. Highly recommend their products. [Image: c5e955e3649add0ec25b5e48aa806fce.jpg]
I will look into this one.  I am intrigued.  
(07-08-2017, 03:53 AM)Steelman Wrote: Mitchum Clinical unscented
If I can find this, I will look into it. 
(07-08-2017, 06:21 AM)WegianWarrior Wrote: I switch between two different antiperspirants, depending on mood and time of year.

One is BodyShop's "Activist"; liquid roll on which is mostly aluminum alum in an alcohol solution - just noticed that the label states it's flammable.

The other - which sees more use when Im at home - is a big chunk of potassium alum. Works very well when applied after a shower and it's not too muggy outside.

That is what I have been using.  Potassium alum, I mean.  I have been using it, for years, and, then, all of sudden, it starts to give me a rash.

1 589
 07-10-2017, 05:07 PM
  • Quando
  • Banned
User Info
To be honest, since most deodorants have so many ingredients, I might just stick with the Crystal Rock Body Spray, which is nothing but water, and, potassium alum.  Everything else seems like it is frivolous, at best.

1 589
 07-14-2017, 04:56 PM
  • Quando
  • Banned
User Info
I picked up some Almay, tonight.  It was clear, and, I had trouble reading the ingredients list.  I missed where it said "inactive ingredients," down, at the bottom, of the thing, and, at the top is aluminum sesquichlorohydrate, which, of course, causes cancer, and, Alzheimer's Disease, and, probably, a rash.

This sucks.  Sad

1 589
 07-14-2017, 06:05 PM
  • Quando
  • Banned
User Info
So, according to the company website, Speed Stick Musk is free of Aluminum, and, Dye.  I am, really, hoping this one works out, for my body.

1 589
 07-17-2017, 06:26 AM
User Info
I really liked Sudsy Soaper deordorant but I found I needed to put a good amount on for it to work, Mystic Waters deodorant is really great stuff too.

2 465
 07-18-2017, 03:18 AM
  • DayMan
  • Tennessee
User Info
I have sensitive skin and I'm able to use Mitchum unscented or Degree black and white. I tried the alum spray before and it did not work for me. I know it's not supposed to keep you from sweating, which I was ok with, but it also didn't keep me from stinking, which I was not ok with.

3 571
 07-18-2017, 04:21 PM
  • Quando
  • Banned
User Info
(07-18-2017, 03:18 AM)DayMan Wrote: I have sensitive skin and I'm able to use Mitchum unscented or Degree black and white. I tried the alum spray before and it did not work for me. I know it's not supposed to keep you from sweating, which I was ok with, but it also didn't keep me from stinking, which I was not ok with.

I have been unable, thus far, to smell myself.  I was actually quite impressed.  Well, you know what they say:  every man has his own body chemistry.  This is the reason there are literally hundreds, if not thousands, of brands of deodorant.  I really think I found mine.  

This is one item I refuse to start ordering online.  What happens if I run out?  Just go stinky, or, go get something from the store.  I would rather have it be the same.  I want everything to be the same, exactly the same, for my morning routine.  The only thing about the evening routine, which can change, for now, is which brush & cream & aftershave tonic to use.

1 589